Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Sdpm100
Hall Of Famer

12 team single league, 154 game schedule

Hi, I don't know if this will be interesting to anyone, but as I couldn't find one anywhere, I'd like a 154 game, 12 team balanced schedule for a single league.
So that would be 14 games per opponent in League 1.
I'd like this to be merged with a 162 game, 10 team balanced schedule for League 2. I'm planning to use it in 1962, where it looks like the schedule was over 25 weeks if I'm reading it right, but I was thinking that all series being three or four games long (with Sunday double-headers where necessary) might be easier if it can't be stretched.

Thanks in advance if anyone is interested.
Sdpm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

If I understand correctly you want a set up with say the "AL" having 12 teams playing a balanced 154-game schedule with no interleague and the "NL" having a 10 teams playing a balanced 162-game schedule with no interleague.

At minimum there is the problem of having to specify in the league setup the number of games per team. It is used for at least magic number calculations in the standings and I think stats projections. That is league-wide and not by sub-league, though it at least has been possible at one point to load separate schedule files for separate subleagues.

These are reasonable schedules to have out there, I am just warning that if you have not already checked it some testing is recommended to see how this would work in practice.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Sdpm100
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
If I understand correctly you want a set up with say the "AL" having 12 teams playing a balanced 154-game schedule with no interleague and the "NL" having a 10 teams playing a balanced 162-game schedule with no interleague.

At minimum there is the problem of having to specify in the league setup the number of games per team. It is used for at least magic number calculations in the standings and I think stats projections. That is league-wide and not by sub-league, though it at least has been possible at one point to load separate schedule files for separate subleagues.

These are reasonable schedules to have out there, I am just warning that if you have not already checked it some testing is recommended to see how this would work in practice.
Oh I see. I just thought that it would be okay with the 10/8 split in 1961, but obviously not. I did see those issues with projections and magic numbers though so I should have realised I guess. Thank you for your help anyway.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if you can thus get the use you want out of these, but I will post the below schedules just to get them out there.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 12 team schedule, 154 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 1 division with 12 teams
#
#
# 14 games against 11 other teams in division (7H/7A)
#
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 14 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Friday after first Monday after April 1st
# Season thus ends late September
#
# All-Star Break set for early/mid-July
# No All-Star Game set though considering the 1 division setup
# Would fit at day number 100 if used
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILN_BGY_G154_T12_C_a1_gmo.zip (3.7 KB, 291 views)
Old 06-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 10 team schedule, 162 games
# 1 subleague with 1 division with 10 teams
#
#
# 18 games against 9 other teams in division (9H/9A)
#
#
# Schedule is one week shorter than typical for 162 games
# Thus includes 5 doubleheaders per team and fewer offdays
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 15 games
#
#
# Season begins first Friday after first Monday after April 1st
# Season thus ends late September
#
# All-Star Break set for early/mid-July
# No All-Star Game set though considering the 1 division setup
# Would fit at day number 100 if used
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILN_BGY_G162_T10_C_a1_gmo.zip (3.3 KB, 229 views)
Old 06-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Sdpm100
Hall Of Famer

Thanks gmo for taking the time to create them anyway. For myself, I got them to import okay together although I had to import the 154 game one second, as when I imported it into the game first for some reason it shifted the three games from after the All-Star Game to Monday-Wednesday.
I'll see how it works out.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdpm100 View Post
...for some reason it shifted the three games from after the All-Star Game to Monday-Wednesday.
Just a reminder, but make sure when you're about to import a schedule file which has an All-Star Game date specified in it that the "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" option is UNchecked in the schedule options section of the Options tab.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Sdpm100
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Just a reminder, but make sure when you're about to import a schedule file which has an All-Star Game date specified in it that the "Automatically schedule All-Star Game" option is UNchecked in the schedule options section of the Options tab.
I didn't even know. So that's the reason it did it. It's odd that it worked itself out when I inputted them the other way around though. Could just be a coincidence I guess. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

The "Automatically Schedule All-Star Game" option is intended for schedules without an All-Star Game or break. The option when enabled will make OOTP select the approximate mid-point of the schedule and insert a three-day break and schedule an All-Star Game for the middle day of the break.

If a schedule file already has an All-Star Game and break in it, then when the option is enabled OOTP gets mixed up over what exactly to do.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #11
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

18 team single league 132 games schedule

Hi GMO,

Could you possibly create a schedule for my fictional league? I can't figure out how you are able to create these so easily. Although, it's probably not easy, it just seems like it.

I'm not sure where to look, but would this type of schedule be in your archives somewhere for 6.5?

I have three divisions of 6 teams. I'd like each team to play the teams in it's own division 12 times (12*5 = 60) and the rest of the teams in the league 6. (12*6 = 72) for 132 games total.

I've got the schedule to start on the first Friday in April, all I really want is staggered off days (Mon and Thurs) so that every team does not have the same day off. I'd also like to have the All-Star game scheduled later in the year, about the 3/4 mark (say around the 100th game)

Thank you very much, if you can help me!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #12
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes
have three divisions of 6 teams. I'd like each team to play the teams in it's own division 12 times (12*5 = 60) and the rest of the teams in the league 6. (12*6 = 72) for 132 games total.
You happen to be posting in a thread of schedules with an offday for each team every week. Do you specifically want that for your request?

That would make it much simpler with all 3-game series, two per team per week, running from start of April to early Semptember. However, it makes it less MLB-like. MLB averages about 2 offdays per 3 weeks, and this would make it 3 offdays per 3 weeks. It also would mean 1/2-game back in the standings less often since except for the difference between the offday of the week for a team being either Mon or Thu, everybody is playing games at the same rate. Basically it is very nice mathematically but not as nice artistically.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #13
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Umm, I think having an off day each week would fine. I'm playing a four man rotation, and just from a fatigue point of view, I think it would be better to have a day off on Monday, then maybe play 10 days and have a day off the following Thursday.

I think that's what you mean and that would be great. Plus, from what I understand, it would be easier for you and that's a bonus. Like I said before, I just want to NOT have every team have the same day off each week. That's certainly un-baseball like.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:21 PM   #14
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Well, I am not sure if the following that I was able to adapt from something already made is exactly what you want. But it does avoid everyone being off on exactly all the same days.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #15
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 18 team schedule, 132 games
# 1 subleague, with 3 divisions, each with 6 teams
#
#
# 12 games against 5 other teams in division (6H/6A)
# 6 games against 12 other teams in league (3H/3A)
#
#
# Series are all 3-game, two per week
# Every team is off for one day each week (either Mon or Thu)
# No cases of more than 9 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 12 games
#
#
# Season begins first Friday on or after April 1
# Season thus ends early of September
#
# No All-Star Game set because of 1-subleague, odd number of divisions
# There is though a 4-day break in late July (day numbers 109-112)
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILN_BGN_G132_SL1_D1_T6_D2_T6_D3_T6_C_a1_gmo.zip (4.7 KB, 211 views)
Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #16
CalvinHobbes
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
Well, I am not sure if the following that I was able to adapt from something already made is exactly what you want. But it does avoid everyone being off on exactly all the same days.
I'll give it a try. Thank you very much!!