Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #81
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
If I have really no intention to use 15 right now, is there a point to buying at half price?

I really can not make up my mind, swinging back between "Yes!" and "Nah..." rapidly right now (and readers of my dynasty will find this a familiar pattern with me...).
Yes. It's half price. Are you going to dither over 16 if you don't buy 15? At some point, the improvements in a new version over what you are playing now must be enough to get you off the fence. There is no point in asking the forum if you should buy; look up the 15 announcements and patch enhancements and decide for yourself.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #82
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
But yet he still will not add a drop down box so we can edit jersey numbers without having to be in Commish Mode and using the main players editor tab. Best part is that the feature has already been in the game and adding it in would probably be much easier than creating 3D baseballs flying around or adding a new feature like hiding nicknames.

I need to get the "hide the nicknames" committee to take on the "add the jersey number drop down button" cause on and then we will see some results!!
What, you can't start your own committee?

I agree that the jersey number feature should be restored.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #83
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsTHunter View Post
Game settings > Players & Face Gen

And then under player personality settings on the left hand side there's a box that says show player nicknames.
Thank you much!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #84
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
By the way, am I missing the "Re-import names and ethnicities" function or as that been removed from the game? Anybody know?
No, they just moved it. Game Settings/Database/drop down menu in the upper right corner.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #85
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Yeah I had my first v15 crash and first since v13 with this patch. Saved by backups.
Well, that's two reports. Everybody should back up their leagues now and wait and see if there are more.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #86
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Yes. It's half price. Are you going to dither over 16 if you don't buy 15? At some point, the improvements in a new version over what you are playing now must be enough to get you off the fence. There is no point in asking the forum if you should buy; look up the 15 announcements and patch enhancements and decide for yourself.
This is the Brusque Bru speaking. Listen or else.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #87
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"Bru Bru" for short.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #88
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
No, they just moved it. Game Settings/Database/drop down menu in the upper right corner.
Ah, very good. I looked all over for that sucker!

- Bru

Old 07-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #89
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
"Bru Bru" for short.
Guilty, although I did not mean to be. Sometimes I just want to state the obvious and save somebody (and us) time and effort.

- Bru

Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #90
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yeah I had my first v15 crash and first since v13 with this patch. Saved by backups.
Freeze up for me while trying out 3D but I'm not using it under normal circumstances and will not use it until it develops significantly further; just wanted to see the difference after the patch.
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #91
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Lineups, better use of value, but still dependent on your individual setup and still, IMHO, a bit overly offensive, yet improved. Waivers, any issues there are almost always associated with severely limited roster limits. Aside from that, much less incidents of value players on the wire, with the exception of declining players headed for AAA, for instance. Defensive positioning, much improved IMO, whether that's fielding shifts or positional assignments. Still some shifting to accommodate late inning subs and defensive roles, but the previous proclivity to be over-sensitive to handedness of the opposing pitcher, thus creating a carousel of positional assignments, has greatly diminished.
Thank you so much, this is great to read!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #92
Rastafreaky
Minors (Double A)

Also experiencing my first crashes basically ever with this patch. Once when hitting the check to "sim to next day" and once upon clicking on a player history tab. Not a crash exactly, but the screen is just frozen and I have to force close OOTP.

...and a third time trying to save the league.

Last edited by Rastafreaky; 07-12-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Rastafreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #93
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian content View Post
Freeze up for me while trying out 3D but I'm not using it under normal circumstances and will not use it until it develops significantly further; just wanted to see the difference after the patch.
Yeah let me qualify: my issue was a freeze that after 3hr I had to terminate.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #94
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafreaky View Post
Also experiencing my first crashes basically ever with this patch. Once when hitting the check to "sim to next day" and once upon clicking on a player history tab. Not a crash exactly, but the screen is just frozen and I have to force close OOTP.

...and a third time trying to save the league.
Okay, everybody, back up frequently until this gets sorted out.

You have been warned.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #95
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Anyone else notice the newspaper section all messed up now?

Any idea why it looks like this?

edit: Hmm, it's fine now..
Attached Images

Last edited by Habsfan18; 07-13-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #96
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

I also experienced my first OOTP15 crash tonight. Game stopped responding during auto-save as it was moving onto the next day.

I've also noticed my 2032 Blue Jays file playing much slower.

edit: You know, it's weird. Right around trade deadline time the game was running super slow, taking forever to sim to the next day and taking forever to auto-save. But now that the deadline has come and gone, the game is back to normal.

Last edited by Habsfan18; 07-13-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #97
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
What's the story with the patch for Mac users? Mac users are complaining their track bad has issues since the new patch? As a Mac owner im scared to download the patch.Is the game unplayable for the Mac users after patch? Any word on how soon this will be fixed?
No, not unplayable. But when you scroll down on track pad, say when you're looking at your roster for a substitution, the frame won't stay put at the bottom of the page. Instead, it "bounces" back up and you end up seeing only the middle section of your roster. You have to click and pull the bar thingy on the side of the page and pull it all the way down if you want to see or choose something from the bottom of the page. Hope that makes sense. It's annoying, but if you use a mouse or don't mind using the side bar it's not a game-killer
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 AM   #98
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I also experienced my first OOTP15 crash tonight. Game stopped responding during auto-save as it was moving onto the next day.

I've also noticed my 2032 Blue Jays file playing much slower.

edit: You know, it's weird. Right around trade deadline time the game was running super slow, taking forever to sim to the next day and taking forever to auto-save. But now that the deadline has come and gone, the game is back to normal.
Of course it depends on what you mean by "taking forever" but I don't think it is unusual for OOTP to take longer at the trade deadline. OOTP is having to make many more calculations examining current roster, needs, place in standings, selling or buying, etc. etc. etc. for all teams that are cpu controlled.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #99
SeattleBrewers
Bat Boy

I just bought OOTP 15 and updated it right away today. Getting no 3D graphics. Any suggestions what to do?
SeattleBrewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #100
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

do you get a Steam-key if you buy it at the webstore? It's about 2€ cheaper there, that's why I'm asking.
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote