Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
ctorg
Global Moderator

Names without accent symbols

MS Access doesn't handle the accent symbols very well, and I was planning on using it to create some reports. So I'm thinking the best way to go about this is to get the accent symbols out of the names files. That seems like an annoyingly cumbersome process, so I'm wondering if there is already such a file. Anyone seen one (I can't seem to find it if there is one)?

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Yeah, that would be awesome. It would really work well with Comedian's AUHistoryHint utility that I like to use because it doesn't handle accented characters well either, just shows random characters for the accented characters. Plus, the names of the MLB pictures don't have the accented characters included, so for instance, when you look at Juan Gonzales's profile, it would instantly find his picture because it would be looking for Juan_Gonzales without the accent.
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
ajsas01
Major Leagues

Names without accents!

OK, so I have a names.txt file where I have removed all of the accent marks, but even after zipping the file its still too big to attach to this message. Any suggestions?
ajsas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
ajsas01
Major Leagues

Actually, nevermind. I did use word to search and replace all of the possible accent marks found in the game, and saved them over the old name files. Most of the accent marks are gone in my game, but a few stubborn ones remain even thought they do not appear in the name file. Hopefully I can fix that this week.
ajsas01 is offline   Reply With Quote