Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Canada: Every Prov/Terr. as a Nation Mod

I've been working on creating a mod which has every Canadian province and territory as it's own stand alone nation. So far I have all cities over pop of 1000(with the exception of the territories which need a min of 6 cities in the game) and flags completed. The mod loads up fine in the game. I also included Canada as a nation with no cities so that you can select Canada as the home nation of your league and then set the foreign player percentage to 100% so that all the players come from the "Provincial Countries". It seems to work pretty good.

I haven't put much effort into setting up the ethnicities or names... that's next on the agenda.

Anyone interested in this(or helping out )?

Screenshot:

Last edited by Ktulu; 09-22-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Added screen
Ktulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
Dogzilla
Major Leagues

I did the Provincial flags a while back, they're a bit more 3-dimensional and mimic the style of other OOTP flags.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=125030
Dogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
treedom
Hall Of Famer

Looks good. One thing, though. You misspelled 'Nunavut'.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Jpotapoff
Minors (Double A)

I think that's cool. I'm not sure if I would ever use it (despite the fact i'm Canadian and I would like to a Canadian based sim one of these days). But it's a neat idea and would like to see it completed.
Jpotapoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:37 AM   #5
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Was this ever finished at all?
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

I was looking at adding AB, BC, MB, ON, and QC (maybe SASK) to my United Stated Regions, Divisions and States mod. The 5 provinces would be added like 5 states, all 5 would compromise a North Region and I would have an Eastern and Western Division to the North Region (or 3 divisions if I use all 10 Provinces). See my RDS mod and you will see that this fits in nicely. If enough interest I would add the other 5 provinces but the territories would not be a good idea to add. If I add the other 5 provinces I would change the region and division breakdown. With all 10 Provinces I would still have just the North Region but I would have a East Division that includes QUE, NB, NL, NS and PEI. A Central Division of ON, MAN and SASK. A Western Division of ALTA and BC.

The only thing that I did not like was ethnical breakdown. I was going to give Quebec a low baseball skill rating and use their actual French Origin with some Anglo first names set in to have names with an Anglo or modern first name and a French last name. With the other provinces I was going to use basically the census break down among the caucasion, black and hispanic ethnic groups but this would produce almost all white players. Also Quebec is basically 35% French names but the other provinces are very light on the French names with Ontario being the next highest at about 8% French. I did not know what to do with the asian population which is pretty strong in some provinces in Canada, but thought that in those provinces I could use Caucasion and a tad of Chinese.

Any ideas and would anyone be interested if I put this in the RDS mod? I would make it useable for those who want a Canada or Province only dataset but also so that it would be good for a North American dataset also.

BTW I was also looking at adding the Mexican states and creating the database as an ALL North American set. What do you think???

It would only take me about 3 days to put together a Canadian addition to my RDS, but I don't want to do it separate of the RDS mod that I already have created. Also I don't think that there will be a need to have any Province but the big 5 due to the population or lack of population of the other provinces..... Looking for ideas....

Also I have modified the RDS to have separate folders for ALL, Regions, Divisions and States (4 different folders) so that all you need to copy is the main files from the root folder and then the cities, nations and weather from the type of league you are doing....

Here is the source that I would be using: http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/demo26a.htm

I would not be breaking all the Euro into different lists, but simply using Caucasion, French, and Chinese namesets.......

Last edited by SandMan; 12-30-2007 at 05:33 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'm thinking about getting back on this. What I have worked really good in a league I played for a dozen seasons or so, it was only the smaller details that were a little lacking.

Right now I need to work on the ethnicities and names (currently it is setup very roughly using very basic info from wikipedia), weather data and city coordinates(right now each city is set at the coordinates of the rough centre of each province).

Is anyone interested in helping to compile some of the weather and coordinates data, or making suggestions on how the names and ethnicities should be setup?