Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #1201
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Hey guys,

In previous versions the commish password worked to log in with any GM login from the select Manager screen.

In this version when I select another GM and enter the commish password I get -You have entered the wrong Password

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
issue remains
This issue remains, see this thread.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...log-issue.html

I'd also like to note that when I imported my league from ootp15, I didn't have this issue. Since I can't get any feedback from anyone about their created league and this particular function, I have to believe it is a bug that needs addressed ASAP. I can't use the commish password to log in as other GM's and this can be a real problem in certain situations in any leagues I create with OOTP16 for use in online leagues
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 05-25-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #1202
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when trading players from the same level (98% of the time), the player that I traded for will go to my ROOKIE roster! Especially frustrating if I am trading for a MAJOR LEAGUE player!

Trading on the same level should have the traded players on that level, and not different ones!
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #1203
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

All-League team has type - it is All-Leagure

All-League team has type - it is All-Leagure
Old 05-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #1204
Drayjones007
Minors (Single A)

obj. files no longer work in game after the new patch.
Drayjones007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #1205
seven
All Star Reserve

I have noticed a number of times while playing out a game that a foul ball is described in the play by play as going to one side of the field (e.g., left) but it is caught by an infielder who plays the other side of the field (e.g., first-base man). I've captured the most recent instance in two screen shots, one showing the play by play and the field, and the other showing the game log. In this case, the foul was described as going to the left side, but was caught by the first-base man. The log records the catch as being made by the first-base man.
Attached Images
Attached Images
File Type: pdf log.pdf (437.7 KB, 46 views)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #1206
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

AL franchise records historically inaccurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Doesn't OOTP AL history still go back to 1882 vs 1901?

The American League was founded in 1901. All the other leagues (including the Western League) were separate and none of the records from any of the teams should carry over. Moreover, teams like the Cleveland Spiders (whose records are mixed up with the Indians) were National League franchises. AL franchises should have no stats prior to the AL inaugural year of 1901.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:08 AM   #1207
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
The American League was founded in 1901. All the other leagues (including the Western League) were separate and none of the records from any of the teams should carry over. Moreover, teams like the Cleveland Spiders (whose records are mixed up with the Indians) were National League franchises. AL franchises should have no stats prior to the AL inaugural year of 1901.
Spritze DB fixes this, for what that's worth.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #1208
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when trading players from the same level (98% of the time), the player that I traded for will go to my ROOKIE roster! Especially frustrating if I am trading for a MAJOR LEAGUE player!

Trading on the same level should have the traded players on that level, and not different ones!
All players acquired with minor league contracts are sent to the lowest-level minor league team. Not a bug, though major league players normally shouldn't have minor league contracts.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:30 AM   #1209
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
All players acquired with minor league contracts are sent to the lowest-level minor league team. Not a bug, though major league players normally shouldn't have minor league contracts.
I'll double check when I trade again, but pretty sure the ML players I traded for had ML contracts.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:02 AM   #1210
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeRol View Post
I am GM only, and want my Assistant GM to set up the minor leagues. This is how he does it. I want each of my teams to be fielding a roster of somewhere in the 20-30 range, but this guy leaves one roster completely blank. Most of the people at Short Season A have down arrows on them, so that's not the issue.

Is the Assistant GM set to fill the minors top-down? If so, why does he have 30 players on each of the higher teams instead of 25?

I desperately do not want to set up my own minors - this would not be remotely fun for me. But I also want my minor league system to work properly. What can I do?

Edit: It is midseason. Games are being played by all of my minor league teams. And the fact that Medford has an illegal number of players means I can't actually progress unless I manually set up my leagues.
As an emergency fix, turn ghost players on.

The 30 players thing I have no idea, but it could be something in the Stats & AI screen in League Setup.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #1211
MarkSC
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas718 View Post
Just installed the patch released this morning and played a couple of games. There was no ball flight on HRs and plays that had some variation of the word "line" in them ("line drive", "lined to...", "down the line"). Between the two games, I shut down OOTP and relaunched and noticed the same issue in the second game. Both games played in Camden Yards in 3D view.
Same issue for me. Historical league with 1980 Houston Astros. Happens in any ballpark with 3D view..
MarkSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #1212
Steve509
Minors (Double A)

I posted this earlier in this thread but I think it may have gotten over looked. In previous editions of the game, in the history index, players used to be highlighted light purple to indicate that the player made the Major Leagues, versus non-highlighted players who hadn't participated in the Majors. This was an excellent feature to help look back at drafts to see what players ended up being busts, and those who ended up being star players despite being drafted in the really late rounds.

As I mentioned earlier, this was a feature in previous games(it was present since OOTP 13 when I started playing), it did disappear shortly last year due to a bug, but it was fixed. I am hoping this feature wasn't discontinued, and if it is, I was wondering what the reasoning is behind it. If not, then I just hope it's a bug and a simple fix! I attached a screenshot of this version of the game.
Attached Images
Old 05-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #1213
TreeRol
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
As an emergency fix, turn ghost players on.

The 30 players thing I have no idea, but it could be something in the Stats & AI screen in League Setup.
All of the minors have "25, Limit is 0" under "Total Players on Roster." This is not changeable for me.

Active roster sizes have No Limit. Although now that I'm looking into it, I see that in real life, the minors do have roster limits. So I should change that and see what happens.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:43 PM   #1214
TreeRol
Bat Boy

Negotiation issue

Trying to sign some minor league free agents (after reducing roster sizes, a bunch became available - go figure). And I got this. Hey man, if you don't want to sign with me, just say it. But this is some BS.
Attached Images
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:33 AM   #1215
StickWillett
Minors (Single A)

I got the same results with the new patch #5 causing no HRs to be seen. I am in the 3D view and I was playing at the Diamond Backs stadium. Why does it always seem when all is good for what you enjoy in the game and along comes a game patch that fixes something unrelated and after patching it it messes up the good? I always have to keep my fingers crossed in every game on the market when a patch is required hoping all will be well again.................................

Is there a way to revert back to how the game was with patch #4 and no longer have to play this game under patch #5? It seems like the new version of the entire game that is now available automatically comes with patch #5 whether one wants it or not.........

Last edited by StickWillett; 05-27-2015 at 04:46 AM.
StickWillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:44 AM   #1216
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I'm assuming this is a bug. Had a veteran player on the 40 man roster but languishing in AA ball. I put him on waivers and DFA'd him to make room for a younger player. Once he cleared waivers I attempted to put him back in the minors and he "refused to be demoted" even though he wasn't being demoted.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #1217
s1c1l1anm0bst3r
Minors (Single A)

Unsure if this exactly was mentioned, but as of this patch there are many occasions when the ball goes nowhere in the 3D Model view. For example, I've seen players hit home runs, and the ball never leaves the plate. The attached picture is just one of many, many times.
Attached Images
s1c1l1anm0bst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #1218
Lando
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In all pitchers' HTML reports, FIP is expressed to 3 decimal points (ie, 3.142). It is typically, and more aesthetically pleasing IMO, to be shown to 2 decimal points, similar to ERA.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:58 AM   #1219
JamesMowery
Minors (Single A)

Having issues with text from the news or other descriptions being cut off. Running a 15" Macbook Pro with Retina, and I have my settings included.

News story blocked by the player info box. (This particular issue happens quite often with a myriad of news stories.)

Coach Personality & Style cut short.

My settings

Note: I'm using larger font sizes because the screen is almost unreadable on normal font size with the higher DPI displays, but OOTP devs have stated previously they don't have any intent on addressing high-DPI displays anytime soon, but I'm hoping that at least these issues will be addressed in the next patch.

Last edited by JamesMowery; 05-28-2015 at 02:09 AM.
JamesMowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:56 AM   #1220
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I'll double check when I trade again, but pretty sure the ML players I traded for had ML contracts.
Haven't checked on this yet, but to quantify something else.

The trading logic needs improvement.

Trading MiLB players, for example - I ALWAYS have players go to my Rookie roster, even though I made a trade in a higher level - it should not be this way.

Traded MiLB players should ALWAYS stay in the level they were traded from, IMHO.