Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
NikelaosXVI
Bat Boy

Game crashing on specific date

Hey there,

I'm new to FHM5 and OOTP games as a whole, I hope i've uploaded my savefile correctly.

Anyways, I'm playing in HockeyAllsvenskan and the game is crashing on the 9th November.

the saved game is called: SHL KHL NHL
NikelaosXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like something went wrong when you zipped the file, when I try to extract it I'm getting a warning that the archive is corrupt. Can you try creating a new one and uploading it again?

Edit: actually, it looks like it may be on our end, the last 3 saves that have been uploaded today are all corrupt, that's too much of a coincidence. I'll have to let Andreas know and see what's going wrong there. If you can put it on a different file sharing site for now (dropbox, mediafire, google drive, etc.) I should be able to grab it from there.

Last edited by JeffR; 12-26-2018 at 09:18 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:29 PM   #3
NikelaosXVI
Bat Boy

Here's my save uploaded on mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c136u...KHL_NHL.lg.zip
Old 12-27-2018, 06:48 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, that worked. It's the Tappara-ZSC Champions League game causing the crash, Tappara seems to have a roster issue with one player. Easy to fix:

-go to Manager-Options, and turn commissioner mode on
-then go to league menu and switch to Finland-Liiga, and from the teams menu choose Tappara Tampere
-go to their roster screen, click on the Action Menu, and choose AI Setup Organization.

That'll fix the problem, and you can continue to the next day without a crash.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:09 AM   #5
NikelaosXVI
Bat Boy

Thanks alot!
Old 12-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
Libertine States
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm having the same issue except it's March 15th that I can't advance to.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eh56ck...ke.lg.rar/file
Libertine States is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:39 AM   #7
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

I'm having the same issue, game crashes on 9 November. Have checked the rosters of all playable league teams and can't see anything obviously wrong with any of them.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z2yqc...YI.lg.rar/file
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by #4BobbyOrr View Post
I'm having the same issue, game crashes on 9 November. Have checked the rosters of all playable league teams and can't see anything obviously wrong with any of them.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z2yqc...YI.lg.rar/file
Looks like it's actually two of the nonplayable ones playing in the Champions League, Litvinov and SaiPa. You can fix it by switching the league to Czech Republic - Tipsport Extraliga, then selecting HC Verva Litvinov and going to their roster screen, then selecting AI Setup Organization from the Action Menu. After that, do the same thing with SaiPa Lappeenranta in the Finnish Liiga, and the game should continue after that.

I think we're going to have to disable the Champions League if all the participating leagues aren't set to playable, that seems to be causing the majority of these problems.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine States View Post
I'm having the same issue except it's March 15th that I can't advance to.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eh56ck...ke.lg.rar/file
That one won't crash for me, I was able to advance to the beginning of Apiril with no problem. Have you updated to the most recent version of the game (5.5.55)? Could be something we've fixed recently.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #10
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Looks like it's actually two of the nonplayable ones playing in the Champions League, Litvinov and SaiPa. You can fix it by switching the league to Czech Republic - Tipsport Extraliga, then selecting HC Verva Litvinov and going to their roster screen, then selecting AI Setup Organization from the Action Menu. After that, do the same thing with SaiPa Lappeenranta in the Finnish Liiga, and the game should continue after that.

I think we're going to have to disable the Champions League if all the participating leagues aren't set to playable, that seems to be causing the majority of these problems.
Awesome, that worked. Thanks for the help!
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote