Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
andytown
Bat Boy

Historically accurate 1983?

Hi again - still trying to figure out some things I can do to bolster historical sims. I've eliminated minor leagues and set it up so that it follows historical transactions. And I double the weight of the current year.

1983 is the year I want to replay, and I've tried several times with the hopes that there are only slight variations from the original year. But the most recent, for instance, had the 1983 Yankees (91-71) going 116-36, while the champion Orioles won 75 games.

I understand why some people would like the play that version, but I'm hoping for something a bit more in line with what happened. Any advice? Or - are there any places with files I can download (I'd love to get more seasons like the '94 season that is included w/ the game, where it starts at a late point in the season)? In an earlier post, I clarified: I'm new to this, so would welcome any help!

Last edited by andytown; 09-22-2017 at 12:23 PM.
andytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Over the years many people have looked to recreate history with the exactness you are looking for. Sometimes the right team wins but more often they don't. OOTP is more what if than a faithful recreation. You might check on your two teams to see who underperformed and who overperformed and make adjustments there?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

I don't think it is possible to have a season to play out exactly as it did in real life. That is the beauty of a simulation. It seems for some lately, the curse. I have read more than one thread about players wanting an exact replica. I just don't think ootp was created to actually do that. Now that is of course my opinion and I'm not bashing the op for wanting that. All I'm saying is that I'm not sure any set of settings will get you that with ootp.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytown View Post
Hi again - still trying to figure out some things I can do to bolster historical sims. I've eliminated minor leagues and set it up so that it follows historical transactions. And I double the weight of the current year.

You should use historical transactions AND historical lineups. You should also base recalc of ratings on one year, not three years.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
andytown
Bat Boy

Thanks! I've been setting the recalc to three, and I'll change that!

I completely understand that the simulation emphasizes a certain amount of randomness; I'm just wondering in some cases if I can eliminate as much as possible. So any tips along those lines would be helpful.

Also, if there are any more leagues like the 1994 one that begin "in medias res" (in the middle, sorry I'm a nerdy English prof , I'd love to see them.
andytown is offline   Reply With Quote