Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Would there be an interest..???

I have converted about 140 of the OOTP6.5 fictional schedules over to the new format. I am planning on doing the rest of the files but was wondering if this is something anyone would be interested in and if it would be something that could be uploaded to PadresFan's site?

The schedules could be used for any league/year and I will include the readme to explain how to use the schedules for your leagues. Not many of these schedules are my creation but simply converting the files from the OOTP 6.5 mods - fictional schedules. If any of the schedule makers of these schedules request that I do not convert their work I will honor the request.

Regards,

Steve
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

I guess not....

well I'll scrap this project for now. It was time consuming doing the conversion and with everyone satisfied with the game created schedules this would not be needed. I just thought that maybe some of the gamers here would like to have more control over their schedules and with the over 300 created with the 6.5 game format this would be a nice addition having the files converted for use in 2007.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
btheflash
Minors (Single A)

I would be interested in this. The game generated schedules aren't that great. I cant seem to get the 2006 schedule converter to work. There's not much going on here in the schedule forum, so not many people probably check this forum too often.

I imagine the MAC people would appreciate it also, since they can't use the 2006 sked converter.
btheflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Please release what you've done already, even if you decided not to finish.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I will create this and then post on the main board when completed. I started this project only because I needed 5 schedules and found them on the 6.5 board. So I converted them and the schedules worked to my satisfaction. I will also provide a readme on how to use these files.....

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #6
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
I guess not....

well I'll scrap this project for now. It was time consuming doing the conversion and with everyone satisfied with the game created schedules this would not be needed. I just thought that maybe some of the gamers here would like to have more control over their schedules and with the over 300 created with the 6.5 game format this would be a nice addition having the files converted for use in 2007.
Dude, you gave people like five hours...
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vibert View Post
Please release what you've done already, even if you decided not to finish.
Okay, I will release them in sets just give me a day to organize what I have so I don't duplicate work and to create the instructions on the schedules... bad thing about the new format is that you can't put instructions or text in the xml file other than what the xml translator is looking for....
Old 04-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos View Post
Dude, you gave people like five hours...
I went by total view in the five hours and saw that it was low traffic, hence no interest, especially when compared to the traffic and views on the other areas in this section (mods)...... just wanted to get a preliminary scope of interest in this - that is all..... even if the message would have been negative it is better than nothing......
Old 04-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #9
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
But if you notice, the schedules section doesn't get a lot of "interest" in general since it's not all that active.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
btheflash
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
Okay, I will create this and then post on the main board when completed. Steve
Yeah, if you want a response you should post in the 2007 general discussion forum. The mods fora has a lot of traffic, but everybody is looking for logos or rosters.

Thanks for doing this, I appreciate it.
btheflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #11
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the hard work, as always, SandMan. Always appreciate the fact that you handle everything with a meticulous eye. I'm sure these will do the trick for many.

On the related note, the schedule section isn't viewed that often as I don't think many people have been very optimistic about big changes there. God willing, a StickWare for v2007 will eventually be developed.

Besides that, it could be I'm just an idiot, but information in the Mods section right now is scattered all over and even utilizing the search function many of the specifics are difficult to track down and often duplicated in other forum sections. Know the moderators have a ton to do, but IMHO this could use reworking. Schedules, at least, are clearly marked. Sorry to hijack a bit there. Keep up the good work, Steve!
Old 04-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #12
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

Please please please PLEASE continue this project, SandMan. I was just thinking the other day how it was a tragedy all those terrific fictional schedules GMO made weren't going to get ported over. I use them pretty extensively, so it'd be terrific to have them for 2007.

And I'll echo what endgame says... it's hard to even browse the mods forum. It's a lot of clicking to see what's going on across all the subfora, unless there's an easy way I'm just not aware of (which is very likely!).
Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #13
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds View Post
Please please please PLEASE continue this project, SandMan. I was just thinking the other day how it was a tragedy all those terrific fictional schedules GMO made weren't going to get ported over. I use them pretty extensively, so it'd be terrific to have them for 2007.

And I'll echo what endgame says... it's hard to even browse the mods forum. It's a lot of clicking to see what's going on across all the subfora, unless there's an easy way I'm just not aware of (which is very likely!).

I will be busy until Thursday, but I will work on the schedules this weekend and hopefully have something ready by the beginning of next week. I have tested 20 schedules and they all are working beautifully and as expected in accordance to the instructions in the manual. I will provide instructions and a FAQ on this project also.

Until this weekend,

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I was going to convert over some OOTP6.5 schedules, but if SandMan is going to do tackle that task, that'll leave me more time to put together a nice sampling of real-world minor league schedule files for download.

SandMan, PM me when you get the chance please.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #15
Vris
Hall Of Famer

Yes, please do. Those schedules are a godsend. Having them in 06/07 format would be amazing.

Blog it.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #16
koohead
Hall Of Famer

^^
Old 04-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Hell yes there would be an interest. All the game generated schedules have the same off day for all the teams, hence assuring #1 starters always match up against other #1's.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #18
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Update..

There is a plan to put these out as I complete them with instructions. I have been extremely busy with real life business and have not been able to work on these in a few days but I am working on them now. Currently I am about half way done with the set I want to put out. Be patient and I will have the schedules done by the 13th at the latest. Thanks for the support.

I was hoping to get these out by the first patch but it appears it will be a bit later.

Regards
Old 04-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #19
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

Hey Sandman, could you let me know if you have this schedule converted? I'm hoping to convert my Outpost League dynasty over to 2007 in the next few days, and that's the custom schedule gmo created for me (which I would like to keep using for a few seasons). Thanks for all your work on this. Much appreciated!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #20
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Here it is.

Two formats, same schedule, one is for 1 division the second for 2 divisions.

BTW, I will have the schedules done some time this week.

Regards

Last edited by SandMan; 05-05-2007 at 06:47 PM.