Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 09-07-2003, 05:43 AM   #41
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

General News

The 2003 trading deadline came and went with barely anything making the headlines. The three-some between the Felons, Jailblazers and the storm and the huge $11,000,000 deal to sportkrazy seemed to be the only big news this deadline. The Juves look to finish in first place and Storm just plays okay enough to make the playoffs but not good enopugh to knock the Juves off the comfort seat. The Felons is playing better ball now since their super star sportkrazy has secured his future with the franchise for at least the next two season. They are currently on a 4-game winning streak. However they are still behind the blazers who have been winning recently with a couple of addition from freeagency. konholeyo is batting .380 with 5 HR and 21 RBI's.

-----------------------------------------

Monthly Awards

Quote:
Friday 8/1/2003: illinifan (JUV) wins Pitcher of the month award
It's the 2nd time that the GFBL Pitcher of the Month award goes to Juveniles' pitcher i illinifan. His record of 6-0 in 8 was among the leagues best this month. In 67 innings of work he allowed just 58 hits while striking out 58, compiling an ERA of just 2.82. i pitched a shutout as well. Opposing players hit .232 against i this season. While posting an ERA of 3.04 he went 15-4 in 24 starts, fanning 162 and walking 53 hitters. i has pitched 3 shutouts and 7 complete games. He's 2nd in the GFBL in ERA and 1st in wins!

Friday 8/1/2003: Red hot Pete Kahle wins Batter of the Month award
P Pete Kahle of Juveniles wins his 1st Batter of the Month award for putting up the best numbers in the GFBL. P was on fire, hitting .259 with 7 homeruns and 19 RBI. His season features a batting average of .262 (110 hits in 420 AB), 60 doubles, 2 triples and 21 longballs. Pete Kahle collected 80 RBI and 68 runs as well. He's 9th in the GFBL in batting, 1st in homeruns and 2nd in RBI!
Congrats to the players of the month. I am surprised that someone other than matt won the BOM. I guess he is human.

Breaking News

JAL: d draven085 was injured while pitching.
Diagnosis: Fractured Elbow.
He is out for about 7 weeks.

JUV: i illinifan was injured while pitching.
Diagnosis: Bone Chips Elbow.
He will be OK in about 7 weeks.

STM: b bigwillis16 was injured while running the bases.
Diagnosis: Broken Ankle.
He is definitely out for the season!

wow, storm will certainly miss bigwillis. This might just kill off the Storm for the cup contention.

That's all for this sim, good luck to all on Wednesday.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:11 AM   #42
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

General News

The Storm suffered from the loss of bigwillis for teh rest of the season. The Jailblazers caught up 2 games this past sim, making it 7 GB. The Juves is the only team left with a winning percentage in the league now with Storm playing very poor baseball this past month. I guess this "is not over until it's over - Yogi Berra". Making the headlines this time is actually not matt. In fact, matt has been on a bad slump batting .188 with only 5 homeruns for the last two months. sportkrazy on the other hand, arguably has proven himself to be the best player in league batting .427 with 14 rbis's this month alone.

Wavehound8 of the Storm has also been tremendes. The first baseman is currently leading the team in RBI's with 73 and is signed to come back next season. He is certainly a big part of this Storm offence.

The biggest story this season (in my opinion) has to be the Jailblazers. With a team full of mediocre players (statwise), only one player on the roster has an over .300 average and he has played under 40 games. Not even one pitcher of the staff has double digit in wins. Still this team is battling on and is closing the gap game by game slowly yet progressive. I will not be surprised if this team end up beating the wounded Storm and make it to the finals.

Breaking News

nothign major...

This is all, playoffs is getting closer and closer, and the race is getting tighter and tighter...
Old 09-10-2003, 08:13 PM   #43
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cuss16
I will not be surprised if this team end up beating the wounded Storm and make it to the finals.
Neither will I.
dbacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #44
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

Ths first ever playoff (finals) is just around the corner so I thought i should get the details out now. Only the top two teams will advance tothe post season. They will then play a best of 5 series. The winner will be declared the champions of the GFBL this season. Since the elague set up only consists of one league, I'll have to scheule 5 exhibition games for this to work, hence there will be no "lasting injuries" and pitcher fatique. However that doesn't mean you will be able to start your ace every game. Now I'm trying to be as fair as possible so I'm gonna enforce a 4-man rotation. Each team will have to at least feature 4 different SP in the series. In case it goes to game 5, both team will be allowed to go back to the ace if one desires. Let me know of these rules sound reasonable. I am also all ears If anyone has any suggestions, comments and/or questions.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:26 PM   #45
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

Sounds good - but, can't you just go into the schedule editor, and hit "Add Series," instead of creating 5 exhibition games?
Old 09-13-2003, 05:29 PM   #46
truthserum
All Star Starter

Sounds fair enough to me.

We have been offered a contract by SirOrion and it looks like we are going to remain a Juvenile. I have been out for 5 weeks and am still tied for the lead in wins, for the Juves....glad SirOrion respects that and has offered me a nice contract for my efforts this year.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #47
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

How much and how long did you sign for? Just wondering.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #48
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by dbacks
Sounds good - but, can't you just go into the schedule editor, and hit "Add Series," instead of creating 5 exhibition games?
If I do that the wins and losses will be added to the season records. Plus this way it's more fair and makes it more of a "team game"

and truthserum, Post up the deatils if you do accept the contract.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:35 PM   #49
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I forgot that it would add to the season record.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:43 PM   #50
beavers10
Minors (Double A)

Can you add me to the GFBL? My username is krimsonkrusher on the forum. I'd don't care what position I play, as long as it's not pitcher or catcher.

HARNESS YOUR POSTING ENERGY

Can anyone guess what this smiley is? PM me if you think you know.
C= 2>;*{))

Another one:
}:^#})
beavers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #51
potatoman
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
i think a 3 man roation would be more reasonable

New Jersey Nighthawks (1227-717)

Last 5 seasons

2011: 118-44
2012: 100-62
2013: 111-51
2014: 106-56
2015: 108-54

OTBA Champions: 2008, 2010,2011
potatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #52
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I agree, for a 5 game playoff. I'd use a 4 man rotation for a 7 game playoff.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:46 PM   #53
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by beavers10
Can you add me to the GFBL? My username is krimsonkrusher on the forum. I'd don't care what position I play, as long as it's not pitcher or catcher.
You've already been added. Here is your player card. You are a pitcher, though. I think cuss will have to change you.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:09 PM   #54
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by beavers10
Sure, let me know the exact position handedness number nickname that you want. Since you are changing your position, you will have to be freeagent and get signed before you can play.

And I think i will stick with the 4-man rule so that more pitchers wll get to play and the better team will definitely win since everyoen will need to comethrough now in order for a team to win 3 our of 5 games.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:46 PM   #55
truthserum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by dbacks
How much and how long did you sign for? Just wondering.
I was offered a 5million/3year deal. It is fair enough for me....and allows him to still attempt to keep a dominant group together.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:49 PM   #56
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

Oooh yeah, we're gonna to kick butt next season! (Ideally, the Jailblazers come in first, with the Juves coming in second, or vice-versa. That way both of my teams make the playoffs)
Old 09-14-2003, 04:57 AM   #57
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

General News

I realize that the league is getting popular now, more and more people are paying attention to it making this more and more like an online league. So I updated the site making it more like a proper online league. The intro screen now feature players form the league. It will randomly pick a picture from my data base and link to that particular player. I didn't do everyone, If you dont see your picture and you would like to be there, give me a shout and you will be there. There is also a brand new league graphics section in case anyone wants to do something related to league whether it is a banner, wallpaper, player card...etc. Everyone is also welcome to write articles about the league. Everything will be posted and shared. So dont be shy!

***If you still see the old baseball (or any of the old pages) on the intro page try hold ctrl and click refresh.

Big news coming out of the last sim. The Blazers are now just 4 games behind the Storm for the last playoff spot. And if thats' not exciting enough, the last place Felons lead by sportkrazy is only 2 games behind the Blazers and 6 back of the Storm. The Juves on the other hand has been taking it easy, currently sitting 26 games over the Storm with a gurantee home-field spot in the finals. With only 20+ games left in this first season of the GFBL, a great finish seems certain...

Now to the statistics, dbacks of the Juves has stolen 65 bases and counting. Cuss has raised his/my average to over .300 with the help of my personal strategies. ;D matt is slowing down now still he is leading the league in RBI's with over 100. The only player in the league currently with 100+. trident is leading the league in saves with 38 and a 3.31 ERA. For more stats check the leader section of the site.
------------------------------------

Monthly Awards

Monday 9/1/2003: Pitcher of the Month honors go to Juveniles' ey215
It's the 2nd time that the GFBL Pitcher of the Month award goes to Juveniles' pitcher e ey215. His record of 4-2 in 8 was among the leagues best this month. In 64.2 innings of work he allowed just 49 hits while striking out 72, compiling an ERA of just 1.81. e pitched a shutout as well. Opposing players hit .180 against e this season. While posting an ERA of 2.23 he went 17-7 in 33 starts, fanning 279 and walking 49 hitters. e has pitched 4 shutouts and 17 complete games. He's 1st in the GFBL in ERA and 1st in wins!

Monday 9/1/2003: Felons' sportkrazy named Batter of the Month
The GFBL's best player of the month was Felons' s sportkrazy, who wins the award for the 1st time in his career. s pounded opposing pitchers, hitting .389 with 2 and 19 RBI while slugging .492. sportkrazy has hit for a .337 average this season. He has 58 extra base hits along with 265 total bases, resulting in a .520 slugging percentage. He's 1st in the GFBL in batting, 4th in homeruns and 6th in RBI!

Breaking News News

STM: w wireman was injured while throwing a ball.
Diagnosis: Fractured Elbow.
He is out for about 8 weeks.

As if bigwillis' injury wasn't enough, the storm's starting 2B is out for the rest of the season as well...The storm has really dug themself a hole, a deep deep hole...

However to help the situaton a litle bit, the "MVP" of the Blazers is out for the rest of the eyar as well:

JAL: U UmdTerps13 was injured while throwing a ball.
Diagnosis: Bone Chips Elbow.
He is out for about 5-6 weeks.

It's getting very close to the finish line now, what else can i say...........DO SOMETHING METSKID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Old 09-14-2003, 01:00 PM   #58
dbacks
Hall Of Famer

wow, if I make it to the finals, it won't be by much!
Old 09-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #59
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

Yes, IF you make it to the finals...

How does everyone like the random pic on the intro page? I thought it was pretty cool.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:19 PM   #60
potatoman
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
i like it!

New Jersey Nighthawks (1227-717)

Last 5 seasons

2011: 118-44
2012: 100-62
2013: 111-51
2014: 106-56
2015: 108-54