Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 10:00 AM   #1
jpenn44
Minors (Single A)

To all WSBL Owner who read this board

First and foremost...Scott, if you feel this is inappropriate, please delete the thread.

Now, much has been "discussed" about the WSBL league that Tusso is running. Well, since I am an OOTP junkie, and have no life, I have been keeping an eye on it.

I went as far as to download the ratings report from the start from his team, the Yankees.

Here is the ratings for his propsect Drew Henson from before the first sim:

Name Age Pos Hits Homeruns Walks Speed Stealing Range
Henson 23 3B Average Good Fair D D C

and this from the latest sim:

Name Age Pos Hits Homeruns Walks Speed Stealing Range
Henson 23 3B Good Good Average C C C

Yet, a quick glance at his team development page shows that there were NO developments for Drew Henson.

Now, I've posted this many times on the WSBL message board..and the commish just deletes them.

I just want all the owners in the league, that have given their ID's to know the kind of commish that they have. Hopefully some of them will read this board and realize the truth.
jpenn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:30 AM   #2
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

Sad but true, good post jpenn
LedgerSko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #3
sporr
Global Moderator

What's worse, is that if any WSBL members did read this board, they would have had ample warning about this kind of thing.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:36 AM   #4
Wildcard88
Minors (Single A)

Ah, but how many of those owners are real?
Old 04-07-2003, 10:50 AM   #5
gpm22
All Star Reserve

Must be 12 of them at least. Very similar to the former WSBL when Pat Casey was running it.
gpm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:53 AM   #6
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

Casey=Tusso
Old 04-07-2003, 10:56 AM   #7
sporr
Global Moderator

and JBLaze, and BBaller, and Yanks4Life, and OOTPNewbie(?), and...
Old 04-07-2003, 10:59 AM   #8
Old Man
Major Leagues

At least it was not the Braves. We can at least kill that myth, that cheaters only pick the Braves. Now it is the dreaded Yankees!

The WSBL owners were warned many times over and over as Sporr said. If most are new to OOTP, what a piss poor first impression this must give them. This guy is NOT the norm in this community. This community as a whole does not want slime balls like this guy running leagues to begin with. The reason so many people have watched this league, waiting for the misstep.
Waiting for those posts that say, looking for a league opening where the commish does not cheat. Like there are tons of them out there.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:03 AM   #9
Old Man
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by sporr
and JBLaze, and BBaller, and Yanks4Life, and OOTPNewbie(?), and...
Tusso?, could be many others as well. Just like his many email address (AOL, Yahoo's) and many instant message names.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
-Mickey Lolich
Old 04-07-2003, 11:03 AM   #10
gpm22
All Star Reserve

After looking through the message board, I see that Tusso copied my guidelines (ISBL) for Promos word for word. The funny thing is that when I checked the file, he never changed them from the default.

Also, notice OOTPNewbie is on the waiting list.

This is the Ultimate OOTP League as it has copied everything from almost every league around.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #11
Old Man
Major Leagues

Read all OOTPNewbie's posts, if that does not sound like a 2nd coming of Baller nothing does. A newbie with experience, nothing like it.

-Mickey Lolich
Old 04-07-2003, 11:07 AM   #12
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

This is what men resort too. We dont watch soap operas. We come to the online league forum for these kinds of trials and tribulations
Old 04-07-2003, 11:14 AM   #13
Wildcard88
Minors (Single A)

I am just surprised that this league was ever given a spot on the league website. Especially since the name given on its homepage (not to mention the website design) is the same as a league which had commissioner problems in the past. Sure, the league's http address is different now but the name remains the same.

A commissioner is supposed to be someone who agrees to take the time to oversee the league and ensure that the league is enjoyable/fun and fair for all of its owners. Unfortunately, it would appear that Tusso has confused the word 'Commissioner' with the word 'Dictator'.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:16 AM   #14
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

Well he is the Yankees, I mean Yankees and Dictator are almost the same thing.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:23 AM   #15
jpenn44
Minors (Single A)

What is actually impressive is that he can keep them straight most of the time.

I mean, I have trouble remembering to put socks AND shoes on in the morning without coffee. And here he is keeping track of 5+ different aliases, on many different forums.

I'm not sure at this point if he needs a shrink, or a commendation :-)

Hey, anybody need research for a paper on multiple personality disorder...they should come to this board!

Oh...and like sands through the hour glass...
jpenn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:26 AM   #16
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jpenn44

I mean, I have trouble remembering to put socks AND shoes on in the morning without coffee. And here he is keeping track of 5+ different aliases, on many different forums.

I'm not sure at this point if he needs a shrink, or a commendation :-)

Hey, anybody need research for a paper on multiple personality disorder...they should come to this board!

Oh...and like sands through the hour glass...
Well, there have been a few occasions where he has slipped. Just the other day he asked a question as Yanks4Life and thanked the answerer as Tusso.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:26 AM   #17
gpm22
All Star Reserve

The rumor on the block is that WSBL is changing its name to IAGBL (Imitation of All that is Good Baseball League).
Old 04-07-2003, 11:34 AM   #18
gpm22
All Star Reserve

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=30134

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=30422

The 2nd post has a double post as Tusso where he must have realized he used the wrong alias.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:52 AM   #19
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by gpm22
After looking through the message board, I see that Tusso copied my guidelines (ISBL) for Promos word for word. The funny thing is that when I checked the file, he never changed them from the default.

Also, notice OOTPNewbie is on the waiting list.

This is the Ultimate OOTP League as it has copied everything from almost every league around.
He took some stuff from the USBA in it's EXACT form and is still using it on his web page. I asked him to change it because I was embarrassed seeing anything from the USBA on his league but he denied 'borrowing" any element from the USBA. The lies never end.

He never even changd the "9pm Pacific" lineup deadline on the box he stole off the USBA web site.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:54 AM   #20
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by jpenn44

I would speculate that is a large basis for making a rule that all trades be emailed to the Commissioner and that nothing trade related be posted on the league message board. That way he can't cross himself up like jblaze did awhile back when operating multiple teams in the old WSBL.