Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #41
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
I ended up having to drive my son back to Morehead St. this morning .. just walked in the door .... mad I missed it. I'll be sure to call in the next time you are on.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #42
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

If there is a next time, I will not talk about the history of the game - I doubt that anyone cares much about that.

Dennis had mentioned it as a potential point of discussion so I made some notes and then kept going back to that when nerves got the better of me.

The topics should revolve around what you can do with the sim.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #43
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
If there is a next time, I will not talk about the history of the game - I doubt that anyone cares much about that.

Dennis had mentioned it as a potential point of discussion so I made some notes and then kept going back to that when nerves got the better of me.

The topics should revolve around what you can do with the sim.
sounds like something an astute observer of the situation might have said
Old 11-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #44
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
sounds like something an astute observer of the situation might have said
An astute observer that I might have agreed with.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #45
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

It was fun and I hope that we can do it again now the nerves seem to have been dulled to it a bit.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #46
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
An astute observer that I might have agreed with.
true, true

Quote:
It was fun and I hope that we can do it again now the nerves seem to have been dulled to it a bit.
Indeed . .seems like a good match for both sides
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #47
dtaylor@montereyherald.co
Minors (Rookie Ball)

We're now the world's largest boxing website!

Dear fellow Title Bout fanatics:
We've built (and are continuing to build on a daily basis) "the Smithsonian" of boxing websites -- a place you're going to love. It's huge, it's amazing and it's ABSOLUTELY FREE. Our next goal is to spread the world to boxing fans all over the world that we're here to stay.
Here are just some of the things you'll find today at the largest & most-unusual boxing website in the world, The Boxing Amusement Park at www.ringsideboxingshow.com -- an absolutely FREE website built exclusively for the boxing fan:
1. THE VIEW FROM PRESS ROW: Links to up-to-date boxing stories from around the world
2. PUGILISTIC PARADISE: The original broadcasts (in most cases) of almost 150 full-length, classic fights, from 1935 to the present
3. THE FUNHOUSE: Novelty videos of every kind, including The Three Stooges in "Punch Drunks," Muhammad Ali's commencement address at Harvard, Fred Flintstone starring as Jake LaMotta in "Raging Fred," George Foreman performing "The Impossible Dream," Mike Tyson singing "Monster Mash," Max Baer and Slapsie Maxie Rosenbloom starring in "The Champs Step Out," Davy Jones of The Monkees fighting Sonny Liston, the Holmes-Berbick parking lot brawl, Alec Baldwin fighting Garry Shandling, Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley getting trash-talking lessons, and much, much more.
4. BLOOD & GUTS THEATRE: Dozens of the greatest rounds in boxing history, including almost every Ring Magazine "Round of the Year" from the past 15 years.
5. BOXDOX THEATRE: Full-length versions of the greatest boxing documentaries ever produced, including "When We Were Kings," "Hitman vs. Sugar Ray," "In & Out of the Ring: Boxing's Dark Side," "Mike Tyson: The Untold Story," "Greatest Sports Legends: Thomas Hearns," "Beyond The Glory" (Tyson, Hopkis, De La Hoya, Leonard, Jones), "HBO's Legendary Nights" (Chavez-Taylor, Holmes-Cooney, Lewis-Tyson, Arguello-Pryor, Tyson-Douglas, Bowe-Golota) ... and much, much more.
6. HIGHLIGHT HEAVEN: Videos of the pivotal moments in some of the greatest battles of all time.
7. THE GYM: Rare footage of gym workouts, including these amazing sparring matchups: Shane Mosley vs. Julio Cesar Chavez, Thomas Hearns vs. Gerald McClelland, Roberto Duran vs. Nigel Benn, and many, many more.
8. HARD KNOCKS: Videos of some of the most-violet knockouts in boxnig history.
And that's only the beginning. Please discover our incredible website today. You won't believe your eyes.
We also are finally accepting advertising on our site. If you have a boxing-friendly business, contact us through this e-mail address for details.
Best wishes,
Dennis Taylor, webmaster
831-277-7125
dtaylor@montereyherald.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #48
jdphx
Minors (Single A)

Wow Dennis!!!

That looks GREAT!!! Ummm.... excuse me, I'm going to
be busy the next few hours!!!
jdphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #49
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Stunning Site

Dennis
Thank you for that write up and link to your site. It takes a lot to impress me when it comes to boxing and boxing sites being an old timer Dennis. But your site is superb i give it 10 out of 10. I am well impressed.
Way To Go Dennis and again Thank You
Danny
wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #50
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawke11 View Post
Dennis
Thank you for that write up and link to your site. It takes a lot to impress me when it comes to boxing and boxing sites being an old timer Dennis. But your site is superb i give it 10 out of 10. I am well impressed.
Way To Go Dennis and again Thank You
Danny
Where you been Danny?
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #51
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Today's treat from The Boxing Amusement Park:
Lupe Pintor vs. Wilfredo Gomez, Round 12 ... enjoy!

Lupe Pinto vs
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #52
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks very much for the kind words, Rob! I've only been building it for nine months, but it's been a labor of love -- gobs of fun finding all that stuff, then figuring out how to display it.
Check out the radio show one of these Sundays. We stream worldwide at Historic News Talk AM 1240 KNRY. This Sunday (July 5) we've got Gerry Cooney as our special guest. Can't wait to talk to him.
Anyway, 9 a.m. Pacific, 10 a.m. Mountain, 11 a.m. Central, 12 noon East Coast.
Cheers,
Dennis
Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #53
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks a bunch, Danny. I love this sport!
-- Dennis
Old 07-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #54
jdphx
Minors (Single A)

Dennis,

Don't know if it is possible... but if there was any way
to add a search feature to your site, I think that makes
it even better!!

Spent about 3 hours there the other night!! Love it.

JD
jdphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #55
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

This is one hell of a site Dennis, first time I looked at it I was only looking at the top half, didn't realise there was so much more to it, fantastic work!!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #56
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Hello Rob
Great to hear from you my friend. Yes it a great site loads of video fights to watch, you could spend hours there. Now all it needs is a link to the boxing game or one of us plugging the game on there. Maybe there is a link to the game but i did not see it.

Anyway as for me Rob i kind of got into other things as to be honest i got a little bored with boxing and the ABC so called champions. The other day i got a mail from GorDoom from cyberzone asking me why i had not been around for a while. As for Box rec site. Feels like i was in a playground with a lot of school children at times. Plus of course i would only be posting stuff i had gone through hundreds of times before in answer to some of them. Rick Farris thread is great but in a way i feel its like a closed shop. Very friendly but its about there times and so on, little hard to sort of fit in and you end up like a spare prick at a party. So i hardly ever go there now Rob.
Anyway Rob its great to hear from you again and i hope life is good for you these days.
Danny
wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #57
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Good to hear from you Danny. I am fine thanks. Don't be a stranger though mate, you are missed here, Boxrec and CBZ when you go one of your "walkabouts"!!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #58
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Monday's updated news about Gatti's death

Hey, guys, we just posted links to the following stories from all over the world at www.ringsideboxingshow.com, The Boxing Amusement Park. We'll continue to update the news about Arturo Gatti all day today, as it breaks, so bookmark us and keep checking back:
Cops: Gatti was strangled by wife, had head injury [Associated Press]
Wife charged with ex-champ's murder [New York Daily News]
Boxing family mourns Arturo Gatti [New York Post]
Police: Gatti was strangled by wife, had head injury [Associated Press]
Wife charged with ex-champ's murder [New York Daily News]
Death of fearless slugger puts sport on the ropes [Tim Smith]
Gatti mourned as a legend [Montreal Gazette]
Boxer's death an unsurprising tragedy [Montreal Gazette]
Nothing ruled out in investigation [USA Today]
A warrior in the ring, a friend out of it [Boston Herald]
Gatti, wife had marital issues [AHN Headline News]
Jersey guy Gatti packed a punch [New Jersey Star Ledger]
Gatti supplied the thrills in Atlantic City [Press of Atlantic City]
Micky Ward: 'Part of me is gone' [SweetScience.com]
Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #59
Crimson
All Star Reserve

I came across "Boxing Amusement Park" last night for the first time while looking for something, and quickly forgot what I was looking for as I got lost in all that site has to offer. WOW! Tons of information there. I love how easy it easy to locate and access the old Sports Illustrated articles about boxing. I'm hoping that eventually all the excellent photos that accompanied those articles are available in the future. That would be really cool.

If I didn't HAVE to work, and wasn't already addicted to TBCB I'd still be at "Boxing Amusement Park"!

OUTSTANDING BOXING RESOURCE!!! MANY THANKS!

I also really like how easy it was to access boxing stories from around the world, by date.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #60
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wife's lawyer claims Gatti committed suicide

Updated coverage of the Arturo Gatti story has been posted today (Tuesday) at www.ringsideboxingshow.com, The Boxing Amusement Park.