Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #361
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Well, in the first season, we won 100 games and lost to the second wild card team in the first round.

This season we squeezed in as the second wild card, beat the 100-game winner (who I think was the second wild card last year, but I can't check) in the first round, and now we are in the Sigma Chi Class A Finals. So, all-in-all, much like flipping baseball cards when I was 9-years old.

And who named all the leagues after sororities? Enquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by Leo_The_Lip; 11-18-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Leo_The_Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #362
Kushiel
All Star Starter

We swept the WS for our 2nd title. Babe Ruth was series MVP with 5 HR. On to AA tomorrow to try our luck again.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 PM   #363
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Investing in the best starting rotation I could afford paid off with a hard-fought WS win. On to AA. Going to roll out a lineup with 7 switch hitters, and platoon at 1B and DH. Hopefully the Carnivores will remain at least somewhat competitive at the next level... I've grown attached to them already!
Attached Images

Last edited by Josquin; 11-19-2018 at 12:14 AM.
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:39 PM   #364
StatMan22
Minors (Single A)

Made it to the World Series, heavy underdogs up against the star-studded Columbus Comets, a roster full of all diamonds and perfects who went 122-40 in the regular season. Won the first three games, great start!!

Game 4: My star closer Chad Green gives up 3 in the top of the 9th and we go on to lose 6-3.
Game 5: Bullpen gives up 2 runs in the top of the 8th, lose 7-6.
Game 6: Bullpen gives up 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th, lose 5-4
Game 7: 3-2 lead going into the bottom of the 9th. Once again hand it off to my star closer Chad Green... who gives up a game tying single followed by a World Series winning walk-off Grand Slam. 7-3 loss.

Gut-wrenching.
StatMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:02 AM   #365
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Ready to move on to the next season with, hopefully more reasonable A league teams

The whale team in my league (maybe the biggest whale team in PT so far) went 130-32 and won the final series in 4 straight games.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #366
makinitmine
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I was in a league with 2 teams that won over 117 games and I myself won 109, this was in an A league. I won in round 1 of the playoffs, then beat one of the 117+ win teams in the LCS. In the world series it went all the way to game 7, but since it won't let me download the league file no idea who actually won it.
makinitmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #367
AutoVotto
Bat Boy

Won 102 games in A ball and promptly got swept in the first round of the playoffs by the wildcard team.

My man Mark here though won the Cy Young AND MVP though and I used the earnings to promptly buy a gold starting pitcher that has pushed Mark down to the 4th and final spot in my rotation.
Attached Images
AutoVotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #368
Crash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

congrats to the Ghosts for winning the Series title! Hadn't been on in a few days and didn't know I had made the playoffs, let alone took the WS to the 7th game. Nice jump in Points. Might as well spend these 7k points since it's all getting reset soon. It was fun to look back at the box scores.

Name:  Screenshot_33.png
Views: 209
Size:  76.5 KB

Last edited by Crash; 11-19-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:28 AM   #369
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Iota Kappa (Class A) had quite a lot of drama - so much so that the month of October wasn't enough to contain it all. After going down 3-0 to the Milan (Italy) Vipers, the Midwestern State Mustangs reeled off four consecutive victories to win the championship on 1 November.

I built this team mostly by slow-playing the AH, spurning packs to focus instead on talented players at discount prices. This meant that upon entering the playoffs, this team was composed of 1 Diamond, 3 Gold, 4 Bronze, and the rest silver.

This team only won 89 games in the regular season, which was good enough to secure the top WC spot, but we were probably the underdogs in every series. Additionally, every series went down to the final possible game, yet MSU somehow always emerged victorious.

In the end, our final "score" was only 681, but we won when it counted most.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:47 AM   #370
vyshka
Major Leagues

After playing .500 ball in April - June, we closed out the season with a 95-67 record and secured a wild card. With the playoff pp we bought a pack and got a diamond Piazza, while during the season the best we pulled was a silver. We won the wildcard game, and then defeated our division winner in a intense Division Series, 3-2.

Next up was the other 100+ win team in our conference and we managed to win the series 4-2. Finally we faced off against the Hong Kong Dongs in the World Series. We quickly went up 2-0, and then dropped 2 games on the road before winning game 5, which included a bench clearing brawl. In the top of the 5th, my RF hit a solo home run. The next batter was hit by a pitch, resulting in the brawl which led to the batter and the starting pitcher being ejected. The next game was back home. Our ace, who ended up with the season MVP and Cy Young award pitched one more solid game to get us across the finish line. New team member, and series MVP Piazza was happy for the city. Crazy year for Texarkana.

League standings:

Playoffs:

Team stats:

Christy Mathewson was the star of the team, having a phenomal year on
the mound.

Last edited by vyshka; 11-19-2018 at 03:55 AM.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #371
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Well, I guess I made it to the shark pool

Started 1-3 and I have a lot of powerhouses in the league ... after two successful seasons I guess I'll have to get used to playing .500 or below
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #372
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Well, I guess I made it to the shark pool

Started 1-3 and I have a lot of powerhouses in the league ... after two successful seasons I guess I'll have to get used to playing .500 or below
Hang in there!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #373
Victor
Minors (Single A)

Off to a 4-4 start this season in AA Delta Eta. Highlight of the year so far was Dan Petry's one hitter, with the only hit being a solo homer.
Attached Images
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #374
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

I have started out 3-6, power ranking 21. My past two seasons my power ranking never went below 5. Welcome too AA. I just faced a team with five diamond starters.
dodger300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #375
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
After playing .500 ball in April - June, we closed out the season with a 95-67 record and secured a wild card. With the playoff pp we bought a pack and got a diamond Piazza, while during the season the best we pulled was a silver. We won the wildcard game, and then defeated our division winner in a intense Division Series, 3-2.

Next up was the other 100+ win team in our conference and we managed to win the series 4-2. Finally we faced off against the Hong Kong Dongs in the World Series. We quickly went up 2-0, and then dropped 2 games on the road before winning game 5, which included a bench clearing brawl. In the top of the 5th, my RF hit a solo home run. The next batter was hit by a pitch, resulting in the brawl which led to the batter and the starting pitcher being ejected. The next game was back home. Our ace, who ended up with the season MVP and Cy Young award pitched one more solid game to get us across the finish line. New team member, and series MVP Piazza was happy for the city. Crazy year for Texarkana.

League standings:

Playoffs:

Team stats:

Christy Mathewson was the star of the team, having a phenomal year on
the mound.

how did you get the leaderboard appearances screen
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #376
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Is there any way to learn the results of the Class A League Championship last night? I played in it, but everything was wiped this morning. It is as if my team began this season anew.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #377
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

after a 5-23 April start in season 2, I ended up a respectable 76-86 at season end

only added 1 player to my lineup from the auction house, and I think I swapped out one SP with one on my reserves, and swapped out a couple RPs

every pack I opened during the season was garbage except for one gold that I auctioned off, bought 2 packs with the proceeds, and got more garbage

this is why I never play the lottery

Last edited by Whoofe; 11-19-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:12 PM   #378
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Started out at 7-6 so far which has me in second place. At first glance teams seem more balanced this time. We have one obvious whale in our 'A' league. Luckily the team is in the other conference so I should not have to play them much if at all. I feel sorry for the other teams in that division though.

That team has four perfect cards in his starting lineup. The other positions are all diamonds. One perfect starting pitcher with his lowest starter being a 93. His relief pitchers are all diamonds.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:24 PM   #379
Galeg
Major Leagues

Well I didn't get relegated despite finishing like .370 so that's a disappointment for my experiments. I'm attempting to recreate the Tigers/Toledo Mudhens as much as I can, but am obviously stuck using a few major league quality DET players. Sitting 3-11 so far. Most of these players are god awful.

If anyone has any 2018 Live DET players, I'd appreciate if you could auction them. I don't know how many there are in total, but I'm definitely missing a couple.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #380
FoulBall01
Bat Boy

how do we see how we fared.. i survived 2 rounds of the playoffs and i wake up today and i don't know how i finished.. i got there by managing the 1000 perfect points packs so i want to see how far i can go for how many seasons without the gold packs.
FoulBall01 is offline   Reply With Quote