Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
harmonica
Bat Boy

Training

I have read the user manual and I don't find it to provide enough information on training.

Does training or do all players naturally improve if their are not giving training? I ask this because the game seems to severely limit or not have a realistic approach to training for a team.

It also seems that the more staff you have, the better your training is. This is also unrealistic as no NHL team has that many coaches as it is beneficial to have in this game.
harmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonica View Post
I have read the user manual and I don't find it to provide enough information on training.

Does training or do all players naturally improve if their are not giving training? I ask this because the game seems to severely limit or not have a realistic approach to training for a team.

It also seems that the more staff you have, the better your training is. This is also unrealistic as no NHL team has that many coaches as it is beneficial to have in this game.
Re: Coaches -It's more suggesting 1 coach per area if you can afford it. ie: Offensive, Defensive, Skill, etc. Most real teams do have a Head Coach plus 3 assistants on the bench, a goaltending coach, as well as a video coach. Most teams also have at minimum 1 if not 2 Player Development Coaches as well.

As for training; everyone can improve, or sometimes it's about offsetting something that is being lost. However there's times where it doesn't make sense to train a player a specific way. For instance, a 30+ year old player doesn't really need any more mental training. They will be set where they are. To maximize efficiency if you are controlling it, don't let the number drop lower than 10. A player can still grow without direct training however.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:02 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Just to clarify: all players improve/decline naturally without training. The training options in the game determine who gets extra coaching attention (in the form of the bonus development that it awards), and how the coaching staff's time is distributed to providing that extra attention - if you have many players getting a specific type of coaching, for example, it waters down the overall effectiveness, as reflected in the decreasing bonus number.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote