Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

My man, you should be working for Markus and co. Excellent work.
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #22
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Ha, well I appreciate that. Actually, their program processes data so fast it blows my mind. Some very clever minds have put OOTP together.

On a side note, I will have an html to image conversion program ready soon. It works slowly (3 - 5 seconds per card), but it's probably better than nothing.

Also, the utility app has a built-in web server, so I might fish around for mods people have made that require such things and include them in future releases/patches.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:56 AM   #23
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

This is awesome. Thank you! Just one thing. If a guy played for 2 teams in a year and he was an allstar on the back of the card he is counted for being an all-star twice in the same year.

Otherwise this is unreal!
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #24
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Gentlemen, thanks for the info. I also realized that if a player was a minor league all-star and called up, he will be counted as a major league all-star as well, so that needs to be fixed.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 AM   #25
McLite
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_44850 View Post
Finally is there a way to change the front template? My example would be deleting the Ootp on the '83 card and putting in my leagues initials in the upper right. I tried to edit and save the .png file when I did that but then it wouldn't show the photos on the cards for some reason.
The OOTP thing was my replacement for the original "Topps" logo. I just cut it out of the png image, so the transparency shows your team's background color. What editor are you using to modify the png file? Some image editors won't preserve the transparency, I think that's probably what is happening, which is why you aren't seeing the player image after using the modified png.
Patch: a place to add league info, possibly.
I am just using Paint...nothing fancy. I have a few other programs that I might try it with...so far though it just hides the player photo upon card completion. I'll keep editing it.

The ability to put in league initials where the OOTP is would be a nice touch. I'm looking forward to any upcoming patches.

Thanks.
McLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:25 AM   #26
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Matt, I'm curious about the pic that is covering up the player images. Could you send it to me? joelinstrum@yahoo.com
Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #27
McLite
Minors (Single A)

The picture doesn't cover up anything...but when I change the OOTP to MLB and save the .png file for 1983.png...when I create the card the MLB is there in the top right corner but the player photo no longer appears.
McLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #28
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

The stack order of images is:
player image (lowest)
"card" pic (middle)
playername, teamnam, position (top)

So the player image is on the bottom. On all of my png's, I have cut out a transparent portion of the image to let the player image show. So what I'm saying is, it is possible you don't have that portion transparent any longer. It's just a guess, I'd be able to pin-point it better if you sent me your image your using for the card.

Last edited by joe_44850; 05-25-2010 at 06:23 PM.
joe_44850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #29
davwms
All Star Starter

What are you using to convert the html to picture? Ive been looking for something to do that for a long time.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #30
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

I wrote some code that does it. Basically, you tell the program where the directory is that contains the html files you want to turn into png images. Then, you click on "Go", and the code takes over. Here is how it works:
the code launches IE and grabs up the first of the html files. Then, the code does a screen capture of the browser. It then converts the screen capture into an image, crops it (according to values you have set up) and saves all of the images in a directory called 'cardimages'. After doing the screen capture, the browser is closed, and then does the entire process again until it has gone through each html file. It takes about 3 - 5 seconds per image.

If you want to try it out, you can download and install the utility. You can pretty much assign any folder for the png creation.