Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #21
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleEye_0
Guys, I would love to sign up for this league. Also, I noticed you guys are on geocities. I might be able to help out and give you some webspace. I also might be willing to help out on web design if you guys are interested.
Dan,

That sounds awesome! Thank you. I'll send you an e-mail right away.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #22
Karen Lutz
Ball Breaker

Quote:
Originally posted by kq76
I tried to make sure that I invited everyone that I had e-mails for. I did not want anyone we knew to be upset that they found out too late and did not get a chance to apply.

You will also notice that I kept the e-mails bcc (blind carbon copy) to protect everyone's privacy and I noted that it was a one time notice only. If anyone is upset about receiving the notice, I apologize, it will not happen again.
I have no problem with it, I was just curious..... how did I get on the mailing list? I am the worst GM in the world!
Karen Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:47 PM   #23
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen Lutz
I have no problem with it, I was just curious..... how did I get on the mailing list? I am the worst GM in the world!
I think it was because:

a) you're female
b) you're Canadian, and
c) you won a championship recently.

.. and in that order of importance too.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:09 PM   #24
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Quote:
I think it was because:

a) you're female
b) you're Canadian, and
c) you won a championship recently.

.. and in that order of importance too.

You forgot to mention -- d) you're probably white
Michael Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:24 PM   #25
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Xavier
You forgot to mention -- d) you're probably white
You know, your app blew me away it was so good, but if you really are going to be a pain in the ass like you said you would be, then..

Seriously though, I don't want this to turn into a black and white thing (I guess I should change that banner..). My hope is that we do have at least a few black members (I only know of blackamus for sure, but I don't think he plays in online leagues), but it really doesn't matter. The league is much more about a world with a culture that most of us are not familiar with than it is to do with black and white. I realize you're just playfully hassling us, but I just want to make it clear to anyone who might not see that.

On a brighter note. I've talked to eagleeye and he has been kind enough to lend us his powweb account (from what I've heard, they are a very reliable host), until we get on the OOTP server. Why the insistence on getting on the OOTP server? We want everyone to feel very secure in that the site will never go down. And if OOTP's server does ever go down, well it won't be us that the problem will be with. I'll post the new address as soon as we get it setup.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #26
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Thanks for the kind words there Kieran. Yes, I am only picking. But seeing that I may hurt your league's image, I will stop.

*Mental note to self -- no more picking on the whities that want to fantasize about owning native Africans.*

I'm going back to running down the leagues that I am in, where I am not only appreciated, but occasionally welcomed. But its going to be hard, because I've already criticized nearly everything I dislike in those leagues.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:15 PM   #27
marc
Hall Of Famer

I would apply but I have just found out that I won't have any freaking internet access over winter break! So that would not be good to miss the first 3 real-time weeks of the inagural season.

marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:15 PM   #28
kq76
Global Moderator

Ok, the league is up at Dan's site now, at www.simrc.net/kbl. I'll ask Eric to change the address in his post when he next gets a chance.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:28 PM   #29
potatoman
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
kq u get my app?

New Jersey Nighthawks (1227-717)

Last 5 seasons

2011: 118-44
2012: 100-62
2013: 111-51
2014: 106-56
2015: 108-54

OTBA Champions: 2008, 2010,2011
potatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:33 PM   #30
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by potatoman
kq u get my app?
Yes, I did, sorry. I'm just trying to communicate with a number of people right now and my e-mails have stopped going through (I'm still getting them, mine are just not sending). We won't be deciding on anyone for 3 days like we said, so if anyone thinks it might be too late, it's not. You have at least 3 days.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:39 PM   #31
neef
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I changed the website link on the first post to www.simrc.net/kbl/. Thanks Dan for helping us out!
neef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:39 PM   #32
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter

This league looks to be a great one and I for one am very excited about it.

For anyone worried about the host, the KBL can stay on my host as long as it needs to. As Kieran said though, the ootp leagues server is preferred.
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:59 PM   #33
kq76
Global Moderator

Well guys, I have to get going for awhile. I'm going to leave my computer on though and hopefully those replies will send on their own. And thanks to everyone! It looks like we're going to have a great time with this.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:39 PM   #34
neef
Minors (Rookie Ball)

We're starting to fill up but need some more GMs.
neef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 08:45 AM   #35
kq76
Global Moderator

To those who have applied, you should receive an e-mail later on today sometime (Tuesday, the 2nd).

We still have some open spots though, so keep those apps coming.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:00 PM   #36
EagleEye_0
All Star Starter

I havnt been this excited about a league in a while. This one is a keeper and should be a lot of fun. As kq said, there's still some spots left, so get those apps in .

Last edited by EagleEye_0; 12-02-2003 at 08:16 PM.
EagleEye_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 08:02 PM   #37
kq76
Global Moderator

Ok, all those who've applied should have received an e-mail by now. If you have applied, but have not received a reply from me today, then please post a reply here.

Spots still open.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:21 PM   #38
JDScorch
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
You know, your app blew me away it was so good, but if you really are going to be a pain in the ass like you said you would be, then..
Kieran, you let Michael into your league! Be sure Joe Nuxhall is on his roster(I know it's a fictional league), or there is sure to be a controversy. Don't say you weren't warned.
JDScorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 11:43 PM   #39
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Hey, stop running me down Trader Jim. The Joe Nuxhall Controversy vitalized the league. You need to get over my seeing through your scamming trade offers, my opposing your relocation of the New York Giants to Minnesota, and my opposing the league being divided into divisions. Can I help it, if I am the only decent, principle-minded, true-hearted purist in So'49?

You and your ilk have sold your souls to the Dark Lord, our league's commissioner. I stand on the solid rock of close-minded, clinch-jawed baseball purism.

Also, I am still upset with you for screwing me out of the 1952 pennant!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:10 AM   #40
JDScorch
Minors (Triple A)

Ahhh yes revitalized the league it did indeed, in fact things have been pretty silent in SO49 the last month or so, there must be something to cause a stir about isn't there? Maybe it's time for another expansion, or interleague play, or wildcard, yeah wildcards(I'm just kidding of course, I hate interleague play and wild cards as much as you do, expansion I look forward to though)...

On a side note, screwing you out of the '52 pennant, was hardly my fault when you let the aging Sid Gordon hit a winning HR against your squad, I forget that pitchers name, but didn't he get run out of Cincy? Hey, I even offered to trade you Sid the next year, I thought that was mighty sporting of me.
JDScorch is offline   Reply With Quote