Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Request: In Player Career Stats Page

I'm going to make a small list of things that might seem minor but add so much to a player stats page. The idea of all these things is to show more information while at the same time not making the player have to search all over the place for it; it's all in one place. And feel free to share your opinion on this. I'd love to hear it because you might have more value to add to this.

AGE---SEASON----TEAM-----GP----G----A----Pts-----CptnSt.----Salary---etc.
24---- 2011-12--Toronto---82---54---37---91--------'A'--------5.5M--------
25---- 2012-13--------------etc

1) The players age clearly indicated along the side of each season
Ootp does this and i love it. In EHM i always find myself doing the math while looking through the players career stats because i always want to know their age in a current year. We're not mathmaticians here!

2) Either the team name, or even better an asterisk of sorts next to the season number to indicate the player winning a Stanley Cup/League Championship.
The official record book of the NHL has a small asterisk on the right hand side of the "season" in the players stats and i think it's great to have. In EHM i would have to go to the players history and simply count. The above idea would save people some clicks of the mouse which is alway very important in stat-based games.

3) Bold GP, G, A, PTS, to indicate that the player was a league leader in that category.
Again, the idea here is to show as much as possible while at the same time not to be cluttered. And once again, this is done in the Official Record Book of the NHL every year. Oh and Hockeyreference.com does a good job at this too along with indicating a "SCW"

I also if you CIRCLE the league leader and BOLD the team leader. That would show even more but the fear would be that it would become to cluttered. I don't think it would but would take some testing i'm sure.

4) Indicate if the player is a Captain or an Alternate Captain.
This one i've always been a fan of. If you're a historic type of guy, looking through stats it's always interesting to see if a player was a captain or alternate captain anytime in their career and for what team. This would be the best way to show that in my mind. And if a player isn't a captain you could just use " - " or something along that line.

Taking that further, to have for team historys a breakdown of all the captains with their stats (again hockeyreference.com does a fantastic job of this - the only thing i would to HR page would be the players age)

5) Show the players Salary for that season
I just think that information would be neat to have mixed in with their stats pages...

These ideas i've posted other places before. But i hope you see the value in these ideas as i do. These small things are what makes ALL the difference.

Oh and guys, please take a guess of who you think that player is... haha . I could barely type it with a straight face One day...one day.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Phil Kessel.

I think captain is something that should be listed on the player's profile page, but not necessarily something I would consider a statistic. Same with salary. What I do hope to see is the game having more ratings e.g football manager. There are a ton of statistics in baseball that make it clear what kind of player someone was. Slugger, contact guy, base stealer, great at walks, etc.

The stats in hockey fail to depict the whole picture. For example, Marian Hossa can flat out dominate some games when he enters beast mode but he can fail to net one or get an assist. He's such a great two way player that can use his body to maintain the puck for such looooooooooooooooooooooong periods of time. He knows how to free up space and make plays that make everyone around him look better. This can't be reflected in stats. I know a lot of people play OOTP without ratings, but I don't think this can be done properly with a hockey game. There are too many different things that are not kept track of.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

The captain/alternate and the salary being in there doesn't replace it being somewhere else as well. It's just the same information shown in a different way.

I could live with a seperate screen showing the players payments but i really would love to see the Captain/Alternate in there - the captain/alternate captain would also be in the players "awards" section too and hopefully in the team history (maybe not alternate but captain for sure with his stats and age)

I just like seeing past players (fictional or not ) and to see the years they've gotten the big pay hike and compare it (easily) to their pay along with the year(s) they were captain or not. OOTP does an amazing job of tracking all the players in the league while EHM only the top leader for the season (and not even sortable)

I agree though that hockey is not a game of pure stats like baseball. That's why EHM went with the Average Rating. and you can't go by attributes alone either because there are a ton of skilled players who simply can't perform on a regular basis.

I hope that we will finally see the inconsistancies in goalies as well. EHM simply doesn't have it.

EDIT: yah, phil kessel. Now no one will take this seriously lol

Last edited by dave1927p; 11-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
RoPa
All Star Reserve

Would it be possible to keep career stats of each team, player and coach against each team in their league?

e.g.

LW René Rocket has
21 G
45 A
66 PTS
76 PIM
7 PPG
0 SHG
etc.
etc.
in 98 career games vs NY Rangers

Goalie Pierre LaBiscuitte is
12 W
17 L
5 OTL
2 SO
3.23 GAA
etc.
etc
in 34 career games vs Vancouver

Coach Willy Tibbles
42 W
34 L
11 OTL
etc.
etc.
in 87 career games against Pittsburgh

Team Head-to-Head Results against all the other teams in their league.

Last edited by RoPa; 11-03-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo fix
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

i do enjoy looking at the matchups between two teams in EHM. Having that ability to look at each individual player would be that much cooler Having the ability to filter for the season and career would be nice too.