Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

AAA roster is a "little" light

I just purchased OOTP9. It's my very first experience with the game. I tried establishing a quick game of the 2008 season managing the LA of A Angels. The initial MLB, AA, and A rosters the game built look complete and very accurate. But the AAA roster - the Salt Lake Bees - has only 3 players. There are few high profile players on the Angels AAA team in real life who are completely missing, and should certainly be there.

Is this right? I appears to me that 20-25 players are missing form the AAA roster. Even fictional players would be better. Obviously, 3 players do not a roster make.

Is it me or the game? I would appreciate any help or insight. Thanks.

DZ
dzanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

this has been discussed in some other spots as well. I think a lot of it is no one has been promoted from the previous year. There does seem to be some people missing mainly really young prospects signed from other countries, however the short season teams are full of older players and last year's draft picks so they can be moved up to fill higher level rosters. Some of this is being addressed in the upcoming patch.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
... I think a lot of it is no one has been promoted from the previous year. There does seem to be some people missing mainly really young prospects signed from other countries...
Hmmm. I checked all the teams' rosters for the 6-8 most prominent real life minor leaguers in the Angels' system. All of them are from the USA, some of them have already had a cup of coffee with the major league club and none of them are on any roster at any level.

Quote:
Some of this is being addressed in the upcoming patch.
Good. I plan on deleting the game, apply the soon-to-be-delivered patch, and then try establishing the game anew. I hope this will solve the problem.

DZ
Old 06-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

FYI - the 9.0.27 patch took care of the problem. I reinstalled the game with the patch and regenerated the 2008 game. The AAA Salt Lake Bees now have a full roster. Yea!

DZ
Old 06-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzanr View Post
FYI - the 9.0.27 patch took care of the problem. I reinstalled the game with the patch and regenerated the 2008 game. The AAA Salt Lake Bees now have a full roster. Yea!

DZ

Who were the players missing that you were talking about in the previous post. Haven't looked just interested
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who were the players missing that you were talking about in the previous post. Haven't looked just interested
Off topic I know, but is your username from the cellist?

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
  • Nick Adenhart
  • Nick Green
  • Darren O'Day
  • Ryan Budde
  • Matthew Brown
  • Sean Rodriguez
  • Terry Evans
All these guys have already spent time with the MLB club and were totally missing from the entire Angels farm system. Then again only 3 guys were present - Willits, Quinlan and Morales. But as I mentioned, the entire roster is complete. now.

Thanks for the inquiry.

DZ
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #8
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is so frustrating.

I just applied the Updated Major League Roster set add-on. Since I was only one week into my 2008 replay, I decided to start all over after applying the update and get the improved rosters the add-on provided. But when I restarted, the Salt Lake Bees entire roster had returned to only 3 players!

This is ridiculous.

I even reapplied the 9.0.27 patch. No luck. The Bees still have only 3 players.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the Bees a full roster of 25 players?

DZ

Update: most of the AAA rosters look wrong. Samples: The Colorado Springs Sky Fox have 23 pitchers and 2 position players. The Fresno Grizzlies have only 13 players. The Iowa Cubs have only 10 players.

Last edited by dzanr; 07-02-2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 07-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #9
truthserum
All Star Starter

I just opened up the game and started a 2008 MLB league and have the 9.0.27 patch. I installed the game after the 9.0.27 was already in the download.

AAA Salt Lake Bees are showing 23 players.
AAA Colorado Springs Sky Sox are showing 29 players...17 pitchers and 12 position.
AAA Fresno Grizzlies are showing 23 players.
AAA Iowa Cubs are showing 27 players.

It is something on your end and not the game, in general.

**edit**
Maybe uninstalling the game and re-installing the game might solve your problem.

Last edited by truthserum; 07-02-2008 at 11:38 PM.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:08 AM   #10
clamel
All Star Starter

This is wrong.

I have the old roster file (number two that came out with the mess with 40 manroster) which include full rostersettings for SaltLake Bees and Durham Bulls, Richmond Braves.

After getting the brand new roster file (nr 3 release yesterday I believe) these teams ARE low on players. The Bees have 3 players...

Perhaps the first one in the original package also had these empty rosters I don´t know. My concern then was to follow instruction to get 40 man roster and that might have solved the problem getting players to these clubs.

Howver this new roster have all game settings in order for the 40 man roster problem, but then it might so have the thin rosters.

Another back to the drawing board for the fine gang that make this roster, and hopefully we have a 90% perfect roster in time for the major patch realese in mid-July...

I´m sure there are ways to get around this problem like the last but a better funtional roster could be nice.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 AM   #11
truthserum
All Star Starter

1. Uninstall game and make sure it is not in your Program Files or My Documents.
2. Download here
3. Apply your order id#

See if that works and you come up with a different roster for the Bees.

I downloaded game with recent patch included, that is the one in step 2 and I came up with a different roster set than what you guys are coming up with.

**edit**
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Another back to the drawing board for the fine gang that make this roster,
Yeah.....I don't think that was necessary. Maybe when you get your patch together and get on the right version, you can throw out an apology. And when you say you are on the right version right now, just look at your Bees, k.

Last edited by truthserum; 07-03-2008 at 09:00 AM.
truthserum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #12
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthserum View Post
2. Download here
truth -

I like to give this a try. Do we know that the link above includes the Updated 2008 Major League Roster add-on from earlier this week?

DZ
Old 07-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #13
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Problem confirmed

For anyone reading this thread and wondering if the issue described here is really a problem, I saw the following in another thread here => http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2528908

battists writes:
Quote:
We're always trying to improve the MLB roster set. We're aware of an issue with the MLB rosters that causes the AI to move many of the AAA players out of AAA.
At least I know it's not just me.

DZ