Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
reme
Minors (Single A)

AI controlled GM

I posted this in the OOTP 19 forum being that is the game i play and it was suggested to post it here as this forum is the current one.

Is there anyway to know when playing in manager only mode, if your AI controlled GM has pending trades or free agent signings for your team? The pending tab in the free agent and trade tabs on both of those items shows that info when i play as a user controlled GM, but, will it also show any pending trades or potential free agent signings for my team from my AI controlled GM ?

Thanks for any help !
reme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
dodger300
Minors (Triple A)

Yes go to mlb drop down to reports&info, select free agents. There is a pending offers tab in free agent screen.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
reme
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger300 View Post
Yes go to mlb drop down to reports&info, select free agents. There is a pending offers tab in free agent screen.

Thanks for the response. I did check that tab when i was the user controlled GM to see the status of the offers. Did not know if it would show any pending free agent offers from my AI controlled GM when playing as manager only.

Thanks again for the response !!
Old 06-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
DaBears
Major Leagues

Yes, it will. There is no way to see pending trades. You only know about them when the email shows up after simming to tomorrow. I would love to see them improve communication with the AI GM to where you could really play manager-only mode and yet have a level of influence like any MLB manager does - or at least what they did until a few years back.

I guess there just aren’t enough people doing manager-only to make it worth the time.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #5
reme
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
Yes, it will. There is no way to see pending trades. You only know about them when the email shows up after simming to tomorrow. I would love to see them improve communication with the AI GM to where you could really play manager-only mode and yet have a level of influence like any MLB manager does - or at least what they did until a few years back.

I guess there just aren’t enough people doing manager-only to make it worth the time.

Thanks for the info. I was actually playing as GM only and delegated the roster control under the GM option page to the AI GM to see how the ai would handle my team. The AI GM made a trade, which wasn't a bad trade. When i was gm i could check and see the status of pending trades i was making under the pending tab on the league trade screen and that got me wondering if i could have seen the pending AI GM trade if i had just randomly checked that tab.

thanks again for the response !