Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 04:28 PM   #1
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up NEW REAL ROSTERS LEAGUE HAS 3 OPENINGS

Hey guys my league the Real World Baseball League has their first sim tomorrow evening. We have three openings now, but may have two more in one week. Right now we need owners for the INDIANS, RED SOX, and RANGERS.

We use Rolen's rosters that have been updated before being used. Please visit our website and read our constitution. Our rules are a little different that the average league, so make sure you are okay with them. If you are okay with our rules (you should be) then send me an email to Kyle.F@hornfans.com and tell me which team you would like. You also should register at our board and post a message in the "RWB On Topic Posts" forum. Just reply to my message announcing teams seeking owners.

Also, our board supports two leagues so make sure you post in the RWB section. You also MUST own OOTP4 to join our league.

Thanks,

HornsManiac
RWB Commish
<a href="http://www.rwbl.ootp-leagues.com/" target="_blank">RWB Home Page</a>

<small>[ 05-22-2002, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: HornsManiac ]</small>
2002 Big XII Tournament Champs
2002 Regional Champs
2002 Super Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 05-23-2002, 02:18 AM   #2
Bandit3
Bat Boy

Me and my 2 friends, would like to claim all 3 of the teams. Im at school now but will email you around 3est when I get home.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:46 AM   #3
HornsManiac
Minors (Single A)

The league is now full once again. It filled up about 20 minutes after I posted this, and I have been too busy to post a follow up. Next week I may have 1-2 teams open, so check our board regularly and let us know when you see an available team that you want.

Thanks.

HornsManiac
2002 Big XII Tournament Champs
2002 Regional Champs
2002 Super Regional Champs
2002 National Champions
Old 06-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #4
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Re: NEW REAL ROSTERS LEAGUE HAS 3 OPENINGS

Quote:
Originally posted by HornsManiac
We use Rolen's rosters that have been updated before being used.
LOL - also rosters that have been updated AFTER being used...

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:30 PM   #5
Subby
Major Leagues

I am really interested in a league where the commish is "hands-on".

Is this something I can expect at the RWBL?
Old 06-18-2002, 01:35 PM   #6
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

New Realistic!, draft right aorund the corner!!, 5openings!!

WSBL

I just did a pre-season activity check, and i have 5 openings.....

sd
montreal
yanks
anaheim
toronto

the draft's are june 27th and july 1st

wsbaseball@lycos.com, aim-inVINCEableKIDD
Attached Images
Old 06-18-2002, 01:36 PM   #7
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

whoops, meant to hit new thread lol
Old 06-18-2002, 06:04 PM   #8
Blackadar
Bat Boy

Yep, 25 of the teams are being run by the commish. Damn, look at the massive improvement on each of 'em. They must have Greattttttt coaches. Oh boy, sounds fun.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:27 PM   #9
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

are the Braves still available?

I hear they're good

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:57 PM   #10
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

lol good one
Old 06-18-2002, 07:18 PM   #11
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackadar
Yep, 25 of the teams are being run by the commish. Damn, look at the massive improvement on each of 'em. They must have Greattttttt coaches. Oh boy, sounds fun.
Hmm, now that I think of it, in the three online leagues in which I heard of massive cheating accusations, the allegedly cheating Commissioner controlled the Braves in each one! Remarkable coincidence?!

edit: meant to "quote" DraftDodger's post, not Blackdar's! Still trying to get the hang of this new message board.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:27 PM   #12
nix
Minors (Single A)

damn i never thought heavy cheating took places in these sim leagues now that i think about it,i look back at this high heat league that im currently part off, and the coomish, also happen to run the sim, had previously a 18 game winning streack.....i find this real funny but never said a word about it lmaoo this is discusting for a commish to be doing that man! people work hard trying to put a winning team togheter and this!

Last edited by nix; 06-18-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:00 PM   #13
The Professor
Hall Of Famer

I suspect this does happen a lot...

...one of my first FPS leagues the commish didn't seem to control any teams, yet I'd get email from both he and sometimes another guy who controlled the Mariners (they were one and the same, along with the Yankees, Braves, Cubs and Rockies he would trade players between these teams...developing them into stars) Most seasons the Yankees won the WS, although the Cubs managed to eek out a series or two when their talent peaked (oddly, before it all went to New York for low-talent scrubs)

Shameful when it happens...
Old 06-18-2002, 11:21 PM   #14
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

i dont see the fun in that? doesn't everyone want a challenge? what would life be without challenge's, no fun!
Old 06-19-2002, 02:28 AM   #15
rferry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by LivnLegend

Hmm, now that I think of it, in the three online leagues in which I heard of massive cheating accusations, the allegedly cheating Commissioner controlled the Braves in each one! Remarkable coincidence?!

edit: meant to "quote" DraftDodger's post, not Blackdar's! Still trying to get the hang of this new message board.
stop it! you're freaking me out! my team's league's commish controls the braves!
Old 06-19-2002, 04:39 AM   #16
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Ahhh... Commishes cheating... My first online experience was this March with Tom Mills. Unfortunately, being involved in that league has made me suspect of all my current commishes, except "The Professor" and "Ghost". But an experience like that, so early in my online league career is like getting improperly caressed by your supposedly loving uncle when you are 4 years old. That didn't happen in real life, I am just speaking in metaphor.

Now, it is one of my rules. I look at a league that I am interested in to see which team the Commish owns, and then to see what its record is. If the Commishes team has a losing record, then I figure it is a cool league to be a part of...

Hmmm... Come to think of it... I didn't do that when I joined that Christian league last week though. But, I'll tell you what... if the commissioner of BALL (Baseball and Lord Lovers) is rigging the sims, then I am really going to get fired up. You don't see God sitting at his computer simulating eternity, so he can get the best of all possible results. Or wait, maybe he did... You will have to read Liebniz for that sort of philosophical conjecturing.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:30 AM   #17
Goody
Hall Of Famer

If I join can I have the Mariners and make Edgar Martinez 22 with a range of C at 3B?

Could use Jay Buhner back also, and make him strike out less. And put him as being born in 1975. Thanks, bye!
Old 06-19-2002, 07:17 AM   #18
CaLíKrAzY
All Star Reserve

Why? Why? Why?

I don't get it.

What's the point?

To make it look like your the greatest?

To me the whole point of being a gm/commish is to just have some fun when you have some extra time when your not working.

Then when you get caught you look like the dumbest piece of **** and now your completely ruined & pretty much screwed every honest person looking to get a fair fight to be the best. Time to create a new name and **** people over who had any respect for ya at all before they knew you wanted a cheap thrill.

Why do you post your the Champions of blah blah blah??

You didn't win ANYTHING you NEVER won & COULDN'T win so yah
SUCKKK Man (or woman you can tell us)...

See what happens when you don't win anything to glorify in?
You act like me and this right here is enuff said...

Johnny
Old 06-19-2002, 07:50 AM   #19
nix
Minors (Single A)

MAN! IM GETTING PISSED. i told you guys about me being on a hight heat2k3 sim league, and that the commish(who also runs the sim) had a18 game winning streack well it doesnt ends there. we had a sim run last night and ive just find out that he again posted a winning streack of 10 this time WOW what a coincidence. no one wants to confront the guy with it you guys think i should put him on the spot and question his pride as a commish in front of all my fellow owners?? its a dirthy job but someone has to do it. the guy is leading his division by like 20 games and lately there've been some trades that looked suspicious. im think the guy runs every team on his division.
LMAOO this is all comic view to me seing someone going to that level just towin a league championship.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:18 AM   #20
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Plain and simple:

If you can not trust the commissioner than you should not be involved in that league. Get out, you can make your reasoning for leaving known (make a post on the league message board, Owner Resignation and lay out your reasons there).
Closed Thread