Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 02-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The Ulimate Universe 2018

This quickstart is for OOTP 19 and includes all major, international, independent, high school, and college baseball leagues. It was built using version 19.14.133.

All leagues that are professional aren't updated with new ratings and are the base rosters from OOTP 19 with some tweaks.

All amateur leagues or semi-pro (think most of the EU leagues) are fictional players.and since they're "unaffiliated major leagues" there's no good way to my knowledge to create players for the HS and college leagues that have a lot potential / room to develop.

Also included is a HS feeder league for the MLB called the American Baseball Academy; this is for talent balance purposes for when after the 4 years worth of included draft pools run out, these players should still supply the MLB directly with HS players since the HS associations leagues are destined to go to the college leagues first. The awesome part is that these players will sign on with college teams in the event they're over 18 and undrafted by the MLB.

This includes:
World of Baseball 19 Remastered
World of College Baseball 19 Remastered (all player movement is via free agency as opposed to drafts which is MUCH MUCH more realistic. Also ALL colleges to include JuCos include jerseys / caps / logos even if the uniforms are fictional)
Confederation of European Baseball Promo / Rel set-up (credit to eriqjaffe)
Expanded National Baseball Congress "summer tournament" for the college leagues
All major winter Leagues are included as a "winter league" tournament

A couple of tips:
1. To install - download the file, unzip using 7zip and place the .quick folder into the OOTP /Quickstarts directory. Fire up OOTP and select "New QuickStart Game" and select the quickstart from the menu.
2. Retire players with an age of 30 and above with potential below 21 (using MLB as base for ratings) every Jan. 1 to help keep the world efficient.
3. Every June 10 before the MLB draft, manually adjust all 4-year college leagues so that the age limits are temporarily 18-21 instead of 18-22; this will allow the 21 year juniors / red shirt sophomores to get drafted like in real life.
4. Since the HS leagues are technically considered "unaffiliated" high school leagues instead of "feeder" leagues, they will not organically generate their own players each year. I suggest every June or July 1st, you the user manually fill EACH US high school league with fictional players. This will fill each of the 50 leagues with new 15 year old freshman to make up for the 19 year seniors that "graduate" to free agency or college.

Credits:
low, Lawn_Loaf, txranger, eriqjaffe, MUFC, LukasBerger, Reds1, ROBO, stealofhome, Isedelyod the entire community

The Ultimate Universe 2018 v1.1 (1.5GB) Updated 2/6/19 with new files
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ng9k46...8_Full.7z/file
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 02-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Why didn't you use one of the Latest Rosters for MLB?
Old 02-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #3
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Really wanted to fire this up

But I can't get it to want to create a new game. In the description it says you need to download this from add on central, and I tried that approach with no success. What am I missing?
Attached Images
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Never mind, got it to load, user error on my part.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:11 AM   #5
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Loaf View Post
But I can't get it to want to create a new game. In the description it says you need to download this from add on central, and I tried that approach with no success. What am I missing?
Im having this problem too, what am i doing wrong? I downloaded, unzipped, and moved into the quickstart folder.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:17 AM   #6
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure what is causing that error or not. The quickstart was created using the eSellerate (Standalone) version as opposed to Steam.

Lawn Loaf,
Could you please post the steps you took to resolve your issue so others can see?
Old 02-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #7
Lawn Loaf
Banned

What I did was go back and re-extract the file. I was able to get it to start the creation process, but then it gave me an error message saying that the world file was corrupt or incompatible. The game wouldn't let me screenshot the exact page.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #8
Lawn Loaf
Banned

the error reads "An error occurred while loading the database. Could not load world file"
"A problem occurred when loading the league files"
The it gives me the option to try and restore the game back to its previous successful save or to cancel.
I have chosen both options, but can't get the quickstart to play.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #9
Lawn Loaf
Banned

screenshot

error screenshot when I go to load the game, as it appears in my saved game folder
Attached Images
Old 02-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #10
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Would it be possible its the QuickStart itself that is the problem? I wonder if creating it as a template would cause the same problem?
Old 02-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #11
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The problem is likely stemming from my version of the standalone vs the client version you guys are operating. I've updated the files above so they're now compatible with 19.14.133, hopefully this resolves all the issues. Sorry for all the confusion!

To anyone interested, to bypass the quickstart set-up altogether. follow the below steps:

1.) Create a new empty directory in the \saved_games folder and ensure it's extension is .LG
2.) Copy all of the .DAT files from the .QUICK directory and place them into the empty .LG folder
3.) Open up OOTP 19, locate the saved game you just created and put the .DAT files in and load it up.
4.) After OOTP "creates" the file structure for this new saved game and it loads, grab the photos from /jerseys and /ballcaps from the quickstart and copy / paste them to /jerseys and /ballcaps in the newly created saved game. Do the same for "team_logos" and "league_logos" located within the news/html/images/ directory of your saved game. Overwrite any files. After the graphics are done transferring, they should immediately reflect in the game.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 02-06-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #12
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I've updated the files above so they're now compatible with 19.14.133, hopefully this resolves all the issues. Sorry for all the confusion!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:22 AM   #13
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Working well, thank you! One question though. For the draft classes, do they use the real life classes for the first 4 years before using the feeders, or do they use feeders from the jump?
Old 03-01-2019, 11:05 PM   #14
Cdog1220
Bat Boy

is there a way to unzip the files with out winzip? i don't do a whole lot of mods so i don't have a reason to pay for stuff like that. any way i can get some help?
Cdog1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #15
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

7-zip is open source and free; it has much better compression out of the box:

https://www.7-zip.org/
Old 03-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #16
Cdog1220
Bat Boy

so I've been trying that. but it is saying when I extract the file that it cant open it as an archive. I'm redownloading it now and going to retry it, but is there something I'm doing wrong?
Old 03-02-2019, 09:51 PM   #17
Cdog1220
Bat Boy

I re downloaded and it worked great thanks for the great mod
Old 03-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #18
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What are the new Files?
Old 04-01-2019, 11:37 PM   #19
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Any word on if this will be updated for 2019 and OOTP XX?
Old 04-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #20
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

No updates for 19 as they're not necessary and it'll be a while before it's ready for XX.

I'm going to wait until the developers slow down on releasing patches / hot fixes and then I'll worry about forking it over.

You could always import v19 into XX and do all the dirty work yourself.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 04-03-2019 at 01:18 PM.