Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #41
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
My probably useless update of the night. Installed fine, picked up my first baseline without error and will establish another baseline tonight or tomorrow and check out the routines. Should I wait for the new .exe?
Nope, go ahead EG. These problems seem to be Afino specific. The only thing I'll be adding for the next build is error handling on the .csv import.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:07 AM   #42
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Nope, go ahead EG. These problems seem to be Afino specific. The only thing I'll be adding for the next build is error handling on the .csv import.
Okay, then. Expect me to be posting every little thing when it comes up - if it does - so I can help with the polishing. Not that it doesn't shine already, but we want it sparklin', don't we?
Old 07-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #43
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Okay, then. Expect me to be posting every little thing when it comes up - if it does - so I can help with the polishing. Not that it doesn't shine already, but we want it sparklin', don't we?
Absolutely. Definitely let me know of any issues, no matter how small.

Also always feel free to make suggestions. I'm all for making improvements.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:18 AM   #44
Neags23
All Star Starter

Afino, I've uploaded a new set of files here. I didn't feel like figuring out which files you definitely needed new versions of and which you could leave alone. So just overwrite them all.

If all goes as I hope, you will either get a pop up error message, or you will get a file written to your C:\ called "devTrackerErrors.txt". Open that sucker up and let me know what it says.

You'll almost definitely get past the players.csv this time, as the errors are getting caught and bypassed. This doesn't mean the program will work, because by bypassing the errors, it's not writing the .csv files to the necessary tables the program uses. But at least you'll get to see the interface! (hopefully)

Good luck again!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #45
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Afino, I've uploaded a new set of files here. I didn't feel like figuring out which files you definitely needed new versions of and which you could leave alone. So just overwrite them all.

If all goes as I hope, you will either get a pop up error message, or you will get a file written to your C:\ called "devTrackerErrors.txt". Open that sucker up and let me know what it says.

You'll almost definitely get past the players.csv this time, as the errors are getting caught and bypassed. This doesn't mean the program will work, because by bypassing the errors, it's not writing the .csv files to the necessary tables the program uses. But at least you'll get to see the interface! (hopefully)

Good luck again!
Well, somewhat good news this time.

I've gotten all the way to the leagues.csv before it craps out on me! I don't see a text file, but here is the problem details.

This is using my own league. With your test league, it gets one step further, loading the previous baseline before it craps out.
Attached Images

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #46
Neags23
All Star Starter

You don't have a text file written to your c drive? Should be on the root level. Not in a folder or anything. Should be this path: "c:\devTrackerErrors.txt".

If you're sure that's not there.... hm. I'm suspicious that the program isn't being given permission to write a file to your hard drive. I think after the leagues.csv, it starts to try to write the first baseline. If it crashes on that, and wasn't able to write the error file, perhaps something is blocking it from creating files.

Are you running this as administrator? You don't have any special permissions put on any of your OOTP folders, right?

If it can't write the error file, I'll have to come up with another way to spit out the error.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #47
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
You don't have a text file written to your c drive? Should be on the root level. Not in a folder or anything. Should be this path: "c:\devTrackerErrors.txt".

If you're sure that's not there.... hm. I'm suspicious that the program isn't being given permission to write a file to your hard drive. I think after the leagues.csv, it starts to try to write the first baseline. If it crashes on that, and wasn't able to write the error file, perhaps something is blocking it from creating files.

Are you running this as administrator? You don't have any special permissions put on any of your OOTP folders, right?

If it can't write the error file, I'll have to come up with another way to spit out the error.
Just looking at the error window shown up above my initial thoughts were that it was a permission issue - I had that with some of my stuff on Vista until I gave myself permission to do everything I wanted to on my drive.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #48
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nope, I see it now.

Sorry, I thought you meant it would show up on my desktop.

"Something went wrong filling the data table in the OleDB stuff. Here's the exact error:
The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #49
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Nope, I see it now.

Sorry, I thought you meant it would show up on my desktop.

"Something went wrong filling the data table in the OleDB stuff. Here's the exact error:
The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."
Excellent!

I googled the error. Are you running 64-bit Vista?

If so, I want to try something. I'll have a new zip file for you in a few minutes.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #50
Afino
Hall Of Famer

From what I'm seeing, it's because Jet 4.0 can't run on 64-bit Vista systems. Somehow I have to use the 32-bit version. I'm looking for ways to do that.

EDIT: Yes, I am running 64-bit.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #51
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
From what I'm seeing, it's because Jet 4.0 can't run on 64-bit Vista systems. Somehow I have to use the 32-bit version. I'm looking for ways to do that.

EDIT: Yes, I am running 64-bit.
Yep, that's what I saw as well. I think it's something I might have to do on my end. A different way to compile the file or something. I'm working on figuring that out.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #52
Neags23
All Star Starter

Okay, I feel good about this. I changed the compiler to only compile for x86. 64 bit Vista can run x86 apps, but if the app thinks it's compatible with a 64-bit OS, it tries to run it that way, and Jet doesn't work with 64-bit cpu's. So by only compiling for x86, it forces the OS to run it as x86, which Vista 64-bit is fine with and Jet is fine with.

I think we might have a winner!

Download here.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #53
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Great news!

Your test league (the one you sent to me yesterday) WORKS! I can see the interface, play around with it, but looks like it just doesn't have data (but that's okay)

However, my current league doesn't work because it can't find a baseline to work with. "checking for baseline" gives me the crash this time.

PROGRESS!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #54
Neags23
All Star Starter

Sweet! Okay, if checking for a baseline causes a crash... Not sure what's up there. I'll take a look at the code and maybe put some error handling around that.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #55
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Great news!
However, my current league doesn't work because it can't find a baseline to work with. "checking for baseline" gives me the crash this time.
Wait, so it's actually not getting as far as it was? Before it would say "checking for baseline" then "Loading players.csv". So now it crashes immediately after "checking for baseline"?

I'll have a new download in about 10 minutes. I'll put error handling around the whole area.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #56
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wait, so it's actually not getting as far as it was? Before it would say "checking for baseline" then "Loading players.csv". So now it crashes immediately after "checking for baseline"?

I'll have a new download in about 10 minutes. I'll put error handling around the whole area.
Yeah, immediately after "loading league..." the next step is "checking for baseline...", then the crash. No loading players.csv.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #57
Neags23
All Star Starter

Okay, new build here.

I'm a little befuddled on this one, because all checking for baseline does is see if a file exists. That almost never throws errors. Even if it doesn't have permission or something to see the file, it'll just say that it doesn't exist.

So I put in some error handling and a few more lines giving detail about what's going on. Maybe that'll clue us in.

Since we know it works when a baseline does exist, as a last resort, we could always put in a fake baseline. Just copy the devTracker baselines folder from the test league I gave you, delete everything in the baseline except the header line and first row and just change the date in the file (it's like in the middle of the line) to have a year of like 1800 or something.

But we shouldn't have to do that.

Again, thanks for putting up with this! I want to make this sucker as bug free as possible. Always good for honing my coding skills.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #58
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Okay, now it says it's found a baseline, but it checks to see if the baseline comes from OOTPX.

It bombs there.

And hey, I appreciate you doing this as much as you do. You shouldn't have to go through all this to make sure it works for one person.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #59
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And hey, I appreciate you doing this as much as you do. You shouldn't have to go through all this to make sure it works for one person.
Neags is great. Now that he's got his teeth into it, he won't give up until the world, including all Vista users, are using the program! I just see at as one step closer to the TeamRater, so I'm hoping you both stay with it until it's been conquered. I'm sure you will.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #60
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, now it says it's found a baseline, but it checks to see if the baseline comes from OOTPX.

It bombs there.

It found a baseline?

Hmm... go into your import_export folder, and delete the devTracker2_baselines folder. Re run the program. I bet that'll do it. And if for some reason it doesn't, here's a new build with error handling around that part.