Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Post Trouble with 3D or Facegen?

OOTP 19 utilizes some advanced OpenGL features now, which may be problematic on a small number of systems. So, in order to fix the problems we need your help.

But first, please make sure you install the latest version of drivers for your graphics card! Often outdated drivers are the reason for 3D / Facegen problems.

OOTP 19 needs at least support for OpenGL 2.0. This is supported by most graphic cards with up-to-date drivers.

We suggest playing around with the OpenGL settings (Game Settings -> Facegen & 3D tab), you could try setting the "Open GL Shader Mode" to "Disable OpenGL shader" for example.

If it still does not work, we need to know your exact system specs which can be obtained by an application called Opengl Caps viewer. You can download it here:
Download OpenGL Caps Viewer.

After you installed & started it, click on the tools tab and then on "export data" (see image). In the new window click on "txt export" (see image). Please post the text file here or simply copy and paste the text directly.

Thank you!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
DKimb
Bat Boy

Would this manifest itself as my 3d looking basically like OOTP 18? That seems like what I've got happening - it's faster and smoother, but the actual players don't seem to have been change to now have the detailed legs and arms I've seen in screenshots...
DKimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKimb View Post
Would this manifest itself as my 3d looking basically like OOTP 18? That seems like what I've got happening - it's faster and smoother, but the actual players don't seem to have been change to now have the detailed legs and arms I've seen in screenshots...
I'm not sure. The players are just a setting though, so you could try changing it and seeing what happens.

On the options screen, under 'player model type' make sure to select 'real players' not 'pawns'. If after doing that the real players don't show up, then it may be a problem.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
DKimb
Bat Boy

Oh jeez totally missed that, ha. Thanks! This looks great now!
DKimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:45 AM   #5
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Super skinny pitcher

I know Carl Edwards Jr. is tall and super skinny, but ...
Attached Images
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #6
sealbc
Minors (Double A)

3d players

I have pawn turned off too real players.This is what i am getting in a 3d game.I turned off face gen.I was getting players showing on and off of jerseys and pants.It was like a lose light bulb effect or if the light bulb was about too burn out.It just keeps flashing on and off during a 3 d game.his is what it looks like since i made some changes in 3d settings.Still do not show full body of players.I have all my updates.I checked them all.Not sure how too fix my problem. do i need too change my gamma settings from default 2.0? It is the only thing i have not played with yet in adjustments..I have a brand new dell inspiron 20 runing windows 10.Lucas or Markus what can i do now too fix this problem.I switched over too the pawn.I no longer have the real players blinking on and off.I was finding the blinking on and off too be annoying watching out a game.The pawn i can watch the game out with no issues.
Attached Images

Last edited by sealbc; 03-20-2018 at 05:53 PM.
sealbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #7
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We suggest playing around with the OpenGL settings (Game Settings -> Facegen & 3D tab), you could try setting the "Open GL Shader Mode" to "Disable OpenGL shader" for example.
I had this same issue in OOTP 18 (Facegen doesn't work) and doing what Markus decribes above made it work. But I don't see that option in the settings for OOTP 19:
Attached Images

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #8
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

i dont know if this is the right place, but since you cannot edit existing MLB player's facegens, is it possible for the devs to get rid of the beards for the guys on the yankees. aaron hicks who's been on the yankees for a few years now still has a beard for some reason in facegen. stanton also has one now.

i try to get rid of it and it says no beard is listed but he still has the beard in the facegen. will really bug me when i start my full yankees save on thursday
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
i dont know if this is the right place, but since you cannot edit existing MLB player's facegens, is it possible for the devs to get rid of the beards for the guys on the yankees. aaron hicks who's been on the yankees for a few years now still has a beard for some reason in facegen. stanton also has one now.

i try to get rid of it and it says no beard is listed but he still has the beard in the facegen. will really bug me when i start my full yankees save on thursday
Yes, I can do that

I'm not sure it'll make it into the build Thursday, but I'll try to get it in in time.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:41 PM   #10
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Is anyone else seeing players' faces without a hat but just a shadow?
Royals 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:45 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals 2017 View Post
Is anyone else seeing players' faces without a hat but just a shadow?
From that and the other issue you've described with the league, I'd say there was a problem with your installation and some files didn't get properly installed.

Can you completely remove the game from your system and then reinstall it and see if anything changes?

Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 PM   #12
Royals 2017
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
From that and the other issue you've described with the league, I'd say there was a problem with your installation and some files didn't get properly installed.

Can you completely remove the game from your system and then reinstall it and see if anything changes?
Bummer...
Royals 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 AM   #13
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

No matter what I have done with the Facegen instructions, including updating my graphics drivers, the game doesn't load Historical facegens, for example 1961 Yankees the photos are the fictional facegens.. It worked fine in 18. I have an HP desktop Product 27-a010
Product number V8P05aa#aba
12 gb memory
I am thinking (hoping) with the non beta version and/or update I will be able to view and use the correct facegens
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:12 AM   #14
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Duh... Never mind... I believe I just have to download the FG historical pack again when it is available from Add On Central... Or I am guessing just copy and paste it from ootp 18 correct?
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:47 AM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
Duh... Never mind... I believe I just have to download the FG historical pack again when it is available from Add On Central... Or I am guessing just copy and paste it from ootp 18 correct?
Yes, exactly.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #16
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I'm on Windows 8 and my video/graphics card is updated.

When I try to play out a game in OOTP 19, the game crashes to desktop and I get the message

"ootp19.exe has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I've tried loading with Modern 3D, Classic 2D, Webcast, etc... everything ends up the same.

The sound on my laptop also stopped working several months ago and when I load the game I get a pop up that says "unknown sound error"... Not sure if that's related at all but figured I'd mention it.

For whatever it's worth, I loaded up OOTP 17 and the same thing happens when I try to start a game there. I know that didn't used to be the case. So seems clearly to be a problem somehow with my computer and what's going on with it as opposed to an OOTP issue. Anyone with an idea how to fix this?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I'm on Windows 8 and my video/graphics card is updated.

When I try to play out a game in OOTP 19, the game crashes to desktop and I get the message

"ootp19.exe has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I've tried loading with Modern 3D, Classic 2D, Webcast, etc... everything ends up the same.

The sound on my laptop also stopped working several months ago and when I load the game I get a pop up that says "unknown sound error"... Not sure if that's related at all but figured I'd mention it.

For whatever it's worth, I loaded up OOTP 17 and the same thing happens when I try to start a game there. I know that didn't used to be the case. So seems clearly to be a problem somehow with my computer and what's going on with it as opposed to an OOTP issue. Anyone with an idea how to fix this?
If you go to the 3d and facgen screen on the settings tab and then set the Audience detail to Simplified, animation to off and/or quality to low, do the crashes still happen?

Old 03-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #18
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
If you go to the 3d and facgen screen on the settings tab and then set the Audience detail to Simplified, animation to off and/or quality to low, do the crashes still happen?
Yes, still crashes
Old 03-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #19
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Yes, still crashes
Can you try this then?

Right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add each of the following on e by one to the command line like this:
"c:\program files\whatever\ootp19.exe" nosound

nosound
no3d
nofacegen
nothread

After adding each one try starting the game again and see if it runs. If it does, tell me which command got it working. If not, then delete the previous command and try the next one in turn. If none of them help, let me know that as well.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:42 AM   #20
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I was able to get a game started disabling sound and disabling Open GL.. obviously was only in webcast view though.

Then I just recrashed the game when I tried to enable sound again, so I"m thinking it DOES have something to do with whatever sound error I've got going on. Hold on, I'll try a 3D game with sound disabled and see if that works.