Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Researchers Wanted

In advance of the release, we are looking to expand our roster research team for Franchise Hockey Manager 2.

Our North American pro leagues are covered at the moment, but we are looking to add people to the research team who have a familiarity with any of the European leagues in game - specifically Finland (Liiga, Mestis, Suomi-Sarja), Czech Republic (Tipsport extraliga), Germany (Deutsche Liga), Russia (Kontinental Hockey League) are the main ones needed, but could always use others for leagues in England, France, Japan, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland as well.

We are also looking for people to help with Canadian junior leagues QMJHL and WHL.

Your task would be to work with a team to get all the league rosters in order prior to release and to work on adjusting player and staff ratings.

If interested, please reply below and let us know what league(s) you have experience with and would be interested in assisting with and Jeff will be in touch with more details. We need people who can start working on this task immediately and be able to put a fair bit of time into it until the work is complete.

Thank you for your interest.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

I'm interested in researching for FHM2. I can do one of the Finland leagues. I don't know many names however this would be a way for me to get to know hockey names. I have a lot of free time at home so this would give me something to do when I'm bored. Hit me up, I'm in.

edit: Never mind, looks like you need someone with hockey research experience, guess I'm not qualified. I do have research expierence in general, however.

Last edited by dumbrabbit; 08-11-2015 at 08:44 PM.
dumbrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #3
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

I live in Saskatchewan and have a decent knowledge of WHL teams. I could easily cover the Sask/Manitoba portion of the WHL; PA, Saskatoon, Regina, MJ, Swift Current and Brandon.
I also spend a fair bit of time in BC and could help with Kootenay, Kamloops and Kelowna. Really I could help with all the WHL teams.
I work full-time Monday to Friday but can invest a fair bit of time nights and weekends into it.

Last edited by DaximusPrimus; 08-11-2015 at 08:48 PM.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #4
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrabbit View Post
I'm interested in researching for FHM2. I can do one of the Finland leagues. I don't know many names however this would be a way for me to get to know hockey names. I have a lot of free time at home so this would give me something to do when I'm bored. Hit me up, I'm in.

edit: Never mind, looks like you need someone with hockey research experience, guess I'm not qualified. I do have research expierence in general, however.
I'll let Jeff make the determinations of what help he needs from different people. I know that not all the work requires an intimate knowledge of specific players, etc. There could be other tasks involved that you could perform.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #5
doomi13
Bat Boy

I would like to help for LHJMQ.....i live on south shore of Quebec City and i follow whats happen with the Remparts and the rest of the LHJMQ.

If u need my help....it will be a pleasure to do it for a great game
Like Daximus....i work full time but can do it exactly at the same time
doomi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:30 PM   #6
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Hey Cole!! As you know I am quite psyched about this game and check in with you regularly. I would love to participate in this task. I live in Montreal so I could help with the QMJHL or even the OHL. The Habs have a few prospects in the WHL so I do follow that as well. I am currently on leave from work for the next month, so I can invest quite a bit of time. I would just need some guidelines and what team(s) roster you would like me to work on.
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
JDevil
All Star Reserve

I'd be more than willing to help bring the USHL into existence....even if it's a future version.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #8
philliesphan26
Minors (Triple A)

I don't have much knowledge of leagues outside of the NHL but if you need help with anything else I was a researcher for BTS for about a year before things kinda got crazy. So I have the experience there.
philliesphan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #9
Pipes95
Bat Boy

I can for sure do a WHL or QMJHL team. I have good knowledge of the teams, especially because I've played a lot of franchise hockey manager. I've also been watching Canadian junior hockey for 9 years. However to watch the games I would have to buy the season stream package, would that be something that I'd cover at my own cost?
Pipes95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:01 AM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes95 View Post
I can for sure do a WHL or QMJHL team. I have good knowledge of the teams, especially because I've played a lot of franchise hockey manager. I've also been watching Canadian junior hockey for 9 years. However to watch the games I would have to buy the season stream package, would that be something that I'd cover at my own cost?
Hi,

The work that we need done is summer/offseason work (ie. right now)... So it's not a situation where we are needing people to watch a bunch of games once the season starts in the fall... The ratings work is done now before season, so the roster sets are ready when the game ships.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #11
Pipes95
Bat Boy

Oh, okay I see now. Regardless I'd still love to help out. I have a fair amount of free time on my hands so let me know!
Pipes95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes95 View Post
Oh, okay I see now. Regardless I'd still love to help out. I have a fair amount of free time on my hands so let me know!
Thanks. JeffR (one of our developers) is getting in touch with people as needed, so stay tuned.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #13
TDotSummerSports
Bat Boy

I would be interested in helping get the ratings done for the next instalment of the game. I would be most interested in helping rate the QMJHL.
TDotSummerSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #14
3lewsers
Bat Boy

Looking to help

I am avid follower of the WHL and would love to help do the research for that league or any others that you need.

I owned last year's installment, and am looking forward to this release.

Thanks!
3lewsers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:36 PM   #15
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Any want to add the USHL?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #16
3lewsers
Bat Boy

Sure i can do the USHL
3lewsers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #17
Cole
Hall Of Famer

The USHL is not a league we are looking for researchers for at the moment as it's not a playable league and at this point in the process it's too late to add new leagues.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #18
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
The USHL is not a league we are looking for researchers for at the moment as it's not a playable league and at this point in the process it's too late to add new leagues.
true....but for future versions. I'd assume you'd want to add the U.S. top Jr. league which is becoming a more valid path to the NHL.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #19
Curt-97
Bat Boy

Hey,

I'd love to help out! If you need help in the EIHL I'd love to helpout, I'm a Coventry Blaze fan so I could certainly help out team specially or I could help out league wide. I would also be interested in helping out in the lower leagues (EPIHL, NIHL-1, NIHL-2) Let me know if you need help with these leagues.
Curt-97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #20
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
true....but for future versions. I'd assume you'd want to add the U.S. top Jr. league which is becoming a more valid path to the NHL.
Definitely. I'm not sure what Jeff's plan is for that, he may very well touch base with you on that either now or in the future. Thanks for your interest!