Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

How big a leap is Diamond League?

My Barnstormers went from Silver League Champions and Gold League Game 7 finals to doormat after being promoted to Diamond this season.

My Thieves are going to be promoted next season after just qualifying for semis.

My Bees will likely be promoted over the next few seasons.

So how hard is Diamond?
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
My Barnstormers went from Silver League Champions and Gold League Game 7 finals to doormat after being promoted to Diamond this season.

My Thieves are going to be promoted next season after just qualifying for semis.

My Bees will likely be promoted over the next few seasons.

So how hard is Diamond?

Diamond is a huge leap. I run f2p teams and two of them made it to Diamond only to get booted out in short order. You'll find at Diamond that the hitters who had been producing for you are no longer good enough. Also, many of the teams are loaded with expensive Diamond level starting pitchers.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My first team made the leap from bronze to silver to gold to diamond in four weeks when the promotions were 12 or 16 teams at a time. They did great in bronze, finished above 500 in silver, finished below 500 in gold and the first couple of years in diamond they won around 70 to 75 games.

Three or four years later they have just won their division and are playing .600 ball. While I agree it’s quite a jump, it’s possible to do well with patience and good team building.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
StatMan22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
My first team made the leap from bronze to silver to gold to diamond in four weeks when the promotions were 12 or 16 teams at a time. They did great in bronze, finished above 500 in silver, finished below 500 in gold and the first couple of years in diamond they won around 70 to 75 games.

Three or four years later they have just won their division and are playing .600 ball. While I agree it’s quite a jump, it’s possible to do well with patience and good team building.
This was my experience as well. I went straight from Bronze to Diamond as an F2P player. First year in Diamond was a bit sketchy but I'm a pretty stable .500 team at this point-though I probably won't be threatening the playoffs for a few years. A little bit of research goes a long way when team-building.

StatMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #5
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Is it fair to say that this year’s Diamond is effectively a level higher than last year’s, with the addition of an extra level?
Old 05-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

Diamond is a slight leap from Gold since the promotion # is low. But there are some average teams stuck in Diamond when there were large promotions. The biggest leap however is Diamond to Perfect. Perfect has quite a few teams that has spent over $1,000 in points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote