Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
andytown
Bat Boy

J.R. Richard Problem

Hi - I'm running a pretty stringent replay simulation, in which I've done historical transactions and trades and retirements.

I'm wondering if there's any way to fudge one individual player's history or make it go against the grain. Specifically, I want to do a simulation starting in 1980 in which JR Richard goes uninjured, while everything else stays the same.

Is this possible? Is there some option I'm missing in his personal information that I'm not seeing? I know it's a weird request: but I just don't want the AI making manual trades and stuff because I want to simulate all the remaining seasons as they are . . . with this one caveat. I've tried a few things, but nothing seems to be working.

If this works, I'd like to try the same thing with Bo Jackson and Tony Conigliaro, so I'd appreciate any advice!

Last edited by andytown; 11-27-2017 at 10:36 AM.
andytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

put yourself in Commish mode. Anytime they get injured move the injury to history under the Editor tab and put the DL time to 0. You could also put their injury ratings at 0 or 1 which will make them less prone to injury. i had a SS play 1200 consecutive games that way. If their is another way to do this, i am unsure of how to.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
andytown
Bat Boy

Thanks! The issue is that in historical transaction/trades Richard just stops playing in mid-season. He isn't even listed as injured; he just stops playing. It has something to do with the way the mode is structured, and I can't figure it out. And then he's usually gone by 1981 (which is what happened in real life). I'll fool around with it: I've unretired him before but then he gets turned into a reliever! I was hoping to see what the Astros would be like if JR and Nolan were there to dominate the early 80s NL West
Old 11-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
andytown
Bat Boy

One thing - does it have something to do with the "Roster Status Data?" Like, could I change that? I'll try a trial league and see what happens if I don't hear back.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

How about not checking "players retire according to history"?

The next problem, if he survives his stroke time, is that his most recent ratings won't change into future years. Then you'd have to have player development turned on, but that will affect everybody.

Tough one.
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #6
andytown
Bat Boy

Yeah - I want everyone else to retire according to history. In one sim (I pretty much only do the 80s), I had this weird situation where Pete Rose retired before getting the hits record (not likely, I know). I just wish there were some way I could exempt Richard et al from this....
Old 11-30-2017, 05:29 AM   #7
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytown View Post
Yeah - I want everyone else to retire according to history. In one sim (I pretty much only do the 80s), I had this weird situation where Pete Rose retired before getting the hits record (not likely, I know). I just wish there were some way I could exempt Richard et al from this....
Just unretire him.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk