Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Why was Malleus's thread closed???

The fact that true historical gameplay has been left out is a total joke! Also not letting people discuss the issue is insane. I think OOTP needs to remember who pays the bills and just because they make something with OOTP written on it doesn't mean that we will all buy it.

If true historical gaming is not part of the package then they will be surprised how many people will just save their money and keep playing the older versions or find a new company that makes a product they want.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
Erik W.
Global Moderator

It was closed because the issue has been addressed, and those ratings are no longer hidden. Try your best to keep up.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
PerfectMisnomer
All Star Starter

I clicked this thread hoping there would be a mod that allowed me to install a news ticker about MD happenings

PCBL -- Commissioner, Troy Heroes GM

Current Avatar: SP Keith Ellison
20-8, 2.59 ERA and CL All-Star Game Starter
Old 05-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356

If true historical gaming is not part of the package then they will be surprised how many people will just save their money and keep playing the older versions or find a new company that makes a product they want.
Well, I won't be one of them
Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
sovereignstar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The fact that true historical gameplay has been left out is a total joke! Also not letting people discuss the issue is insane. I think OOTP needs to remember who pays the bills and just because they make something with OOTP written on it doesn't mean that we will all buy it.

Here here! Wait.. no
Old 05-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
It was closed because the issue has been addressed, and those ratings are no longer hidden. Try your best to keep up.
It has not been addressed. There is NO good reason that ratings should be hidden. Why not allow people to access all the ratings if they want to? Most of us (except you) don't need to be told what to do and can make decisions for ourselves. If I want to access all of the ratings then I should be allowed to do so and since you have created ZERO mods I would suggest leaving this topic to people that understand the issue.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The fact that true historical gameplay has been left out is a total joke! etc.
I suggest you consider the fact that MD leaped to a conclusion about the effects of certain game items while having absolutely NO firsthand knowledge of the game. I suggest you trust the opinion of historical gamers such as Tiger Fan who DO have firsthand experience with the game.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 05-25-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #8
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

You kind of had me on your side cowboys until you said "and since you have created ZERO mods I would suggest leaving this topic to people that understand the issue" people should have their say no matter if they have created mods or not.

Last edited by ukhotstove; 05-25-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #9
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove
You kind of had me on your side cowboys until you said "and since you have created ZERO mods I would suggest leaving this topic to people that understand the issue" people should have their say no matter if they have created mods or not.
indeed. Last I checked this was a public game, not jsut for modders only. People can understand a situation even if they have never done a mod or created logos or anythign else for the game itself. Making something for the game does not make you in any way superior to another customer.

PT22

Old 05-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #10
jf7623
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Gotta love fights over ratings in the game. Bottom line is you people will spend the money for it and just deal with the product you have. SO this issue is now closed, thanks for playing. See you on 31 May
Old 05-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The fact that true historical gameplay has been left out is a total joke!
You, just like MD, could not be further from the truth. There are some very nice enhancements for historical players. In fact, I expect a new TRTR may cover some of them in the near future

As for enhancements that historical players have already been told about. Here are 2 right off the top of my head.

Let's start with the new League history: a complete game history like Baseball Reference included with no hoops for the user to jump through.

Or maybe the ability to modify your financials (both the amount of dollars in salary and the league financial rules) to fit your universe.

It might be better for future posts that you actually read a little of the happenings on this board before regurgitating inaccurate statements made by MD.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 05-25-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:37 PM   #12
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan
You, just like MD, could not be further from the truth. There are some very nice enhancements for historical players. In fact, I expect a new TRTR may cover some of them in the near future

As for enhancements that historical players have already been told about. Here are 2 right off the top of my head.

Let's start with the new League history: a complete game history like Baseball Reference included with no hoops for the user to jump through.

Or maybe the ability to modify your financials (both the amount of dollars in salary and the league financial rules) to fit your universe.

It might be better for future posts that actually read a little of the happenings on this board before regurgitating inaccurate statements made by MD.
^^^^

now THIS guy, I'll take his word on (becuse you knwo...the whole beta testing thing....and actually SEEING the product angle.....that usually helps)

PT22

Old 05-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #13
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
indeed. Last I checked this was a public game, not jsut for modders only. People can understand a situation even if they have never done a mod or created logos or anythign else for the game itself. Making something for the game does not make you in any way superior to another customer.
Totally agree CC, end of the day the modders and in my case the logo guys make the game more enjoyable, but without the normal Joe who just plays the game and as no mod skills or logo skills there wouldn't even be a game as about 99% of the people who buy the game fall into that catagory.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:51 PM   #14
marc
Hall Of Famer

In before the lock.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #15
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Yep, it certainly appears that way.

Plus Juan

Old 05-25-2006, 07:56 PM   #16
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime
Yep, it certainly appears that way.

Plus Juan

umm.....I dont' get it.

and I lost my quote spot. Damn

PT22

Old 05-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #17
jf7623
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
easy +1
Old 05-25-2006, 08:06 PM   #18
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
umm.....I dont' get it.

and I lost my quote spot. Damn
Really?

+ Obi Wan

Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #19
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
I would suggest leaving this topic to people that understand the issue.
And that would be you? It continually amazes me how people that have no first hand knowledge jump to conclusions about how the game works or doesn't work.

Oh, wait a minute MD said it so it must be true, give me a break.

Do feel free to come back though when you understand the issues.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #20
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This all started with Nutlaw posting:

"So in looking through screenshots and league reports, I don't see anything along the lines of team loyalty, desire for winning team, consistency, popularity, injury rating, and the like.

I can certainly understand leaving out clutch performance and team leadership skills, but data regarding who a player prefers to sign with, how likely they are to be injured, and how much a team's popularity would suffer for trading away all of their popular players was pretty important stuff that added quite a bit of depth to the game beyond whether player X's contact rating was higher than player Y.

Do these ratings still exist, possibly as hidden values that can be referenced in various game interactions? If not, then I do not understand why they were taken out."

And the reply from Markus Heinsohn:

"They are there, just hidden... you should get a sense for the ratings through the news/messages on the players."

Let's see, the hidden variables were, as of last night, according to Markus's reply to Nutlaw, "team loyalty, desire for winning team, consistency, popularity, injury rating, and the like."

Some of these items significantly affect historical simming.

I posted the alarm last night. The problem was fixed by this morning - but, according to the official story (1) there never was a problem, (2) if there was a problem Markus already knew about it, and (3) Markus already knew about it because someone else (unnamed) was the person who pointed this all out to him.

All of which, of course, is completely incompatible with what Markus actually posted last night.

Unlike a whole lot of people, I'm not saying anything bad about anyone. But those are the facts as I know them.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Closed Thread