Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #41
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TT #3633 - Check for updates

Verified

Takes you right to SI's update page for OOTP
Nick0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #42
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Uh oh! Had my first crash when trying to verify TT #3675 (Adding leagues to existing leagues). It appears to be reproducable. Start a standard fictional league and start the game, before you move ahead from Jan 1st, go to league setup > add league > create historical league (it doesn't matter what year you choose). It will start to load the database, but crash before it finishes.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #43
Kaitiaki
Hall Of Famer

The folllowing are all updated. I'll take care of everything else between there and this post a bit later on today.

- Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_ends View Post
TT #3787 (build 57: ctd when clicking on team's player ratings report)
I - Cannot Reproduce

Note:
Not sure I'm clicking the right thing here, but I think I am. From the Home Page of each team I clicked on "Ratings" which brings up the ratings report. 24 teams... clicked on this report 4 times per team over 4 seasons (96 clicks total). No problems, report came up as expected each time.
Quote:
TT #3773 (Copy depth charts!)

Verified fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley575 View Post
TT #469 (Schedule error when restarting league)

I-Cannot Reproduce

Followed the steps listed. Attempted several times. Issue did not occur. Schedule shows just fine when accessing from "Recent-League Schedule." Date is correct and day's games are listed properly.
Quote:
TT #3764 (Too many crashes in v56)
I - Cannot Reproduce (well, maybe)

Note:
I've experienced similar types of crashes but... very rare, and you cannot reproduce just because you want to. OOTP2007 has crashed on me probably 6 times when playing out a game at totally random times. From the lineup screen just before you start a game I simply wanted to substitute a starting player already in the lineup with a bench player for example. Crash. Very very rare though, maybe 6 times in around 1,000 games.

I've had it crash when exiting the game a couple of times (I think because of low resources). I've exited hundreds of times, it crashed maybe twice and in each case no data (I know of) was lost.
Quote:
TT #3727 (Some filters are disappearing)

Verified fixed (?)

Note:
There is no way to truly know for sure this is fixed or if it is even a problem. It is not a problem right now, I can verify that. I've seen it happen a couple of times at random out of thousands of games in the past. At that time I simply closed and re-opened the game and the filter reappeared for whatever reason. I have not seen it happen in months now however.
Quote:
TT #3715 (Non-Playoff Teams Allowed to Keep Expanded Rosters Through Next Spring Training)

Fixed Verified (READ NOTE)

Note:
Indeed, as advertised the rosters are cut to 25 at the end of the regular season. However, this is going to catch some OOTP'ers off guard the way it occurs. If you are the Manager/GM of a team you must reduce your roster after your last regular season game is complete but before you advance to the next day! If you do not your roster will be reduced to 25 auto by the AI when you advance to the next day (the day after the regular season ends). Perhaps you want to consider allowing a 1 day advancement before rosters are cut?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley575 View Post
TT#3794 Scout nation available with hidden players off.

Fix Verified.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #44
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0508 View Post
Uh oh! Had my first crash when trying to verify TT #3675 (Adding leagues to existing leagues). It appears to be reproducable. Start a standard fictional league and start the game, before you move ahead from Jan 1st, go to league setup > add league > create historical league (it doesn't matter what year you choose). It will start to load the database, but crash before it finishes.
I'm thinking that TT #3696 goes hand-in-hand with TT #3675
Old 08-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #45
cbbl
All Star Starter

Reproduced TT#3391

Moved from it's own thread per request ...

RE: TT#3391

I sought to reproduce it BEFORE applying the new patch. I'll give you the details here, and then apply the patch and try to reproduce it again if requested.

1. AA League listed as "All Levels" (v. 2.02.53)

SETUP: Fictional league with one level of minors (AAA)

I set-up and simmed one year. On 1/1 of Year 2, I added two additional levels of minors -- a AA level and a A level. I simmed to the preseason, allowing the AI to make all moves. The transaction report shows movement to "ALL LEVELS" for any moves to either the AA or A teams.

I have this league file saved and have not yet applied the patch. Developers, please advise on my next step. I can send the league file, post screen shots, upgrade to the beta patch and try again, etc.

cbbl
<!-- / message -->
cbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #46
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TT #3706 - Too many young players in draft

I set up a league with a 20 round draft (320 players total). These are my results of simming with this league. It seems to be lower than in the original report, but I'm wondering if it's not still too high. Opinions? Should I run my test longer? (I would have, but I'm out the door in about five minutes )
Attached Images
Old 08-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #47
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitiaki View Post
This is not necessarily correct. Contract extensions consider the financial situation for next year - logically enough, since that's when they're going to be paid out. If you have several players signed to escalating contracts, or expected to get raises through arbitration, then it is entirely possible for a team to have less available money for next year than for this year. There's certainly no reason why available money for next year must be exactly equal to available money for a free agent (i.e., for a contract being paid this year).
Do you still have the team's Player Salaries report from the same time as these other screenshots? That would help in determining whether a rising payroll is the explanation for the reduction in available money.
- Kai
Thanks. I can tell you that arbitration is turned off in this league so the only issue would be the escalated salaries. It looks like this bug is still in the game because here are the MLB contracts for the team in the screenshots:
http://www.downsidedown.com/news/htm...ry_report.html

Note that the game does not display all contracted players on that screen (just the MLB lineup players are on it) and the player salaries screen for the minor league teams is unfortunately not generated by the game. I'll check if there are minor league players with contracts later tonight and reply to this thread at that time.

BTW, if what you say is accurate then wouldn't that mean that OOTP 2007 allows you to sign free agents that you won't be able to afford in the following season? Example related to me screen shots: The AI owner allows me to spend 18.65 mil on free agents so I can sign a guy for a 4 year 18.65 mil/yr contract. If my allowable budget for next season has only 7.16 million remaining as you suggest with the contract extensions, then on one screen the game allows an owner to go at least 10 million over what they are allowed to spend on another screen. Seems to me at least:-|.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #48
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
TT #3706 - Too many young players in draft

I set up a league with a 20 round draft (320 players total). These are my results of simming with this league. It seems to be lower than in the original report, but I'm wondering if it's not still too high. Opinions? Should I run my test longer? (I would have, but I'm out the door in about five minutes )
Not being a smartass here, but I don't get your chart, unless you're saying the game is creating a bunch of 1-14-year olds.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #49
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3584 (Houston Colt .45's have City and Nickname Issues)
C. Developer Claim Fixed

Note:
I've been using the name Houston Colt .45's since the release of OOTP2007. By simply entering the name as pictured below it displays everywhere just fine. Not sure what the problem is? I'm not understanding the TT properly I guess.
Attached Images
never_ends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #50
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3432 (Unable to get Modern Day Stats)
I - Cannot Reproduce

Note:
HR ???? Anyone who buys this game should already know you can customize it anyway you want to. After running what seems like a million test leagues I dialed in pretty close to what I wanted, perhaps to many HR's! Stats below are from a 120 year old league. Perhaps the TT'er needs to experiment with settings to realize the numbers he wants to see?

The one thing here to know is this, HR totals vary during a sim. For 20 years you will have guys clubbing them in ridiculous numbers, then for 20 years you'll have guys leading the league with 39. Player creation seems to (obviously?) control this. That is OOTP2007!
Attached Images

Last edited by never_ends; 08-13-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #51
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

TT1001 is not an issue. Markus explained that the problem only shows up in the PBP text file when debugging is turned on. It does NOT show up in the PBP during the game.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #52
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Not being a smartass here, but I don't get your chart, unless you're saying the game is creating a bunch of 1-14-year olds.
Think that's 1-14 seasons continually making about 30% of players 16 and 17 years old. Does seem wrong to me, especially since a vast majority of 16 and 17 year olds should still be a Junior or Senior in high school still.

Is this some odd problem with feeder leagues? How is anyone getting drafted at 16? At best they're a Junior in high school.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #53
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Sorry Battists, I guess I should have explained it more before I ran out the door. The first number is the test #. I only had time to run it 14 times, so you see the results of tests 1 through 14. The second number is the amount of 16/17 year olds generated in that draft (out of the 320 players). The third column is the percentage of 16/17 year olds being generated by the game. Hope this clears up any confusion!

Nick

(Also, I'm not using any feeder leagues)

Last edited by Nick0508; 08-13-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #54
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
C. Developer Claim Fixed

Note:
I've been using the name Houston Colt .45's since the release of OOTP2007. By simply entering the name as pictured below it displays everywhere just fine. Not sure what the problem is? I'm not understanding the TT properly I guess.
I believe it has to do with importing a historical league and how the game automatically assigns the name when the .45's are established in '62.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #55
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I believe it has to do with importing a historical league and how the game automatically assigns the name when the .45's are established in '62.
Ah, ok. I have not imported historical. It looks like you have so best I back out of this one!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #56
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Ah, ok. I have not imported historical. It looks like you have so best I back out of this one!
Hey, an extra set of eyes never hurt anything!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #57
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry Battists, I guess I should have explained it more before I ran out the door. The first number is the test #. I only had time to run it 14 times, so you see the results of tests 1 through 14. The second number is the amount of 16/17 year olds generated in that draft (out of the 320 players). The third column is the percentage of 16/17 year olds being generated by the game. Hope this clears up any confusion!

Nick

(Also, I'm not using any feeder leagues)
I hadn't noticed this before. My league just hit the draft so I took a look... out of 748 players created, 256 were 16/17 (128 16 year olds). It shouldn't be creating 16 year olds for the draft at all, or possibly the very very rarest of 16 year olds. Unless they skipped a grade there's no way a 16 year old graduates high school. Even if they were all 17 it's probably too many.

Definitely needs to be regressed, and I can't do it (it's been closed).

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)

Last edited by tysok; 08-13-2007 at 05:46 PM.
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #58
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3304 (Make "Refuse Assignment' and option)
Fixed Verified

Note:
Some instruction on where this feature is located would probably be helpful to the OOTP'ers as I could not find it initially when I went to test it. Thanks to Killebrew I eventually did find the location of the feature and it works just fine.

Last edited by never_ends; 08-13-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #59
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
TT #3304 (Make "Refuse Assignment' and option)
Regressed

Note:
Others need to look at this one, I might be doing something wrong as it is apparently suppose to work.

I selected a team to Manage/GM in non-commish mode, 6 players refused to be demoted on this team. I then enabled Commish Mode, the very same 6 players refused to be demoted. I tried to demote from the Transactions screen and by right clicking on the player in the Lineups & Depth Chart screen and Pitching screen. I then closed the game and re-started it. Same results. I know of no other way to demote the player so I am lost on this one.

Update:
Still messin' with this one. Opened player file, still could find no way to demote. TT mentions "Stand Alone Option", I simply do not see this anywhere either. Sorry, I give up on this one!
I think it's under the rules tab in the league setup - it's a checkbox that you have to check for the game to skip the 'refuse assignments' result. I tested it yesterday and it did work.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #60
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
C. Developer Claim Fixed

Note:
To test this I think you have to start a MLB season before the team existed, then sim forward to see if OOTP creates the franchise. I believe Houston began in 1962, if that is accurate you'd start a MLB historical season in 1961 and sim forward a year to see if the game created the Houston Colt 45's.