Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 12-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #101
Libertine States
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What are the NEW YORK Americans doing in the CANADIAN division?
Libertine States is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #102
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine States View Post
What are the NEW YORK Americans doing in the CANADIAN division?
haha, good question. I have no idea. Why not move the American team to the American division. It would be the exact same league structure! It's how it was in real life though!
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #103
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1933 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Eddie Shore is building quite the Legacy. He wins his 4th Hart Trophy. At the age of 30, Shore has a few more years in him to add to that total!

Here are the award winners for the season.

Tiny Thompson breaks Charlie Gardiner's streak of three straight Vezina Trophys!

I just got my first HOF ballet ever! Only one candidate was on it though. Hap Holmes. The goalie lost 25 more games then he won during his career, so he won’t get my vote, but I’m happy to see the HOF is about to get going!!

No rule changes in the NHL this year. Same teams in the same locations playing in the same divisions.

Ottawa obviously gets the top pick in this years draft, but decides to make a very weird choice.

I have no earthly idea what Ottawa is thinking. For the 2nd straight year, they take a goalie. Frank Brimsek is a very nice looking goalie, but they already had Turk Broda, and Syl Apps, who has the potential to be special. Apps was the obvious choice here. Detroit will take him 2nd and watch him become a dominant player.

It looks like my vote didn’t matter. Hap Holmes is the first member of the Hockey Hall of Fame! Here is is HOF plaque.

The only logo change for the season was made by the New York Americans.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #104
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1933-34 NHL Regular Season

Is this the year the Habs return to glory, or the Bruins, led by Eddie Shore finally break through?

The Senators, with 2 first overall goalies now, open the season 0-19. In those 19 games, they have 19 goals. Lets draft goalies first overall though! Sorry, I'm coming down hard on the AI here. It’s just a stupid move. Syl Apps, who Ottawa passed on, has 8 points in 10 games while only playing 10 mins a game with Detroit. He would help Ottawa a lot!

Syl Apps with a good start to his career

A very interesting mid January deal.

Detroit is in first place of the American division, and acquires a top line player in Frank Boucher. At 32, Boucher’s best years are behind him, but he’s got 18 points in 25 games, and can play a big part for Detroit contending for the first time! Busher Jackson goes to Montreal. Jackson is now 23, and hasn’t developed as well as Detroit hoped for. He had 12 points on the season. Montreal is looking to get younger. They are 2 games under .500 on the season, and are taking a chance that Jackson can still grow.

The Senators finally win their first game of the season. A 1-0 win over the Habs. It took until January 14th for Ottawa to get their 2nd and 3rd points of the season. Turk Broda recorded the 33 save shutout. He had to be perfect to get this team a win.

Turk Broda win Ottawa's first game of the year

Heading into March, Toronto and Montreal(Habs) are tied for the final playoff spot in the Canadian division, while the Bruins lead Chicago by two points for the final American division playoff spot. The only team out of it is Ottawa.

Boston goes 1-5-1 over the final 7, collapsing to the pressure, allowing the Blackhawks to steal that playoff spot away. Toronto also outplays Montreal, winning 3 head to head games, propelling them back to the postseason!

Look at that. Frank Boucher leads the league in assists. What a great fit he is in Detroit. Boucher ends up with 26 points in 21 games as a Red Wing, clicking perfectly on the 2nd line.

Busher Jackson found himself on a line with Howie Morenz and had the best offensive output of his career. 8 goals and 15 points in 21 games. The trade looks like it worked out for both teams.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #105
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1934 Playoffs

1st Round

2 overtime goals sent teams to the 2nd round. Pit Lepine scored the winner 5 mins into the extra frame for the Maroons, ousting the defending cup champs. Chicago’s Marty Barry scored the biggest goal in Black Hawks history to finish the 2 game sweep of the Maple Leafs.

2nd Round

After losing the opener, Detroit edges the Americans in three straight 1 goal games. Syl Apps suffered a leg injury early in game 3 which will sideline him for the playoffs. Apps had 2 points in the series to that point.

Chicago just could not score on Charlie Gardiner and the Maroons defense. They total 5 goals in the 4 games, which got them a win, but nothing else. Montreal looks very strong attempting to win their 4th title in 6 years!
Old 12-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #106
George_Bell
All Star Starter

I think Detroit is on the verge of greatness. I love their youth and their makeup. It’s might be premature though, as the Maroons have experience and defense on their side. They don’t allow goals against! Neither does Detroit though. Should be a competitive low scoring finals.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #107
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Game 1

Frank Boucher had a goal and 2 assists. Detroit outshot Montreal 47-18, and a surprisingly dominant performance. The Red Wings take game one easily 5-1!

Game 2

The Maroons responded with a great first period. Joe Primeau and Hooley Smith got them an early lead. Ken Doraty made it 3-0 Montreal before Detroit finally responded. Larry Aurie and Bobby Bauer made it a one goal game after two. Frank Boucher would tie it, but Pit Lepine gave Montreal the lead back, which they wouldn’t relinquish. 4-3 Maroons.

Game 3

Pressure early results in Billy Cowley scoring on a rebound, and 5 minutes in it’s 1-0 Detroit. Will Starr deflects in a Lionel Hitchman point shot and its 2-0 Detroit halfway through the first. Gordie Drillon makes it 3-0, and the Detroit coronation looks to be beginning! Detroit ends up leading 4-0 after the first period. The Maroons got one back in the 2nd frame, but it didn’t matter. This one was over. Detroit wins 4-1 and takes their first Stanley Cup!

Old 12-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #108
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 12-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #109
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1934 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Eddie Shore wins the Hart Trophy! Again! It’s number 5 for the Bruins defenceman. Shore had 7 goals and 20 assists on the season. He also led the league in penalty minutes for the 7th straight season! Here are the award winners for the season.

Charlie Gardiner wins the Vezina after taking a year off. We are in the ERA of Eddie Shore and Charlie Gardiner right now. They are dominating the hockey world.

Here are the 1934 1st and 2nd team all-stars.

I'm surprised to see Frank Boucher didn't make it. His addition to the Red Wings made a real difference for a championship team.

The 2 year return of the Ottawa Senators is over. The team has relocated to St. Louis and become the Eagles.

Boston trades Lorne Chabot to the Rangers.

I fully expected the Lorne Chabot in Boston experiment to be a success, but it wasn’t. I thought Chabot was that missing piece the Bruins needed to really take off, except he didn’t play like it. After leaving the Red Wings due to their acquisition of Alec Connell, Chabot went 21-28-10 over a season and a half. His save percentage was right around .900 and he didn’t lead the Bruins to a playoff appearance. The 33 year old will get a chance to lead the Rangers back to the Stanley Cup. He looks like he will be taking over for Mickey Murray.

I’m at a loss. This makes no sense. The Eagles, with the first pick, draft another goalie! The third straight season! THEY DON’T NEED ANOTHER YOUNG GOALIE!!! Bull Durnan is the third member of a crowded crease in this organization.

Doug Bentley, Woody Dumart and Buddy O’Connor would all be worthy of the top pick. It makes no sense to make this pick. This team has won less then 5 games over the last 2 years, and goaltending isn’t the problem. Oh well, something tells me they won’t be around to long anyway. Regardless, this is STUPID AI.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #110
Libertine States
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dare to be stupid!
Libertine States is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #111
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1934-35 NHL Regular Season

I'm gonna start making my pick for the best player in the NHL before each season. It would be nice for the game to do this like OOTP. Another thing i think can be implemented fairly easily.

I believe going into the season, Charlie Conacher, of the New York Rangers is the top player in the NHL. Here is a look at his ratings.

Ya, I'm a bit obsessed. St. Louis is 1-18-1 over their first 20. Turk Broda, the goalie drafted 2 years ago is doing amazing. A .938 save percentage. Frank Brimsek, last years top pick is backing him up, and is allowing 5.63 goals per game, with a save percentage at .884. Bill Durnan is in the minors. Meanwhile, Syl Apps has 15 points in his first 19 games this year. Doug Bentley is a point a game player in the minors as a 18 year old. The Eagles leading scorer is Norm Collings, with 8 points in 20 games. DUMB.

Broda, Durnan and Brimsek. A crowded crease.

Last years Busher Jackson/ Frank Boucher trade might be the best outcome for everyone type deal in the NHL so far. Frank Boucher played a major role in the Red Wings winning their first Stanley Cup, and this year, Jackson has flourished veteran C Howie Morenz. The 32 year old has 21 goals in 24 games, while Busher Jackson leads the NHL in assists with 20. He’s also potted 11 goals. Jackson has become the force his potential suggested he could be years ago when he was drafted.

Busher Jackson enjoying a breakout season

Howie Morenz has broken the single season goal scoring record! Morenz scored 33 goals this year, beating his own record of 31 goals scored in 1927. Infact, no one else has ever scored 30 goals in a season. Here is the top 10 goal scoring seasons in NHL history.

Here are the final standings.

What a great turnaround for the Montreal Canadiens. After a 44 point performance in 1934, they improve by 23 points. The only major addition was Busher Jackson. It worked!

What a season for 41 year old George Hainsworth. He finishes 2nd in the NHL in wins, Save Pct and GAA. That’s amazing at any age, but at 41! Hainsworth will probably go down as the greatest goalie in NHL history when he does retire. I’m thinking of naming the Vezina trophy after him.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #112
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1935 NHL Playoffs

Round 1

George Hainsworth didn’t have enough to take the Americans past the Rangers. Is this his swan song. I have no clue, but at 41, it could be! Boston advances after Eddie Shore scores 19 minutes into the first overtime to eliminate the Maroons! It’s the first series win for Boston since 1927, when they played in the finals!

Round 2

Detroit manages to win three on goal games against this season runaway best team! The Alec Connell outplays Tiny Thompson. Syl Apps had 7 points in the series leading the Wings. Detroit gets the chance to defend their title.

The Rangers showed their experience in a 3-1 series win over he Bruins. After splitting the first 2 games, they scored 10 goals over the final two games. They scored 7 goals in the opening frame of those games, and Charlie Conacher recorded a hat trick in game three.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #113
George_Bell
All Star Starter

This is a nice matchup. I like how both teams are built. Lorne Chabot, terrible in Boston, and dumped to the Rangers, will face his former team. Chabot spent 6 seasons in Detroit, and is the franchise leader in wins with 78, and shutouts with 26. I imagine this series is personal for him. He was replaced by Alec Connell who Detroit acquired from Montreal. They chose Connell over Chabot. This series, in my mind, is a referendum on the subject!

Alec Connell actually lost his starters job to Bill Beveridge this year. Beveridge had a wonderful year, and might win the Vezina, but he’s currently out long term with a broken elbow.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #114
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Game 1

Alec Connell wins round one. The Red Wings goalie made 31 saves while Babe Pratt and John Sorrell each had 2 points. I really like the Detroit depth. It pays off today in a 4-1 win.

Game 2

Alec Connell got a lot of help from his team today. The Rangers were held to just 16 shots. He stopped 15 of them. Gordie Drillon recorded two assists, while Syl Apps scored the series winning goal early in the 2nd. Detroit wins the game 3-1 and take their 2nd straight Stanley Cup!

Old 12-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #115
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 12-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #116
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1935 Offseason News and Notes

New York's Charlie Conacher ends Eddie Shore's Hart Trophy streak. It's the first MVP award for the 25 year old, who took his team to the Cup final only to come up short. Conacher had 27 goals and 46 points on the season.

Charlie Gardiner wins the Vezina again! The goaltending is generally pretty good in the league, but Gardiner is seen as the man among men!

Here are the 1934/35 NHL All-stars

Well this is a first and something I think is really cool. The New York Americans have decided to retire the number of Jake Forbes, who has just retired.

Forbes spent 2 years in Hamilton, then the rest of his career with the Americans. He played in 231 games, winning 99 of them. Forbes backed up George Hainsworth the last few years, but the team obviously wants to pay tribute to the longevity and loyalty of Jake Forbes!

Speaking of Hainsworth, George has also decided to hang em up. The 42 year old retires holding the best single season save percentage mark of .953 in 1929. He’s 3rd all time in wins, 5th in save percentage and 5th in shutouts. Hainsworth began his NHL career at 27 with the Canadiens, so he got started a little late. Here’s a look at his career. I haven’t decided if I will rename the Vezina award for him. Might be an announcement in the future, might not…

The St. Louis Eagles have disbanded. They are no longer apart of the league and all of their crappy players are free agents. The 3 former first round picks are the only worthy players available.

Turk Broda has signed with Montreal to backup Tiny Thompson. Great deal for the Habs who now have Thompson’s heir apparent under contract. Bill Durnan goes to the Americans who just lost both of their goalies. Durnan will play right away. No team needed a goalie more. Oddly, Frank Brimsek remains unsigned on opening day of the new season.

Draft

This is a bad draft. Talent this year is very low. Jack Stewart looks like a 2nd line dman, and he’s the only guy that looks like a shoe in to have a NHL career. Next years draft appears loaded with some top end talent. This class will be forgettable if there aren’t any surprises.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #117
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1935-36 NHL Regular Season

My pick for best player in the NHL is none other then 20 year old Detroit forward, Syl Apps.

Apps keeps growing and his team keeps winning. The 20 year old is now the only 4.5/4.5 player in the league. During his 2 years in the league, he’s got 2 rings. His 10 points in 9 career playoff games is better then his regular season output. If Ottawa drafted him like they should have, he would have been a free agent, and probably would have chosen my beloved Leafs. He’s a Red Wing though, and they should hold onto him for a very long time.

Parody is strong around the league at new years. Of the 8 teams in the league, 6 of them have 7 or 8 wins. The first place Canadiens (only by a point) have one of the weirder records I've seen. They are 3-6 when playing at the Montreal Forum, but 4-1-3 on the road. Every team in the league has a shot at the playoffs right now. Even the Stanley Cup!

The best goal scorer in NHL history keeps going back and forth between Howie Morenz and Aurel Joliat. Joliat has played a lot more games, but its fun to watch these two match each other every season. They are the same age. They are currently tied atop the all-time list. When their careers are over, who will be on top of that list?!

The New York Americans are looking like they will miss the playoffs, but top line center had what I’m considering the best single game in NHL history. Syd Howe has really developed over his half decade in the league, and is really a force these days.

On the 19th of February, the Americans beat the Maroons 6-2. All 6 New York goals were scored by Syd Howe. That’s a NHL record. 6 goals…wow!!

6 goals!

Here are the final standings

Detroit looks like they are still the best team in the league. The Habs pulled away in the Canadian division. Taking away those two teams, there really isn’t a huge difference between anyone. The American division is looking strong for the first time in history.

Syl Apps leads the league in goals, assists and points. He has to be the Hart Trophy favourite.

Howie Morenz out scored Joliat by 9 goals since I posted the all time goal scorers list. Joliat skills have gone down to a 1.5 star player at the end of the year. He still finished the year with 29 points, but Morenz is the better player today.

Frank Brimsek is not signed all year long. He’s a good goalie. That makes no sense.

Turk Broda played 9 games as the backup in Montreal. We won a career high 4 times! Bill Durnan ended up backing up Davey Kerr in New York only playing 5 games.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #118
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1936 NHL Playoffs

Round 1

Des Smith is the overtime hero for the Rangers, scoring 8 minutes into the first extra frame to eliminate the Leafs. Smith had 8 goals in 123 games, all which I assume weren’t as big as this one. The Americans manage to edge the Bruins in a very tight game three to set up another battle of New York.

Round 2

King Clancy scored the game one overtime winner, and Detroit won game 3 and 4 on the road to eliminate the Habs and go back to their third straight Cup final.

The Rangers improve to 5-0 in the playoffs with a dominating 3 game sweep of the Americans. Lorne Chabot has absolutely found a second life in New York. He allows just two goals in the 2nd round win.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #119
George_Bell
All Star Starter

It’s a rematch of the 1935 Stanley Cup Final. Detroit won that series pretty handily, and have to be the favourites entering this series. A win would give them a 3rd title in a row, something that only the Habs did when they won the first 4 Cups in NHL history. The Rangers allowed more goals then they scored. They look to be a one line team. I don’t think they can handle the Red Wings depth.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #120
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Game 1

Trailing 2-1 late in the third, Frank Boucher pocketed a rebound off a Larry Aurie shot which tied the game for Detroit. Overtime would be needed. In the extra frame, Syl Apps led an odd man rush, found Polly Drouin heading to the net, and raised his hands celebrating when Drouin put in high on the glove side. Detroit wins game one, 3-2 in OT.

Game 2

Somehow during game one, Syl Apps tore his acetabular labrum, and is out for 4 months. The Injury type is listed as minor, and the news item says day-to-day, but the Red Wings have moved him to the IR…. I guess he’s out for game 2.

With Apps out, Frank Boucher became the top center, and he played like it. Boucher scored twice in the opening two periods, but halfway through the 3rd, Charlie Conacher tied the game at 3. It stayed that way until the final minute. King Clancy took a wrist shot that hit a defenseman and fell infront of Polly Drouin. He pounced and swiped the puck into the wide open cage!! Gordie Drillon added a empty netter and for the third year in a row, the Red Wings are the Champions.