Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 02:42 PM   #61
SoxWin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Shutdown
Derek Bell is my hero.
You're obviously nuts. Which should make you a front runner....

I smoke a lot of pot and drink a lot of beer. I also graduated Suma Cum Laude. ****ing sue me.

- Luis Rivera
SoxWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #62
The Professor
Hall Of Famer

I don't like to jump in on things of this nature, but I feel this needs to be said. If you are seriously considering the OTBL, don't. I left this league for a reason and I think it is only fair to say that anyone who takes their chances with this lemon deserves what they get. The level of corruption in that league is beyond belief, the live sims are mostly just a lame excuse for OT's good ol' boys to gossip, the baseball is ridiculously fake - I mean, no two owners in that league actually know more than half of their roster, the rest rarely actually export anything and trying to build a winner with a cheating commissioner is pretty difficult. There are long hiatus's for no reason at all, most sims have to be redone because somebody who is in cahoots with the commish whines about losing too many games, Free Agency is a sham that gets run one or more times just so the commish's favorites get the players they want. Check the league file, I implore you, and you'll see what is going on - all the warning signs are there. Sorry, but it has to be said. Did I mention that it is also a ridiculously fake baseball league? Ridiculously fake!

I hope nobody closes this thread or feels the need to flame me, I'm just trying to look out for some innocent owners who may actually apply to this and have it ruin their entire OOTP experience.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:18 PM   #63
sixto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor
I don't like to jump in on things of this nature, but I feel this needs to be said. If you are seriously considering the OTBL, don't. I left this league for a reason and I think it is only fair to say that anyone who takes their chances with this lemon deserves what they get. The level of corruption in that league is beyond belief, the live sims are mostly just a lame excuse for OT's good ol' boys to gossip, the baseball is ridiculously fake - I mean, no two owners in that league actually know more than half of their roster, the rest rarely actually export anything and trying to build a winner with a cheating commissioner is pretty difficult. There are long hiatus's for no reason at all, most sims have to be redone because somebody who is in cahoots with the commish whines about losing too many games, Free Agency is a sham that gets run one or more times just so the commish's favorites get the players they want. Check the league file, I implore you, and you'll see what is going on - all the warning signs are there. Sorry, but it has to be said. Did I mention that it is also a ridiculously fake baseball league? Ridiculously fake!

I hope nobody closes this thread or feels the need to flame me, I'm just trying to look out for some innocent owners who may actually apply to this and have it ruin their entire OOTP experience.

draven???
sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #64
jgross68
All Star Reserve

To add on to all The Professor's valid points about this RIDICULOUSLY FAKE league, you wouldn't believe the number of owners who are allowed to just mysteriously vanish and then show back up without any sort of explanation months later expecting - and getting - another team! It's absolutely dysfunctional.

Leagues: OTBL | ABC | OCHO | Off The Wall (Coming Soon!)
Blogs: The Legacy of Tony Womack | How We Got Enron! ...the musical (Now even less frequently updated!)

Topical quote for any occasion: "Never wear your best trousers when you go out to fight for freedom and truth."
~Henrik Ibsen, "An Enemy of the People"
jgross68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:08 PM   #65
phenom
Hall Of Famer

anybody bitter much?

anybody?

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:09 PM   #66
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I left this league for a reason
Hey, didn't you just recently rejoin, or is this not a good time to bring that up?
Old 09-16-2004, 04:15 PM   #67
The Professor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, didn't you just recently rejoin, or is this not a good time to bring that up?
What are you saying? My points are still valid! Don't try to make this about me unless you are prepared to condemn the actions of all the owners in this second-rate league. Hypocritical much? Yeah, that's what I thought!

EDIT: Anyway, I have to go to work now. I'll leave people to form their own conclusions about the OTBL, I've offered the best warning I can give. Good luck filling that opening and God help the poor fool who actually takes it.

Last edited by The Professor; 09-16-2004 at 04:23 PM.
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #68
MannyTrillo
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Oh, I'm not going to flame you- that would be stooping down to your level. Instead, I'm just going to ask you a simple question: what the hell is wrong with you, you ignorant moron?

First of all, The "Professor" (if that's what he really is) did not "leave," he was booted from the OTBL. The reason was that we were all, like, totally in this chat room? And matskralc goes, "JML is a tool!" and then everyone else goes, "Yeah, what a tool JML is!" Except the Professor? So then Kez is all like, "Hey Prof, don't you think JML is a tool?" And Prof is all, "I don't know, I guess so." I mean, WTF? You guess so?! It's not like we're giving you a quiz in school and this is a really hard question that only the nerdy kids know the answer to lol! Hello! So after that, jgross68 was like, "OK, everybody say BRUNDAGE!111!!" and so everybody did, except the Professor again? So this time Soxwin is like, "Hey Prof, you forgot to say brundage!!111!" And the Professor goes, "No I didn't, I just didn't feel like it." I mean, hello! Hello? Could you be any more conceited? I don't think so! So then LivnLegend goes to holyroller, "You totally have to kick Professor out of the league- he's so conceited!" And I'm like, "Yeah, totally- hello?!" And so holyroller was all, "Professor, you are kicked out of the league and no one in the OTBL is ever allowed to speak to you again!" And that's how the Professor got kicked out of the league.

Poster emeritus

"Not butchery, dining!!"

obt sk cmh ct

President, A-1 Aces OT Posting Club
Click here to join
MannyTrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #69
phenom
Hall Of Famer

totally tubular

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:43 PM   #70
SoxWin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyTrillo
Oh, I'm not going to flame you- that would be stooping down to your level. Instead, I'm just going to ask you a simple question: what the hell is wrong with you, you ignorant moron?

First of all, The "Professor" (if that's what he really is) did not "leave," he was booted from the OTBL. The reason was that we were all, like, totally in this chat room? And matskralc goes, "JML is a tool!" and then everyone else goes, "Yeah, what a tool JML is!" Except the Professor? So then Kez is all like, "Hey Prof, don't you think JML is a tool?" And Prof is all, "I don't know, I guess so." I mean, WTF? You guess so?! It's not like we're giving you a quiz in school and this is a really hard question that only the nerdy kids know the answer to lol! Hello! So after that, jgross68 was like, "OK, everybody say BRUNDAGE!111!!" and so everybody did, except the Professor again? So this time Soxwin is like, "Hey Prof, you forgot to say brundage!!111!" And the Professor goes, "No I didn't, I just didn't feel like it." I mean, hello! Hello? Could you be any more conceited? I don't think so! So then LivnLegend goes to holyroller, "You totally have to kick Professor out of the league- he's so conceited!" And I'm like, "Yeah, totally- hello?!" And so holyroller was all, "Professor, you are kicked out of the league and no one in the OTBL is ever allowed to speak to you again!" And that's how the Professor got kicked out of the league.
BRUNDAGE !!1111!!! \0/

I smoke a lot of pot and drink a lot of beer. I also graduated Suma Cum Laude. ****ing sue me.

- Luis Rivera
SoxWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #71
jgross68
All Star Reserve

Omigod, Manny. I can't believe you like totally memorized that chat! You're such a spaz-wad!!!1

j/k

Blogs: The Legacy of Tony Womack | How We Got Enron! ...the musical (Now even less frequently updated!)

Topical quote for any occasion: "Never wear your best trousers when you go out to fight for freedom and truth."
Old 09-16-2004, 05:30 PM   #72
twins15
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMac
I would definitely be an 3l33t player, and plan on taking Austin from scrub to powerhouse, and I could probably do it in one season, two tops.
I don't think God himself could turn around that SOC team.

Bismarck Boy Scouts of the OTBL - league yes-man

Ross Gload at baseball-reference.com

Book Quotes and Book Lists
twins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:39 PM   #73
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

Which reminds me. No one who knows JML or likes JML or even is indifferent towards JML will be considered. Frankly, if you have even ever read a JML post and cracked a smile, let alone laughed, you cannot be in the league. The only acceptable JML reaction is one of complete and total disgust. If, on the other hand, you have ever written a three paragraph response to a JML post telling him how much he totally sucks then you increase your chances. If you have told him in no uncertain terms that he should "**** right off and die" that gets you even more bonus points. Finally, if you have ever flown to Minnesotta in an effort to trap, kidnap, and then brutally murder JML, you will most definately be given the spot.

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

“I confused it with the chicken’s neck,” Mocanu, who was admitted to the emergency hospital in Galati, was quoted as saying. “I cut it ... and the dog rushed and ate it.”
holyroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #74
jgross68
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyroller
Finally, if you have ever flown to Minnesotta in an effort to trap, kidnap, and then brutally murder JML, you will most definately be given the spot.
That would, in fact, be a way to create another opening in the league.

Not that I'd necessarily publicly condone such a thing.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:49 PM   #75
Chappy
Hall Of Famer

You've all had your fun. Now return to OT land where posts don't count.
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:56 PM   #76
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

These posts count?

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

“I confused it with the chicken’s neck,” Mocanu, who was admitted to the emergency hospital in Galati, was quoted as saying. “I cut it ... and the dog rushed and ate it.”
Old 09-16-2004, 05:59 PM   #77
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

So, did we find anyone yet?
Old 09-16-2004, 06:00 PM   #78
holyroller
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivnLegend
So, did we find anyone yet?
I dunno. Manny has been slacking on the application review.

TonyJ et. al.'s alias

Old 09-16-2004, 06:01 PM   #79
jgross68
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
You've all had your fun. Now return to OT land where posts don't count.
It could take weeks to completely rid Online Leagues of this infestation. Or at least until I make All Star Reserve...

Last edited by jgross68; 09-16-2004 at 06:02 PM. Reason: I like puppies.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:49 PM   #80
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

I always thought someone like Long_long_name or EagleEye0 would make a good addition to the OTBL. Someone should tell them about the opening so they could apply. Or Eric (the guy with the dog avatar). I think he'd be pretty cool.
LivnLegend is offline   Reply With Quote