Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #21
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
That's a pretty nice initial haul
That lineup needs to score me some runs because my relief pitchers are where all my commons are. Luckily I have two pitchers with Stamina > 100 so maybe that can help avoid the bullpen.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #22
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Well, the starter packs are filled at the same basic rate for everyone. So everyone starts off more or less equal, but the variation comes within the specific value of each card type you get. You might get an 89 gold and someone else an 80 gold for example.
In my case the team is 82 Moises Alou surrounded by scrubs lol
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #23
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
In my case the team is 82 Moises Alou surrounded by scrubs lol
85 Corey Seager for me

My Relief core has 5 commons though
Old 11-02-2018, 09:33 PM   #24
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTwenty3 View Post
I had to make an account to just express my JOY/HORROR of pulling the Record Breaking 100 overall Babe Ruth.
After beta though, I'll probably open a million packs and never get again
Cool, can I see a pic? As someone who used to play the hell out of Diamond Dynasty on MLB The Show... but hated actually playing the games, this is right up my alley. I like that they have the pack odds. Something that rubed a lot of people the wrong way that they never posted them in Diamond Dynasty.
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #25
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

So far this is a really intriguing addition. I do kind of like that it runs on the server in the background and gives updates on the home screen. What would be great? A phone app where I can see what is happening.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #26
Galeg
Major Leagues

This actually turned out to be a better team than I was expecting. Bullpen is pretty garbage, but lineup should be solid. I admit I haven't been paying too much attention to the buildup of this game mode so I'm not sure how some things work, but I can see it being a nice little getaway from normal OOTP.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:38 PM   #27
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I had to make an account to just express my JOY/HORROR of pulling the Record Breaking 100 overall Babe Ruth.
After beta though, I'll probably open a million packs and never get again
He just hit 2 home runs in the first game, unless that was someone else with the same card as you haha.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #28
Sam_Da_Man777
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFan View Post
So far this is a really intriguing addition. I do kind of like that it runs on the server in the background and gives updates on the home screen. What would be great? A phone app where I can see what is happening.
An app would be awesome while at work lol
Sam_Da_Man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #29
ExTwenty3
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
He just hit 2 home runs in the first game, unless that was someone else with the same card as you haha.
Nope, that was me haha. Should be fun to watch even if it's just a 2 week fever dream!
ExTwenty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #30
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Nope, that was me haha. Should be fun to watch even if it's just a 2 week fever dream!
team name? youd think wed be in the same league.
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #31
ExTwenty3
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acclaim99 View Post
team name? youd think wed be in the same league.
Three Oaks P-Sharks. It begs the question I know it was mentioned at some point any thing you spend money on (even though the store doesn't seem to be working yet) you'd get the credit after the beta.Does this just mean you would get the packs again and have to re-open them, and your perfect points won't be transferred over?
Old 11-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Three Oaks P-Sharks. It begs the question I know it was mentioned at some point any thing you spend money on (even though the store doesn't seem to be working yet) you'd get the credit after the beta.Does this just mean you would get the packs again and have to re-open them, and your perfect points won't be transferred over?
You'll get the Perfect Points you buy back, and can choose to use those on new packs, auctions, whatever.

You won't get the specific cards or the specific mix of packs and auction cards you spend the points on now back though.

Hope that explanation is clear enough

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #33
ExTwenty3
Bat Boy

Quote:
You'll get the Perfect Points you buy back, and can choose to use those on new packs, auctions, whatever.

You won't get the specific cards or the specific mix of packs and auction cards you spend the points on now back though.

Hope that explanation is clear enough
So one last thought then It would only be the points you buy that you get back and not the points you get from selling cards? So I couldn't sell all of the good cards before beta and retain those points?
Old 11-02-2018, 09:54 PM   #34
StatMan22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I think I did alright with my pulls. I have Corey Seager and Cespedes in the middle of the lineup. Gary Carter behind the plate and German Marquez as my #1 starter.

As a Cardinal fan, I was happy to pick up two Cardinals, but really only happy with one of those. Paul Dejong and Brett Cecil
Looks like I'm playing you in a few minutes! My rotation is pretty brutal but if I can get the game to the back of my bullpen maybe I have a shot...
StatMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #35
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
So one last thought then It would only be the points you buy that you get back and not the points you get from selling cards? So I couldn't sell all of the good cards before beta and retain those points?
Yeah, exactly. You'll just get the point you pay real money for (if any) back. No other points, wherever they might come from.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #36
Sam_Da_Man777
Bat Boy

Yu Darvish (79), Rick Porcello (69), Jake Arrieta (63) as my top 3 starters could be a good rotation for me
Sam_Da_Man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:04 PM   #37
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan22 View Post
Looks like I'm playing you in a few minutes! My rotation is pretty brutal but if I can get the game to the back of my bullpen maybe I have a shot...
Looks like I won. Cespesdes hit two HR and drove in 5.

I have to figure out the best use for my points early on. Buy regular packs in hopes of upgrading multiple commons or look for bargain upgrades in the auctions

Last edited by Maddox; 11-02-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #38
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Looks like I won. Cespesdes hit two HR and drove in 5.

I have to figure out the best use for my points early on. Buy regular packs in hopes of upgrading multiple commons or look for bargain upgrades in the auctions
Honestly, depends on what you need and the prices in the auction and your luck in getting pulls from the packs. Best strategy is a combination of both. Auctions to fill needs and snag bargains, packs to get fodder and hope for lucky pulls.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:51 AM   #39
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

There is a team in my league that has started the season 5-1 with a run differential of -2 haha
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:35 AM   #40
bsuball41
Bat Boy

Hmm, I thought achievements were going to be easier to collect after I got 1055 points in my first game.

Haven't had a single one in five games since then!
bsuball41 is offline   Reply With Quote