Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #21
MikeS21
Minors (Triple A)

I, too, am pleased with the decision to go ahead and release the game. I need my OOTP fix! Although I am looking forward to seeing what the 3D features will add to the game.
MikeS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #22
deacon2817
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
Good to know there's at least one other OOTPer around here who's as obsessed with WWII as he is with baseball... As soon as I read "Jorin Guderian" I thought, "hmm, any relation?" The fact that he is related just made my day.
I wouldn't be surprised if many of us are WWII buffs. OOTP is about strategic moves as is the history of WWII.

Marcus 3D is going to be a nice addition but having the game as planned is much more important. Thank you for sticking to your original timing and giving us a great game year after year.
deacon2817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #23
RchW
Hall Of Famer

This is the right decision. It could also be beneficial to focus on the 3-D outside the normal first release issues.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #24
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
Good to know there's at least one other OOTPer around here who's as obsessed with WWII as he is with baseball... As soon as I read "Jorin Guderian" I thought, "hmm, any relation?" The fact that he is related just made my day.
Obsessed doesn't even begin to explain it. I was going to name my second son "Hearts of Iron II" until my wife threatened to divorce me.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
Obsessed doesn't even begin to explain it. I was going to name my second son "Hearts of Iron II" until my wife threatened to divorce me.
Hehe
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #26
Lee
Global Moderator

This game is far and away the best Baseball game on the market and 3D is just icing, that I think most are willing to enjoy as is, until you get the "flavor" right.

Thanks as always for a great product and proud that I have been a supporter since the very first version.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #27
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks for the friendly repsonse, guys. It really means a lot to us.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #28
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon2817 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if many of us are WWII buffs. OOTP is about strategic moves as is the history of WWII.
It's funny, I think I had basically stopped playing PC games between Panzer General 3D Assault and OOTP. Well, aside from the occasional foray into Europa Universalis, of course.

To be on-topic, I completely agree with the "don't make everyone wait because this one feature that actually still works is a little rough around the edges" plan. Good call.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #29
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
Ha! Funny you mention that, since if there is a game whose development I've been following as closely as OOTP15, it's Hearts of Iron IV. (Sadly, that one's still a year away )

OK, enough thread derailing from me. If I can wait an excruciating year for HoI4, I can easily wait a few months for 3D to be properly implemented in OOTP15.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #30
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherjul View Post
...OOTP is always pushing the limits and that's why I'll always pay to have this game.

Pushing? More like breaking and redefining on a regular basis.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #31
dward1
All Star Reserve

appreciate the update. I've always been of the mind that I won't use the 3D this year but think that in a year or two, adding in 3D animations will be one of the best things the game has ever done. no big deal that it will be a little choppy this season at all
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #32
BigCity
All Star Starter

Can't wait until release If 3D takes a few weeks more, so be it.
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #33
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'll just chime in and agree with everyone else. Releasing the game on schedule is the right call. Markus coming here to let us know is just the "OOTP Dev. way" of doing things. Nothing unusual about it but as always much appreciated.

Three things that have me come back and buy OOTP every year...
It is a great game and the best bang for buck money I spend on entertainment.
The pride the whole OOTP Dev. team takes in creating a quality product.
The way Markus and team communicate with the customers.

And yeah another WWII buff and game player here. It is very cool that a Guderian is a part of the OOTP team.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #34
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

The 3D not being 100% is not a deal breaker for me at all. I'm excited for the revamped UI, support for widescreen (now that I have widescreen monitor at long last thanks to Mrs. Foxy) and some of the other non-3D tweaks. I'm in it for the season simulation aspect so glad to see the release going out as expected. Thanks to everyone for their continued hard work and dedication to this amazing product.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #35
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I look forward to the 3-D for emersion factor when playing individual games as I do. BUT, OOTP is sooooo much more then that. Thanks for the honesty and straightforward 'state of...'. (as usual!).

Look forward to the release!
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #36
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

What Markus has described as the 3D that's already in the game seems fine to me for a first step anyway. I must admit that past history of "big" additions as a patch is not brilliant *cough*Regions*cough*, but I'm confident that any major 3D related bugs (i/e the ball flight being completely wrong for an outcome or something like that) will be fixed.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #37
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthepat View Post
Not a problem at all in my eyes. Such a huge new feature, its always felt like it will be a continuous work in progress for the next few years as things get added, improved and expanded.

Thank you and everyone who has worked on the game for all your hard work. Cant wait to play on Friday!
^This.

Far better to release and patch than to delay! Can't wait!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #38
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Now, let's make sure everybody keeps in mind that since we KNOW that Markus is going to be patching 3D like a madman for the first few weeks, there may be some more lag than usual when it comes to dealing with the usual grab bag of opening bugs.

We're all quite magnanimous about this until it impacts stuff WE care about, so let's just put that into the backs of our minds today to reduce some angst later.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #39
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
Now, let's make sure everybody keeps in mind that since we KNOW that Markus is going to be patching 3D like a madman for the first few weeks, there may be some more lag than usual when it comes to dealing with the usual grab bag of opening bugs.

We're all quite magnanimous about this until it impacts stuff WE care about, so let's just put that into the backs of our minds today to reduce some angst later.

I'm pretty sure Markus takes a back seat to most 3d programming and let's Andreas and Jorin handle most. So let's not worry too much about that
Old 04-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #40
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
what's the status of online head to head?.....
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote