Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #1221
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Haven't checked on this yet, but to quantify something else.

Traded MiLB players should ALWAYS stay in the level they were traded from, IMHO.
Disagree. There is no detriment whatsoever for having them go to your rookie roster - in fact, they typically get a morale boost when you promote them to their original level.

If it worked the way you suggested, the opposite would be true. If you trade for a guy who is in AAA, but you want to assign him to AA, there would be a possible hit to morale. Now would that be more realistic? Very minimally, IMO, perhaps not at all.
atl_braves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #1222
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_braves View Post
Disagree. There is no detriment whatsoever for having them go to your rookie roster - in fact, they typically get a morale boost when you promote them to their original level.

If it worked the way you suggested, the opposite would be true. If you trade for a guy who is in AAA, but you want to assign him to AA, there would be a possible hit to morale. Now would that be more realistic? Very minimally, IMO, perhaps not at all.
If I trade for a AAA player, my intent is for him to be in AAA, not "demote" him to AA. THAT would be a morale hit, would it not?

And how would their morale be boosted when going from a higher level to Rookie??? Please explain that logic.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #1223
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
If I trade for a AAA player, my intent is for him to be in AAA, not "demote" him to AA. THAT would be a morale hit, would it not?
Just because one team has a player in AAA does not mean that is where another team feels he belongs (or has a spot for him).

Quote:
And how would their morale be boosted when going from a higher level to Rookie??? Please explain that logic.
Their morale is boosted when going FROM rookie TO your intended level for them. That is what I said.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #1224
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

I am having some MAJOR issues with custom lineups. Help!

- Every time I try to use a saved custom lineup, I get the error message stating that either the roster has changed, or I was trying to load a DH lineup in a non-DH screen. None of these things has ever been true when I have received the message. However, it appears that the game still DOES load the saved lineup.

- Trying to load the lineups on 7-day lineups, I get the same message. In this case, the game loads the saved lineup for the day AFTER the one you selected. Weird.

OK, these are annoying, but I could work around them if they were the ONLY issues. However, there is some more extremely buggy activity going on (which could explain the "roster has changed" error messages).

- On multiple occasions, random players somehow end up on my roster.

Rodon is the player in this instance. I first realized he was there when I went to play my first game, and got the message that "spring training invitees are still on the active roster."

Oddly, his player page indicates that he is still with his original team, and I only have the option of opposing player transactions ("trade for player") despite the fact he is part of my organization.

Using commish mode, I reassigned him to his original organization (albeit at a different minor league level because the game thinks he is still with his original team). This fixed the issue, but the problem keeps happening. Random players keep showing up on my roster.

- In a separate issue, the game randomly added three players (two of the three are a duplicate player) to my Major League disabled list. The duplicate guy was retired, and the other guy was apparently part of the upcoming draft pool. I tried everything imaginable to get these guys out of the organization, to no avail. Deleting them did not work. This rendered the game unplayable - I can't advance because I have to "activate" these guys.

It seems these last two issues are a side effect of the custom lineups, as I advanced through the entire preseason without touching the lineups, and there was no funny business whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

edit: I have tried reinstalling, and have started multiple games in GM, manager, and GM+manager mode, and I am still getting these issues.

Last edited by atl_braves; 05-28-2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 05-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #1225
medecaf
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas718 View Post
Just installed the patch released this morning and played a couple of games. There was no ball flight on HRs and plays that had some variation of the word "line" in them ("line drive", "lined to...", "down the line"). Between the two games, I shut down OOTP and relaunched and noticed the same issue in the second game. Both games played in Camden Yards in 3D view.
I have had the exact same problem with invisible line drives and home runs in the new patch. I have tried several different screen resolutions but the line drives and home runs are still invisible in the game and in every park I have played in. Not good.
medecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:28 PM   #1226
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

I have the same problem and C Rodon shows up in my disabled list.
jmolony3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #1227
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

Disabled list changed

Since the update my disable lists have merged and Carlos Rodon shows up in the NY Yankee disables list. Despite being uninjured and pitching for the Chicago White Sox
Attached Images
jmolony3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #1228
ludosc
Minors (Single A)

I've had both the custom lineups issues and other teams players showing up in my DL.

I've had random players show up in my rosters, including DL.

but the biggest problem, every time I try to save, the game crashes.

The game is currently unplayable for me
ludosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #1229
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

This is what my transactions screen looks like - check out the disabled list. I can't get past the second day of the season.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #1230
ludosc
Minors (Single A)

I've had the exact same player show up (Nolan Nichols). I only had him twice though. Some RP in his 30's with zero history and it said he'd retired in 2012 (I'm currently in 2019). Game crashes if I try to save or advance a day.

I am trying to install the previous patch at the moment to go back to something that works.

Last edited by ludosc; 05-28-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #1231
ludosc
Minors (Single A)

The download link for patch #4 isn't working...just wonderful
Old 05-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #1232
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludosc View Post
The download link for patch #4 isn't working...just wonderful
Not a bug, patch 4's download link was overwritten with the patch 5 link.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:34 AM   #1233
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

So for all of these duplicate players or mystery DL players, what actions exactly have you guys done that looks like it might have caused that? We haven't seen anything like that in our testing here so I'm interested to know what I can do to see that happen, and be able to prevent it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #1234
ludosc
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
So for all of these duplicate players or mystery DL players, what actions exactly have you guys done that looks like it might have caused that? We haven't seen anything like that in our testing here so I'm interested to know what I can do to see that happen, and be able to prevent it.
I didn't do anything out of the ordinary...just played as normal and they showed up. I tried deleting (in commissioner mode) both copies of that Nolan Nicholas player and it wouldn't delete him.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:53 AM   #1235
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Im not sure if this has been reported or is even a bug but currently when I am negotiating an extension with a player, my budget is not updating to reflect it. By that I mean the box on the bottom left has the same figure for "$ for extension" and "money left for extension if signed". Should the second figure not update to reflect the current offer??
Old 05-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #1236
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Trying to insert a custom lineup into the 7-day lineups is what is causing it for me.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #1237
thatguychap
Minors (Single A)

Facegen problems in Online League

I have a problem getting my facegens to pop up in my online leagues. I have AIO downloaded and installed it works fine in my offline leagues, but they wont work in my online league unless click on the player's profile. My settings are correct also. It just shows as grey hue in the player picture box until I actually click on the player profile. Help please.
thatguychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #1238
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

This player fired his agent because of no new deal, however, he refused to sign a deal with my team because he didn't want to work with my manager. The flavor text really doesn't make sense here in this situation. Maybe it would make sense if it wasn't the first day of free agency filings and was later on in offseason and he couldn't find a deal with a team.

Last edited by JamesMowery; 05-29-2015 at 04:33 PM.
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #1239
atl_braves
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_braves View Post
Trying to insert a custom lineup into the 7-day lineups is what is causing it for me.
I guess the workaround for this would be to load the custom lineup to your regular lineup screen (because there, the only negative effect - to my knowledge - is the mistaken error message) and then select "use current lineup" at the 7-day screen rather than loading custom lineups on that screen.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:18 PM   #1240
TLB1975
Major Leagues

Bug with owner goals. Prior to the season I was given the owner goal of "win it all". See screenshots below, where after winning the world series, the owner says I fell short of the goal.
Attached Images
Image Image 
TLB1975 is offline   Reply With Quote