Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
ignats75
Minors (Triple A)

I'm Already Done With Perfect Team

I posted in the Bugs Forum, but I'm going to mention it here. I just invested time AND MONEY on Perfect Team; only to discover that it doesn't even work correctly. I AM PISSED. I spent a whole day learning the system, buying extra cards and preparing for a Monday league Launch. I saved/submitted all my work and left for church. I came back, rre-logged in and discovered that the AI completely wiped out my work and rearranged my roster and lineups.

I said some very unchurch-like things to my computer about OOTP and PT. I guess, I'll write off the extra money as a poor investment and forget about this company. Or, file a complaint with Visa and get a refund for deceptive trade practices.
ignats75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignats75 View Post
I posted in the Bugs Forum, but I'm going to mention it here. I just invested time AND MONEY on Perfect Team; only to discover that it doesn't even work correctly. I AM PISSED. I spent a whole day learning the system, buying extra cards and preparing for a Monday league Launch. I saved/submitted all my work and left for church. I came back, rre-logged in and discovered that the AI completely wiped out my work and rearranged my roster and lineups.

I said some very unchurch-like things to my computer about OOTP and PT. I guess, I'll write off the extra money as a poor investment and forget about this company. Or, file a complaint with Visa and get a refund for deceptive trade practices.
Another satisfied customer!
Old 02-03-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
Charley575
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Ok...
I have experienced the issue that you are reporting. I have 3 Perfect Teams. When I started my second one, I had this issue where I opened all my starter packs and set my roster, etc. only to discover upon logging back in that several players had been moved to the reserve roster without my having done it, etc.
I don't know why it happened. Unexplained issue.
It actually did this to me a couple of times before the problem resolved. I don't know if any of the actions I took resolved the problem or not, but it did resolve. Unexplained resolution.

Having said all of that, here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Most obviously, go into your profile settings and make sure all the control settings are set for you and not the AI. This wasn't my issue and it may not be yours either but its an obvious base you want to have covered before you fly off the handle.

2. I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I have gotten into the habit of making sure I click "Submit Team" right before I quit. I also go back to the OOTP home screen and "Log Out" of PT before quitting the game. I haven't had any issues since I started doing this.

So try those things before you overreact. Good luck.
Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i haven't bothered with it, but #2 sounds like a likely culprit relative to context. if you do things that are in cache and not saved yet, it's lost when you close the program or browser etc. since there's a interent connection invovled, this cache can be lost, easily for all sorts of reasons.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:53 PM   #5
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Post a bug report in this sub-forum if you haven't already done so http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3952

Also, look through other bug reports to see if anybody else has encountered a similar issue.

Finally, you'll get more responses/discussion if you post within the Perfect Team forum area: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3944

My suspicion is that you have some things set to AI control rather than your control as per Charley575's post

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Don't you play the original part of the game ??? I do not play PT and admittedly haven't tried YET. As I am too engrossed in the game right now to even try YET. The cornerstone game is a game so addicting that I haven't stopped playing it since early 2001. My point is do not give up on the game that easily
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #7
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Hey Ignats75,

Sorry to hear the AI did the reset glitch on your team. The Monday promotion/relegation tends to be the time that happens the most and the devs have been alerted to the issue becoming a glitch that happens. I'll add you to my list i'm compiling for "reset teams".

In regards to the purchases, those will never be wiped from your account. Any cards that you can't find on your active or reserve rosters will be on your inactive cards roster as a deactivated card. To get to your inactive roster go to your roster management page and in the upper right hand there should be a button that says "manage inactive cards". You will find any potentially missing cards there.

I know that won't replace the hours of time spent arranging the team and making it all set up to sim but any money you invest will not be lost. In regards to the AI making changes, you could double check and make sure that in your PT settings page the options in the bottom right are all set to you making changes. So the reserve roster changes aren't set to AI. You can check with the attachment to make sure your settings match. I've found that if you make yourself the sole changer of any part of your team that seems to nuke the AI being trigger happy to edit your team for you.

Thanks
Alex
Attached Images
Old 02-04-2019, 02:38 AM   #8
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Does this mean Jesus does not save?

Rosters I mean...
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #9
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

I have noticed a couple of things.

1. I always make sure anytime I make changes, and also right before I quit PT, that I always hit Submit team.
2. If you make changes and hit Submit team, while the game is simulating, sometimes your changes will not be there when you download the new file. I try never to make changes when the game is simulating.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #10
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

I have some empathy, but at the same time investing money is always risky in gsme modes like this. There are always so many problems reported for other games that do a similar thing and it actually surprises me that people continue to do it.
TwinsGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:07 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

nerd rages are funny...
Old 02-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #12
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
nerd rages are funny...

I think it's more of a money thing than a nerd thing. Or perhaps a bit of both, but people tend to get really agitated when they feel the money they "invested" is not giving a proper return.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:28 AM   #13
KinrossFlyers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: About 1 1/2 hours from Kinross, home of Kinchloe Air Force base.
Y'know, I somewhat understand. PT is still new, and we all have little obstacles to figure out. I just tonight sold off Dwight Evans (92) because he was hitting about .220 and not walking much. "Come on!!! Mo********er!!!!" I howled after each game watching his batting sink lower and lower. I'm not going to shoot my screen or ragequit...but I'll be darned if I can figure out why an otherwise good player starts sucking. Maybe the Kershaw I picked up will soothe my battered anger management levels? Maybe not. It's all fun, even when you find out you have to sell Lou Gehrig because he's at the Mendoza line.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:07 AM   #14
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Oh.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #15
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i'll make it personal... i think it's hilarious and embarassing when i get angry about something the ends up being my own doing. even more so if i publicly complain and blame something else totally unrelated. if you can't laugh at yourself and see a stupid mistake, you can't improve or avoid that mistake in the future.

the entire post was hyperbole. frustrations with consumer protections is another matter, entirely, and i fully sympathize and empathize in that regard. i also don't think that applies here. no one has been deceived, manipulated or cheated. just a cursory search of the forums would show that no one else is having this problem, at least in bulk... that would lead to various rational deductions that would preclude the creation of the OP and more likely to explore more fruitful avenues.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #16
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Deceptive trade practices? Yeah...I'll believe you've met the burden of proof when I see a JD behind your name.

It's...a...game...
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #17
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Did you lose cards or just lineup changes?

If you think you lost cards, check Manage Cards under the main menu. They are likely just inactive.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #18
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I basically stopped playing Perfect Team after obsessing with it for a little while for a few reasons.

-First, I finally got my real OOTP league started which has been the bulk of my time
-Second, in order to open Perfect Team after playing regular OOTP, I have to close the entire program and re-open it.
-Third, there is no exhaustive card list with skills that I can use to build a team. I have a nearly complete database that I built myself but it's just too much a waste of time to do it for every version of the game.
-Fourth, there were still some bugs with positional ratings increasing that were not allowing me to build the team just the way I wanted.

But I do like the idea that once I log back in, I'll have a ton of perfect points just sitting there waiting for me to spend them.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
I basically stopped playing Perfect Team after obsessing with it for a little while for a few reasons.

-First, I finally got my real OOTP league started which has been the bulk of my time
-Second, in order to open Perfect Team after playing regular OOTP, I have to close the entire program and re-open it.
-Third, there is no exhaustive card list with skills that I can use to build a team. I have a nearly complete database that I built myself but it's just too much a waste of time to do it for every version of the game.
-Fourth, there were still some bugs with positional ratings increasing that were not allowing me to build the team just the way I wanted.

But I do like the idea that once I log back in, I'll have a ton of perfect points just sitting there waiting for me to spend them.
What do you mean by your 4th point?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #20
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
What do you mean by your 4th point?
The same thread from the PT bug forum: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=297580

I built my team with very specific players, using the fielding talent ratings to calculate the possible positional rating, even if they didn't have one initially. I expected that this would require a season or two where the player was learning the position and understand that. However, this guy was taking over 2.5 seasons full of games to maximize and that didn't make much sense to me.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote