Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:39 AM   #101
GoBucsGo
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Any acknowledgment for the facegen issue a bunch of us are seeing? I never knew the game could be so boring without player faces
GoBucsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:05 AM   #102
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucsGo View Post
Any acknowledgment for the facegen issue a bunch of us are seeing? I never knew the game could be so boring without player faces
We'll create a seperate post about this. For now I suggest toying around with the 3D options in the game settings dialog, 3D tab.

OOTP 16 uses a more modern version of OpenGL (for FaceGen & 3D), and this does not work with a tiny number of very old PCs. It should work well on every normal system, though. We're investigating and will ask for help in a seperate thread later today.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:05 AM   #103
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Game suspended due to rain and scheduled to resume the following day. When game resumes, both teams starting pitchers are still pitching.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 AM   #104
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Game suspended due to rain and scheduled to resume the following day. When game resumes, both teams starting pitchers are still pitching.
I've put this on my list, however this on is a tough fix, probably will take a while.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:12 AM   #105
Grafton19
Major Leagues

I am in May in 2 leagues with the draft list set at post them 100 days before draft and the list is no where to be found

Both leagues are 2015 quick starts
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #106
sprague
All Star Starter

Just wondering if my post on page 1 about incorrect fielding experience for all game generator 21 year olds was noticed.
Means no draft or free agent players can enter a fictional game without manual adjustment.
Thanks
I can post a screen shot if neeed.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:26 AM   #107
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
I am in May in 2 leagues with the draft list set at post them 100 days before draft and the list is no where to be found

Both leagues are 2015 quick starts
Probably when you changed the option when the draft was within 100 days already, hence it does not show. I suggest setting it to 15 (or similar) now, and then to 100 once the offseason starts,
Old 03-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #108
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Just wondering if my post on page 1 about incorrect fielding experience for all game generator 21 year olds was noticed.
Means no draft or free agent players can enter a fictional game without manual adjustment.
Thanks
I can post a screen shot if neeed.
I fixed the experience. But I do not understand what this has to do with the draft or free agents? This works normal here and always has.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:32 AM   #109
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwa1430 View Post
Cannot switch to "Windows" mode in Windows 8.1. It stays in "Fullscreen" mode. If I tab to a different program, I cannot get back into OOTP16 and need to close and reboot. Very frustrating.
This only happens on very small screens, at least that's how it should work. If there is not enough screen estate to have a windowed mode the game automatically uses the fullscreen mode.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:33 AM   #110
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
Just as a heads up, the winning prob in played out games go to 1.0% for the batting team and 99% for the fielding, no matter what the score.
I cannot reproduce this here. On what system are you?
Old 03-21-2015, 06:37 AM   #111
Grafton19
Major Leagues

One more thing because I have been playing with it and someone else wrote a ticket for me

Is playing GM the cause of when you change mgr strategy team strategy doesn't change? The ask the coach option is there for the minor league guys and the switches made will be done correct, but on GM mode it won't change them on team strategy, but will in his manager profile
Old 03-21-2015, 06:39 AM   #112
cdidman
Minors (Single A)

Bullpen issue

Never saw this in previous versions, so just wondering if this is some sort of bug. I put a reliever in the pen to warm up during my at bat (like always) and my team had a 5 run inning. I went to put this pitcher in at the bottom half of the inning and it reads for him "tiring". This is a spring training game, but is this a bug or is this something new? I've never seen this before and if this is new, can we get rid of this? A pitcher would not continue to pitch in the pen to tire himself out, they call in that they are ready and stop throwing.
cdidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:42 AM   #113
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdidman View Post
Never saw this in previous versions, so just wondering if this is some sort of bug. I put a reliever in the pen to warm up during my at bat (like always) and my team had a 5 run inning. I went to put this pitcher in at the bottom half of the inning and it reads for him "tiring". This is a spring training game, but is this a bug or is this something new? I've never seen this before and if this is new, can we get rid of this? A pitcher would not continue to pitch in the pen to tire himself out, they call in that they are ready and stop throwing.
This is intentional behaviour. You cannot warm up your relievers forever now, they start tiring after 40 warmup pitches.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #114
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
One more thing because I have been playing with it and someone else wrote a ticket for me

Is playing GM the cause of when you change mgr strategy team strategy doesn't change? The ask the coach option is there for the minor league guys and the switches made will be done correct, but on GM mode it won't change them on team strategy, but will in his manager profile
I do not understand your description. What does "when you change mgr strategy" mean? Change where? Coach editor?
Old 03-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #115
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Yes in Coach Editor

When I go in and change strategy in edit. It will make the changes on that coaches page, but the team strategy in GM mode will not change. When I do the same for my minor league teams and have the option to ask coach. The changes are made both in his coaching profile and team strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I do not understand your description. What does "when you change mgr strategy" mean? Change where? Coach editor?
Old 03-21-2015, 06:52 AM   #116
billgliwa
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game crashes guys will when I try to play as a manager

If I just simulate the games, they play fine. Once I try to play it in manager mode and play individual game myself, it states that it has encountered an irrecoverable error and crashes. This has happened every time so far. Since 10pm last night, that makes 8 times. Kind of frustrated now.
billgliwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:57 AM   #117
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
Playing on an 11-inch macbook air (OSX 10.10.2) and I cannot get windowed mode to work. When I change the settings either nothing changes (when restarting the game or in the moment) or the game crashes.
Set your dock to auto-hide, please.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-21-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:59 AM   #118
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Yes in Coach Editor

When I go in and change strategy in edit. It will make the changes on that coaches page, but the team strategy in GM mode will not change. When I do the same for my minor league teams and have the option to ask coach. The changes are made both in his coaching profile and team strategy
OK, fixed. That "Ask for strategy" button will be visible in the next patch.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #119
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgliwa View Post
If I just simulate the games, they play fine. Once I try to play it in manager mode and play individual game myself, it states that it has encountered an irrecoverable error and crashes. This has happened every time so far. Since 10pm last night, that makes 8 times. Kind of frustrated now.
Please go to the game settings dialog (File Menu -> Settings), 3D & Facegen tab and disable 3D features while we're working on a fix.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-21-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #120
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyoeddie View Post
Playing on Mac...

ALCS sim'd fully, NLCS never started; hence no World Series.

Game went into post-season mode on the right date, though.
Did you change any settings when starting this game?