Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
ootpjoe
Bat Boy

Lightbulb Online League - AI options for smaller groups of human players

I know I'm not alone here as not all of us have time to play in a league with 30 human players. OOTP is tailored to 1 or close to 30 players only. Everything in between is very hard or time consuming. A group of 2-4 friends can't possibly play as they all need commissioner access to do trades or one person is going to be overloaded beyond belief do to AI teams. And then everyone has access to the editor as well.

A perfect world would be to just have an option in Online Mode (lets call it AI players option) for Smaller Groups of players that don't fill a 30 team league. Checking this option would disable the submit trade and complete trade buttons for non commish, but allow human players to shop and propose trades to see if they work. Then the commish would execute the trade if they approve with it. It would also allow AI teams to operate the same as they do in regular play. Trading amongst themselves and such.

Allowing this option could even eliminate the need for a non player commish in some scenarios as 2 or 3 members could all have part of the main commish password meaning no one person could access commish mode alone.

Thanks for reading!
ootpjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:20 AM   #2
flatlander
Bat Boy

Great Idea

Yeah I just went to add this as a suggestion as well but first searched to see if somebody already suggested it or not.

Honestly, this is a HUGE deal for those of us in smaller leagues. Some of us just like playing in leagues with a few close friends but this aspect is missing and it is much needed.

Even if they couldn't hit the submit button, I wish that it would just give AI feedback like it does in SP. That would almost fix the problem right there and doesn't seem too hard to fix. Just have each member screenshot AI response saying that the AI likes the trade and then have commish manually do the trade.

Or, better yet, since they have the new system for human v human trades, just enable the submit button for other human v AI trades, then the commish could review in game, verify the AI likes the trade and hit complete trade.

This would be a huge deal that doesn't seem that far away from being able to put in place and I know would make big improvements for all of us with small leagues.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote