Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-19-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

World of Baseball 2009 V1.0

Hello dear friends,

Wanted to announce a project I have been working on since the release of OOTP 9, which is World of Baseball 2009. This project is very similar in vein to Matter 2003's exemplary effort from last year, but mine comes with some very distinct differences. First, the most important thing is that this is a completely built from scratch universe, which always decreases the chances for annoying crashes significantly. Here we go:

SUMMARY:

I created this universe with modern baseball in mind, obviously. This quickstart includes all of the major professional baseball leagues from around the globe. I used most of the games default settings (such as PCM's, aging, etc) and focused more on the gameplay and league settings. I have never been too disappointed with the games default settings, but I'm sure others will disagree. Please, feel free to tinker away. Anyway, this game is supposed to model modern professional baseball at it's present state in 2008. Here's a list of leagues: (please note: I didn't include very weak lower end leagues, as not to boggle the universe down)

1.) Major League Baseball and ALL of the affiliates (except for the DSL and VSL)
2.) All North American independent baseball leagues
3.) Nippon and Ni-Gun
4.) KBO
5.) Chinese Professional Baseball League
6.) China Baseball League
7.) A Confederation of European baseball leagues: I've included 14 real European baseball leagues and put them into ONE league, that competes annually for the European Cup!
8.) I've also created a Confederation of Latin American Winter Leagues: this is yet another league put together that includes the DR, PR, Venezualan, Mexican Pacific, Colombian, and Nicaraguan winter leagues, so the winner wins the Caribbean Series!
9.) Serie Nacional from Cuba
10.) A very condensed version of the NCAA (with two leagues/ Division I and II) and a very small fraction of the NAIA as feeder leagues for the MLB
11.) I've also included the National Alliance of Summer Collegiate Baseball (Cape Cod & Great Lakes Summer League) as a college feeder for the MLB as well
12.) Mexican League
13.) Lastly, I created a part real/part-fictional high school feeder league, the MLB European Academy, which is modelled after the 12 countries that participate in it.

MORE NOTES:
This will come with logos for every single team, all in circular format. The only two leagues that will come with uniforms are the MLB and Nippon, or major leagues only. I also set every leagues stats detail to low, and did not save any box scores, logs, or replays. I basically cut everything extra out, so the game would run smoothly in such a large universe. I have a pretty old school (compared to today's standards) desktop, and it typically takes about 10 seconds to sim one day, close to an hour and a half for a year, this will vary depending on your system. Also, whenever I release, about 90% of the leagues will have complete stadium info. It's just too hard to find information on the European leagues and China Baseball League stadiums, as I don't speak any of those languages, so I'll leave those two up to you to mess with if you like.

FINAL NOTES:
I'll release this most likely Sunday, early morning, and send to PadresFan at that time as well. I'm still simming some history, so the quickstart will come with 10 years, and pick up on the year 2000. Lastly, quick disclaimer on the MLB European Academy high school feeder league: since it feeds the MLB, it obeys the MLB's foreign player limits, which there are none. This means that all of the teams, despite being 12 different countries, have a random number players from a 12 countries on each team. For example, Team Denmark was originally was supposed to be only Danish folks, but since it's feeding the MLB, it has players from Denmark, Ukraine, and the remaining participating countries within the league. This sucks, and as far as I know, there is no way around it. If you know, please post.

CREDITS:

Most of the graphical work on this project goes to the credit of these awesome people:

Charlie Hough
No Pepper
TruthSerum
Rocknfire7
t_wil1
Matter2003

And whatever they did not do, I did, so if anyone has any questions, complaints, problems, please post them here or PM me. Thanks.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 07-20-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Wow, sounds very interesting. Something I may get into.

dcc
Old 07-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
toadfreak7
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you thank you for the brilliant idea of including 10 years of history. Feel free to sim up to 2008 and release one from that point too. The more history, the more interesting and accurate the game can be.
toadfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I would sim up to 2008, however with an universe this big and that much history, it's likely to just boggle down and take forever to get started. I'll let you do whatever you like with it.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #5
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The quickstart is up. I'll also send it to PadresFan sometime tomorrow. Please post all comments, bugs, suggestions in this thread. If I get enough suggestions, I'll work on a Version 2!

World of Baseball 2009

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 07-20-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Posted!
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #7
alslammerz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is what I was trying to do, except mine was being problematic. This saves me a lot of work, thanks.
alslammerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #8
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Thanks PadresFan!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:38 AM   #9
cameron
Minors (Double A)

Thanks

Thanks Dr. P.R. Park III, just what I was looking for, not to mention the time saved!! Can't wait to try this. Downloading now.
cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
Jamoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Downloaded, but no luck installing. Getting this error message x2:

DATABASE::load_database - could not load world file

Using an Intel Macbook.

Quickstart sounds great though.
Jamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #11
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Hmmm....never tested this on a MAC, but should work. Did you put it in the quickstarts folder in your OOTP 9 game folder, and then load it in-game from "Start Quickstart," or something like that?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #12
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I got the error to on a pc. I put it in the quickstart folder then ran quickstart in OOTP.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #13
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Hmmm...don't know exactly what to tell you guys....has anybody gotten this to work on their system?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #14
William Satterwhite
Minors (Double A)

It loaded up fine for me, took a while but I'm guessing that is just how quickstarts work. I haven't had much time to play it yet but just from the quick look I took, it looks like you did a great job.
William Satterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #15
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoo View Post
Downloaded, but no luck installing. Getting this error message x2:

DATABASE::load_database - could not load world file

Using an Intel Macbook.

Quickstart sounds great though.

Please check that you have the latest version of the game.
This error sounds like you have an older version.
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
Sounds fantastic. So all I have to do is unzip the whole thing into the quickstart folder and open in the game, correct?
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #17
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Yeah, just put the .quick folder into your OOTP 9's Quickstart folder, then load the game, and select "Start Quickstart Game" and select it from the menu.

Also, definitely expect the game to be slow or slower then usual because of it's size...also, just wait for it to load, don't click out of it or click on anything, because otherwise the game will freeze and crash. Just heed these words, leave it alone and let it load, it will eventually do its thing.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #18
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

I have found 1 issue.
I have just started using your quickstart (excellent work by the way )
But when I go to sim (using the little ball type button at the top section) I am in 2000 season but the titles show year 1999.

How did you create your quickstart?
Did you start it in 2007/8 and then convert?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #19
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The quickstart was created from OOTP 9, and I really don't understand what you mean by the titles.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 07-24-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #20
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Please see attached screenshot.
2000 season.
But titles are 1999 All-Star, 1999 PLAYOFFS BEGIN etc.
Attached Images