Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 04-12-2015, 01:23 AM   #61
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Last question, I promise.

I know you have said that your name sets don't get along well with the MLB Quickstart, but what about MLB Historical mode?

One of my favorite things to do is create my own fictional MLB history. For example, what I will do is start an MLB setup in 1901 (with all of the real rules, expansions, relocations etc taking place at the proper times) but delete all the real players and league history up to that point, and generate all fictional players. I also uncheck the option to import real historical rookies. So what I end up with is a complete new MLB history with all fictional players.

Do you think your namesets would be fine to use? Or since it's technically MLB historical mode and not fictional mode, there may be issues?

Thanks
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:11 AM   #62
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Last question, I promise.

I know you have said that your name sets don't get along well with the MLB Quickstart, but what about MLB Historical mode?

One of my favorite things to do is create my own fictional MLB history. For example, what I will do is start an MLB setup in 1901 (with all of the real rules, expansions, relocations etc taking place at the proper times) but delete all the real players and league history up to that point, and generate all fictional players. I also uncheck the option to import real historical rookies. So what I end up with is a complete new MLB history with all fictional players.

Do you think your namesets would be fine to use? Or since it's technically MLB historical mode and not fictional mode, there may be issues?

Thanks
That should not be any problem. The MLB Quickstart is only a problem because 1) it is not a fresh game, but really a saved game and 2) it has been doctored to include future draft classes.

Any freshly created game of any stripe should work well with these names.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #63
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Thank you as always for updating this, my friend. It is always the first mod I download for every version of the game.

Fictional play is just not the same without it, that's for sure!

Thanks again!
jaysdailydose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #64
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to merge this file with the other namesets that are currently available? Just making sure before I end up screwing something up without asking for help.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:26 AM   #65
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Is there a way to merge this file with the other namesets that are currently available? Just making sure before I end up screwing something up without asking for help.
All things are possible, if you have the gumption and the wherewithal.

However, that does not automatically ensure that you will make the lists better.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #66
Goreds1994
Bat Boy

So is this not compatible with the quick start at all, or would it have issues due to the pre generated classes? If I am, say 5 years into a save, I should be able to import this correct?
Goreds1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #67
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreds1994 View Post
So is this not compatible with the quick start at all, or would it have issues due to the pre generated classes? If I am, say 5 years into a save, I should be able to import this correct?
You can import it and it will give you better names than the default set up, but it won't work exactly as intended. Be sure to import the world-default file or make the edits necessary yourself.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #68
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
However, that does not automatically ensure that you will make the lists better.

I'm mainly curious about the Cuban namesets
Old 05-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #69
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm mainly curious about the Cuban namesets
i just made those the azerbaijan name set in my game, then changed the world files to make cuba 100% azerbaijan.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:05 PM   #70
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Questdog's Names for OOTP16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
i just made those the azerbaijan name set in my game, then changed the world files to make cuba 100% azerbaijan.

Did you just copy and paste the cuban names into questdog's name.text? Any edits to ethnic file?

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 05-25-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #71
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you just copy and paste the cuban names into questdog's name.text? Any edits to ethnic file?
This from a response to a question you asked a year ago....

Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan
How would I go about changing the African nation to use Unique Cuban names and use that for an alternative to the hispanic names like how you separated names for caucasian and black players?

First make a list of your Cuban names formatted like the African names in a text editor like Notepad.

Adams,1,19
Johnson,10,19
Smith,100,19

Where the first number is the relative frequency that the name should be chosen and the last number is the ethnicity set to which it belongs. 19 is the African set. Copy your new names and paste them over the African names in the names.txt file. Or delete all the names in the names.txt file that end in 19 and paste your names between the ones that end in 18 and the ones that end in 20. If you also have first names, then do the same thing for the first_names.txt file. If you do not have first names, let me know and I will make you a copy of the Hispanic names that should be pasted over the African first names.

Then edit the African entry in the ethnicities.txt file.

19,African,1000,0,0,0,0,

Change it to something like

19,Cuban,750,0,0,50,200

The first number (19) is the set, the next 5 numbers (750,0,0,50,200) are for the facegen skin color. The 5 numbers should add up to 1000 exactly. The first of the five is for the African skin, the next is for Asian, then East-Indian, then Caucasian, and the last is for Hispanic. So with my example, 75% of Cubans will have the African skin, 20% will have the Hispanic skin and 5% will have the Caucasian skin.

Then edit the Cuba entry in the world_default.xml.

<NATION id="49" name="Cuba" pop="11239363" lid="1" capid="31031" gender="0" bbqual="5" abbr="CUB" dem="Cuban" time_zone="-5" observes_dst="1">
<ETHNICITIES>
<ETHNICITY lid="1" pct="100" />
</ETHNICITIES>

Change the two lid="1" entries to lid="19"

If your list is a bit on the short side and you want some of the Cubans to still be named from the Hispanic nameset to avoid too much repetition you could add a line in the world_default.xml like this:

<ETHNICITIES>
<ETHNICITY lid="1" pct="50" />
<ETHNICITY lid="19" pct="50" />
</ETHNICITIES>

With this example, half of the Cubans would have regular Hispanic names and half would have your new Cuban names.

And that should do it. If it is for a game already started make sure to re-import everything.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #72
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
I use a lot of questdogs stuff (it's incredible) mixed with other people's and my own. I just delete the stuff from the files I don't want and add other people's work I do want.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #73
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Is there a way to incorporate these into a fictional league where players are being drawn from countries that have not produced MLB players? I have it set up to draw from some European countries that have not produced players, plus 1.5% random so I do get the occasional player from African or tiny countries.

Last edited by Imperialism32; 07-09-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #74
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialism32 View Post
Is there a way to incorporate these into a fictional league where players are being drawn from countries that have not produced MLB players? I have it set up to draw from some European countries that have not produced players, plus 1.5% random so I do get the occasional player from African or tiny countries.
If the league is already started, just re-import the names database and the world-default.xml and choose to merge the info instead of replace. You should then still have all the non-baseball producing countries in your universe.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #75
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
If the league is already started, just re-import the names database and the world-default.xml and choose to merge the info instead of replace. You should then still have all the non-baseball producing countries in your universe.
It must be my age, because I know I should know this, but just where is that option located? I have done it in 15, but seem to be overlooking in in 16?
Old 07-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #76
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
It must be my age, because I know I should know this, but just where is that option located? I have done it in 15, but seem to be overlooking in in 16?
Under the Database Tools tab, the drop down menu at the far right.

Now, if you have started a league with my world_default.xml and decide you want to add all the other countries. You must re-import the world_default.xml file twice. First re-import the OOTP one and then re-import mine again, choosing both times to merge the info. If you do not re-import mine last, the facegen info will not be there and you will not have the correct facegens matching the names.

P.S. After re-importing the world-default.xml file, all the flags may balloon up, but it is only a temporary glitch and will go back to normal after you close and re-start the game.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #77
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Under the Database Tools tab, the drop down menu at the far right.

Now, if you have started a league with my world_default.xml and decide you want to add all the other countries. You must re-import the world_default.xml file twice. First re-import the OOTP one and then re-import mine again, choosing both times to merge the info. If you do not re-import mine last, the facegen info will not be there and you will not have the correct facegens matching the names.

P.S. After re-importing the world-default.xml file, all the flags may balloon up, but it is only a temporary glitch and will go back to normal after you close and re-start the game.
Thanks for the quick response. So if I am having an issue with your 1870 world setup (lost every country except USA, or America not showing up) I can attempt to reload it, correct?
Old 07-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #78
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
Thanks for the quick response. So if I am having an issue with your 1870 world setup (lost every country except USA, or America not showing up) I can attempt to reload it, correct?
Correct.

But how did you do that? I have never heard of such a thing!
Old 07-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #79
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Edit: Nvm

Last edited by Imperialism32; 07-09-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #80
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialism32 View Post
How do you merge the databases? When I re-imported name & ethnicity (yours were re-titled and put in the folder, the original files were renamed ORG_ethnicity and ORG_names and ORG_first_names) there was no option to merge... am I missing something?

Thanks
You want to merge the World_default files.

When you re-import the world-default.xml a pop up will ask you if you want to replace the current data. Click "No" to "update" (i.e. merge) the data.