Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 02-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #181
rewc27
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
a word to the wise - if you're going to be a Commish, make sure you

1. actually have version 6.5. you can not sim the game, process any transactions or pretty much do anything without it.

2. have thick skin and don't take criticism by league owners too personal, with the result being you announce you are quitting as Commish two (2) times within the first couple of weeks of starting the league. see, it tends to have a negative effect on people and they start to lose trust in the league rather early.

3. don't start creating a side league/new league, and try to recruit members for that league when the league you're currently supposed to be a Commish for isn't yet established. people want to see that their Commish is commited and focused on *their* league, rather than seeing their Commish pimp a separate league. especially don't do this if you can't even keep the front page content fresh.

4. continually introduce new ideas with complicated procedures, especially once the league has already started. also, when people say they don't like your ideas don't throw a hissy fit and threaten to step down as Commish. see item #2 for more clarification (regarding having a thick skin).

if the commish would have shown half the interest in doing a good job with this now defunct league as he's showing with his new league, this now defunct league would still be around. as i said in my initial post - if this doesn't work out then doing single player is no prob for me. i'm growing sour on MP leagues as it is.

thanks to everyone who shown interest in this league. successful leagues require good timing, a good collection of owners and most importantly solid league leadership. without those three any league is doomed from the start. we'll always have Paris.
Also as a GM of this league and commish of another, I would like to add.....
5) have your rules set and ready to go before you start the league. This was a fiasco from the start as the rules weren't instituted before starting therefore you had everyone fighting over the way things should be run. I believe in listening to your GM's about potential changes, but you're not going to get 30 GM's to agree on every rule.

I missed the last few days of the league so I still dont know why it folded so quickly. Going through 3 commishes before the first season is halfway over was a good indication that the league was doomed. I will thank all the Commishes that tried to make it work as I can appreciate the time and effort it takes to make a league work. This league really seemed to have some potential and it is a shame that it failed

Now Defunct Arcanum league - Phillies 1934 World Series Champs

Commish of the long time running (now defunct) UMBL.

Real Estate Needs
www.randysellsyourhome.com
rewc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #182
jaykno14
Major Leagues

Is there a link for the league site? I'd like to check this league out.
jaykno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #183
jf7623
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykno14
Is there a link for the league site? I'd like to check this league out.
the site has been take off by the person who was paying for it
jf7623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #184
jf7623
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
It is me again your former GMBA commish and I come to you with a brand new league I am coming up with. I got the idea from the BPAL league I am currently in. Basically the league will feature some of the best 450 players from past and present baseball. All the players are already in a lg file. I am attaching the read me so you can see how the database was created. The league I am right now is pretty fun and I think we can make a fun league as well.

So with that, are you interested in joining something like this? Basically, the league will be 10 teams, 5 in each league and the top 2 teams in each league will face off for the league crown and then the winners would face off in the World Series.

The draft would take place on the forums as I am in no hurry to start simming. We would draft for 45 rounds and that means all 450 players would be drafted.

All the members of the GMBA were sent the above. Right now I have 3 spots taken, that is including myself.

Okay everyone I have put up a website. Many things on it still are not working, but I just wanted to get something going for now and give you the chance to see what teams are going to be used for the league and the 450 players that are available to be drafted.

So the website is: http://community.ncaabl.net/

You will want to click on the “OOTP Reports” link at the top and then click on Free Agents and you will see who is there. So many great players. Right now I have heard back from 2 of you that are interested, so counting me that is 3 and we just need 7 more people to get interested. I really have worked on the rules for the league, cause frankly there won’t be many, but to say there won’t be any, cause there will, but right now I don’t think that is very important.

So let me know if you have any questions are you are interested in joining up. Thanks
jf7623 is offline   Reply With Quote