Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
CamDoy
Bat Boy

Height/weight wrong for many players

I’ve only looked through the Padres organization but I’ve noticed that many player’s height and weight are wrong. For example both Manny Machado and Fernando Tatis are listed at 185 when in actuality Manny is 215 and Tatis is about 220. Also Fernando is 6’4 instead of 6’3 which I believe is what OOTP has him as. This is the case for many other players, not just those 2.
CamDoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDoy View Post
I’ve only looked through the Padres organization but I’ve noticed that many player’s height and weight are wrong. For example both Manny Machado and Fernando Tatis are listed at 185 when in actuality Manny is 215 and Tatis is about 220. Also Fernando is 6’4 instead of 6’3 which I believe is what OOTP has him as. This is the case for many other players, not just those 2.
A lot of this stuff is really hard to get right. You have listed official weights (which are typically super wrong, look at Vlad Jr's recent listed weights for instance), then what players actually weigh and then some weights in between reported by other media outlets.

Tatis is listed at 6'3 185 by MLB for instance. And most everywhere else for that matter. I'm sure that isn't right and is actually much closer to what you list though.

Plus these all seem to change around the beginning of the new season, so we then have to collect and update everything.

It's like trying to nail Jello to a tree to get the heights and weights right. We're always updating things though, so you'll likely see this change over the course of the year.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-19-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote