Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
joshcoonradt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2 things that bug me

1. Playoff rosters. You call guys up in September then have to put some of them thru waivers to set your playoff roster. I would like to see real playoff rosters put in place. Where you can choose any 25 guys you want from your 40 man roster per round.

2.Stolen bases. In pbp mode you tell a guy to steal and he dosn't...very frustrating.

Great game....way to addicting

Thanks,
Josh
joshcoonradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

#2 is because he doesnt get a good jump, if he keeps going he'll likely be thrown out...
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcoonradt View Post
1. Playoff rosters. You call guys up in September then have to put some of them thru waivers to set your playoff roster. I would like to see real playoff rosters put in place. Where you can choose any 25 guys you want from your 40 man roster per round.

2.Stolen bases. In pbp mode you tell a guy to steal and he dosn't...very frustrating.

Thanks,
Josh
I think with regards to #1 that the real life system is that the 25 that you use in the playoffs must be on the 25 man roster no later than August 31 or September 1 (can't remember which). The exception is when injuries happen. That allows you to choose any player off the 40 to replace the injured player. It may have changed in recent years though, I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: To be eligible to play in the post-season a player must either be on the 25-man roster or the 15-day or 60-day DL as of August 31. Any player in the organization is eligible to replace an injured player in the post-season. If this replacement player is not on the 40-man roster, he must be placed on the 40 before he can be added to the post-season roster.

Last edited by actionjackson; 08-15-2009 at 02:18 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
cjsarg2
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcoonradt View Post

Thanks,
Josh
On the stolen bases, I'm pretty sure you can Send Forced and he'll have to go or you can Run and Hit and he'll go.

Telling him to just Steal means he will if he can get the good jump.
cjsarg2 is offline   Reply With Quote