Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #21
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric View Post
Try downloading directly from his site rather than using the in-game service.
Last time I got it to work with the in-game service, after wrestling with the download from the site. Maybe this time it'll work in reverse. :crossing fingers: Thanks for the quick response Kelric.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #22
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Action, Kelric and others -

I was not part of the beta team this year, so I just got the game today along with the rest of you. Additionally, I'm not going to have any serious free time to look into and correct any of these issues (logos, etc) until the weekend. I think Steve was hoping that the OOTP9 mods would work seamlessly with OOTP10, but clearly that isn't the case. Hang in there, we'll get this sorted out in time.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 AM   #23
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just curious, but is there any time frame on the '09 ballpark photos/effects/animations package being fixed?
Might be longer than originally thought. None of the workarounds proposed by the OOTP team are working, so ultimately it might be up to someone to do the work over for OOTP 10. I just don't have the bandwidth right now.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:33 AM   #24
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen View Post
Having problems with the all in one for current league. Player Pics install correctly but the team logos seem not to work. I have done the OOTP 9 fix to regenerate logos as well after installing. Any suggestions?
I've tested the All In One for new OOTP10 Leagues and both versions (Current League and All Leagues) work fine with the exception of the 4 teams that added the (A) and (N) designators. All logos are working otherwise.

Now, I can't say what is happening for leagues converted from OOTP9. Since I am having problems with the ballpark mod that was originally created for OOTP9, there may be a similar issue with the All In Ones when used with a league converted from OOTP9.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:24 AM   #25
GXMarc
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
I've tested the All In One for new OOTP10 Leagues and both versions (Current League and All Leagues) work fine with the exception of the 4 teams that added the (A) and (N) designators. All logos are working otherwise.
Little Addition: The "St._Louis_Cardinals" have to be renamed to "St_Louis_Cardinals" for a working logo there

Last edited by GXMarc; 06-04-2009 at 07:57 AM.
GXMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:06 AM   #26
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Now, I can't say what is happening for leagues converted from OOTP9. Since I am having problems with the ballpark mod that was originally created for OOTP9, there may be a similar issue with the All In Ones when used with a league converted from OOTP9.
Mine are new OOTPX leagues as well. Here are the teams where the logos are not working for me

Arizona
Boston
White Sox
Cubs
Reds
Rockies
Angels
Dodgers
Yankees
Mets
Phillies
Pirates
Cardinals
Rays
Nationals

That would be 15 teams where they are not working for me. This is using the "New Major League Game" option in OOTPX. Then installing the Allin one mod for current league, then regenerating logos.

Now the thing I have found to work is to go into each team and regenerate the logo a few times for each individual team that I am having a problem with until OOTP "finds" the logo. All other cap logos and the like are correct (except for the (A) & (N) teams of course. I don;t know if I just had a screwy download of the mod or what, but just thought it might need to be brought to your attention.
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #27
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen View Post
Problem is, it's just not the Chicago and New York teams. The regenerate only works for about a 1/3 of the teams. For the ones that it does work on, it still leaves the old logos in the image file of the league causing the league file to be much larger. I thought the regenerate deleted the old images?
I had the same problem when I downloaded the All-In-One for the currently open league. I then downloaded the All-In-One that would be used for newly created leagues. Then I created a new league and all of the logos show up except for the (A) and (N) teams.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #28
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up No probs

Quote:
Action, Kelric and others -

I was not part of the beta team this year, so I just got the game today along with the rest of you. Additionally, I'm not going to have any serious free time to look into and correct any of these issues (logos, etc) until the weekend. I think Steve was hoping that the OOTP9 mods would work seamlessly with OOTP10, but clearly that isn't the case. Hang in there, we'll get this sorted out in time.
Take 'er easy PadresFan. Everything will happen in due course. In fact, I was actually able to get the Historical Photos to work ye olde fashioned way: DLed and into photos folder and presto (not exactly that quickly as I'm somewhat slow with these things). I'm not sure about the status of the Add-Ons Central in-game feature and your stuff though. I couldn't get it to work, but there's a very good chance that was due to my stumbliness with computery things. Cheers and thanks for all you do here.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #29
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just curious, but is there any time frame on the '09 ballpark photos/effects/animations package being fixed?
Kelric - just got this note from Markus: "I see the dilemma now. The problem is that the park ID is stored in the teams.dat file. So in order to make them match with the OOTP 10 set, the only way is to use the OOTP 10 parks.dat file and
start modifying it from scratch. Sorry "

So this mod is on indefinite hold until someone takes the time to recreate it for OOTP10. Sorry.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #30
philsgm7790
Minors (Single A)

So just wondering... if I install the all-in-one 2009 mod, what exactly are the "issues" with it right now? Is it a sufficient mod or are there problems with it?
philsgm7790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #31
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsgm7790 View Post
So just wondering... if I install the all-in-one 2009 mod, what exactly are the "issues" with it right now? Is it a sufficient mod or are there problems with it?
- Some logos will need to be renamed (Mets, Yankees, Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals) in order for them to be picked up by the game. This will be addressed in a future update.

- The photo pack currently included in the set is from 2008. 2009 photos will be added in a future update.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #32
Andy
Hall Of Famer

I'm probably missing something, but I'm not sure I understand the problem. I downloaded the 2009 ballpark photo set with the park.dat before you took it down. I'm at work now, but does the game have all of the real ballpark names right off the bat, without any editing? I didn't check; I decided to go ahead and try the downloaded park.dat first.

After copying the file, I opened my league up and it had all real ballpark names for the majors. The only thing I had to do was put the ballparks with the right teams. The 5 or 6 teams I checked all had the right picture and coordinates after simply changing the home ballpark. The only thing I did not check was the ball flight.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #33
philsgm7790
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
- Some logos will need to be renamed (Mets, Yankees, Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals) in order for them to be picked up by the game. This will be addressed in a future update.

- The photo pack currently included in the set is from 2008. 2009 photos will be added in a future update.
OK thanks, not sure I was gonna get such a quick response from a Padres fan after what the Phils did to you guys this week. Thanks though.
philsgm7790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #34
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm probably missing something, but I'm not sure I understand the problem. I downloaded the 2009 ballpark photo set with the park.dat before you took it down. I'm at work now, but does the game have all of the real ballpark names right off the bat, without any editing? I didn't check; I decided to go ahead and try the downloaded park.dat first.

After copying the file, I opened my league up and it had all real ballpark names for the majors. The only thing I had to do was put the ballparks with the right teams. The 5 or 6 teams I checked all had the right picture and coordinates after simply changing the home ballpark. The only thing I did not check was the ball flight.
Yes, the game already has the right names without this mod. That's not the issue. The issue is using this mod with the 2009 MLB Setup that comes with the game.

The first problem is that you shouldn't have to assign the ballparks with the right teams. The parks.dat provided in the mod should take care of that. However, it would be easy to update the mod if that was the only issue.

The second problem is that even if you change the home ballpark for the teams, the changes don't "stick" for the reason stated above in the reply from Markus.

Hey, if someone can get it to work, that would be awesome, so I encourage folks to keep trying. Just remember that the trick is that this needs to work with the MLB 2009 option for it to be really useful.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #35
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsgm7790 View Post
OK thanks, not sure I was gonna get such a quick response from a Padres fan after what the Phils did to you guys this week. Thanks though.
I'll pretend I didn't hear that.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #36
battists
Hall Of Famer

Hi folks,

I am going to work with Padres Fan on getting his all-in-one mods updated to address the changes in logos, etc.

Unfortunately, as you can imagine, I'm a little short on bandwidth right now.

If anyone wants to offer their time, and is capable of creating a tar.gz file, there's nothing fancy involved. It's just a matter of:

- making the name changes for logos that people are mentioning in this thread
- adding more photos, which people like udbacker can provide
- getting it all zipped back up again in tar.gz format

My apologies to PadresFan - I did think that the 2009 set would work seamlessly, and I was mistaken. So, that was not PadresFan's fault at all!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #37
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post

My apologies to PadresFan - I did think that the 2009 set would work seamlessly, and I was mistaken. So, that was not PadresFan's fault at all!

Steve
No worries!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #38
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Folks - I'm still waiting for Markus to release a patch that will allow me to import my OOTP9 ballparks so that I can produce the OOTP10 Mod. In the meantime, I have posted the images that I will be including in this ballpark mod for those that want to do the work themselves.... It's at the top of my Ballparks page.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #39
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

Will the 3-D ballpark mods that justafan made work when the patch comes out?
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #40
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
Will the 3-D ballpark mods that justafan made work when the patch comes out?
Assuming that justafan does the conversion, then yes. The patch won't make these files work as they are, someone still needs to perform the import into an OOTP10 league, then post the 'parks.dat' file for others to share...