Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
Customizable post-season seeding?
That one is on my "Maybe-List"... so, if there is time, but probably not.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #22
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
That's one of several minor tweaks that have been implemented and I forgot to write down.
Awesome, ich danke ihnen!!!
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #23
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
- Added editable accomplishment and milestone limits
Thank you, thank you, thank you - oh, and THANK YOU
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #24
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Any chance of Post Season Stats History making it in this year?

Or something for the future?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...n-history.html
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
lt2cents
Minors (Triple A)

Have to give a big thanks for several items on this list. Been waiting ( and complaining ) for them since the 2006 version.
lt2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #26
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Online leagues need to see the draft pool up to 270 days in advance. It's currently hardcoded to 75 days max which may be "realistic", but makes it hard for online leagues to draft online more than 2 or 3 rounds, before getting computer picks.

AI free agents should not make decisions in online leagues, before the next round of offers can be received. That is, the AI take into account how many days the commish is simming during the offseason. A solo player can sim day by day; online leagues cannot.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #27
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Any chance of Post Season Stats History making it in this year?

Or something for the future?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...n-history.html
Future
Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #28
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Online leagues need to see the draft pool up to 270 days in advance. It's currently hardcoded to 75 days max which may be "realistic", but makes it hard for online leagues to draft online more than 2 or 3 rounds, before getting computer picks.

AI free agents should not make decisions in online leagues, before the next round of offers can be received. That is, the AI take into account how many days the commish is simming during the offseason. A solo player can sim day by day; online leagues cannot.
The draft pool announcement can now be earlier, although the earliest is the start of the pre-season.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #29
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
- Added new option to base AI lineup / pitching staff decisions either on potential or current ability, which is useful for feeder leagues
Can this be used for minor leagues too?

Quote:
In-Game related features
- Customizable 3D ballpark support, with a new optional in-game view which features 3D ballflight
Can't wait to see screenshots of this.

Quote:
- Inside the park home runs have been tweaked so that ballpark dimensions have a much bigger effect
Cool.

Quote:

Quote:
League Options & Settings
- Added customizable spring training length (1-6 weeks)
- Added the option to set a roster size for Spring Training. Together with the option to sign players to minor league contracts which include a major league option, this results in the possibility to invite free agents to Spring Training.
- Added the option to allow teams to 'post' players who are not yet FA-eligible for foreign leagues, including an editable maximum posting fee
- Added the option to assign a repuation level to a league, which is used in player contract AI
- Added the option to set service time limit and age limit rules for minor leagues
- Added the option to limit contract length and prohibit contract extensions
- Added the option to have a non-editable ticket price
- Added a setting that prevents leagues with a disabled amateur draft to auto-generate fictional free agents
- Added the option to set a fee for which teams from other leagues may purchase contracts of players. This is useful if you have independent leagues in your game.
All of this is awesome.

Overall this is a brilliant feature set imho.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #30
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I've said it before, but it bears saying again: This sounds like far and away the greatest version of OOTP ever. The number of requested features and tweaks that Markus managed to work into this release is unbelievable.

Careful, Markus. Keep this up, and we're going to become spoiled brats.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #31
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I would like too see a way(via Commish mode) where I can check mark many free agents and assign them to one particular team instead of adding them individually(very time consuming).
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #32
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey folks,

here is the current feature list for OOTP 15. During beta test I usually add a few more small features, and if that is the case, I'll update this thread accordingly.

OOTP 15 Feature List

General
- More default leagues with real players, forming a big baseball universe (Japan, Korea, Italy, Netherlands, Taiwan etc.)
- Optional new ratings system, relative to league average, where on a 20-80 scale 10 points equal one standard deviation from the mean.
- Improved league news articles

Interface
- Redesigned Interface, optimized for widescreen resolutions
- The application window can be resized to any size by dragging the corners / borders
- Redesigned manager home screen with widgets
- Added new info screens which cover the entire game world (news, scores, schedule, history)
- Replaced the scouting dropdown menu with a button which allows the user to toggle between the head scout and OSA ratings easily
- The player lists in the team transaction screens are now sortable
- Added a team screen which shows the coaching staff of the entire organization
- Improved league free agent screen

Team Control
- Added a new manager setting which gives the AI control of transactions for the coaching staff / scouts
- Added the possibility to offer a job to a coach without having to fire the one who currently occupies the position

Feeder Leagues & Draft
- Added option to add full default feeder league system to a league, which calculates the number of feeder leagues / teams needed to function properly
- Added new option to define when players in feeder leagues are draft-eligible (relative to maximum age)
- Added new option to base AI lineup / pitching staff decisions either on potential or current ability, which is useful for feeder leagues
- Recoded the AI which handles bonus / contract demands of drafted players

In-Game related features
- Customizable 3D ballpark support, with a new optional in-game view which features 3D ballflight
- Added the option to remove the DH and let the pitcher bat in games which started with a DH
- Inside the park home runs have been tweaked so that ballpark dimensions have a much bigger effect
- Added new stats: WPA (win probability added), BB%, SO%, IR, IRS, IRS% (inherited runners)
- Improved in-game AI
- Improved play-by-play
- Groundball % rating for pitchers is now more variable and no longer displayed numerically
- Added weather conditions to pre-game screen

History
- Added the ability to set the minimum and maximum year of players in the historical random debut feature
- Added retired numbers for teams. AI-controlled teams retire numbers on their own for HoF-calibre players who spent the majority of their career playing for a single team
- Player history tracks salary year-by-year and notable game performances
- Player history tracks 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes in major awards

League Options & Settings
- Added customizable spring training length (1-6 weeks)
- Added the option to set a roster size for Spring Training. Together with the option to sign players to minor league contracts which include a major league option, this results in the possibility to invite free agents to Spring Training.
- Added the option to allow teams to 'post' players who are not yet FA-eligible for foreign leagues, including an editable maximum posting fee
- Added the option to assign a repuation level to a league, which is used in player contract AI
- Added the option to set service time limit and age limit rules for minor leagues
- Added the option to limit contract length and prohibit contract extensions
- Added the option to have a non-editable ticket price
- Added a setting that prevents leagues with a disabled amateur draft to auto-generate fictional free agents
- Added the option to set a fee for which teams from other leagues may purchase contracts of players. This is useful if you have independent leagues in your game.

AI-related Features
- Improved player evaluation AI (defense has more value)
- Recoded the minor league roster AI to prevent unrealistic amounts of roster moves in the minor leagues
- Recoded the AI which determines player releases

Facegen
- Improved FaceGen rendering
- Added new facial hair (Bobble mod)

Misc Tweaks
- HoF players are now highlighted in the retired player list
- Improved simulation speed

Ok. I need new pants. 😁
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #33
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I've said it before, but it bears saying again: This sounds like far and away the greatest version of OOTP ever. The number of requested features and tweaks that Markus managed to work into this release is unbelievable.

Agreed, this is my most anticipated release of OOTP in at least the last 5 years.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #34
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post

I think we already are.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenames View Post
Agreed, this is my most anticipated release of OOTP in at least the last 5 years.
This version is definitely the best, by far, which we have ever produced. When I'm firing up OOTP 14 it feels so outdated already, it's spooky.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #36
Donevyn
Major Leagues

I've played last several year's of OOTP (and a couple of leagues), but it always end's up for me being overwhelmed by all the choices, trying to find screen's for choices and etc. Now I know this game is for the hardcore, but really would like to enjoy the game, without(!) all the intricacies of minor leagues by the gazzalion; draft's without knowledge; and a billion other small details that the hardcore love. But even tho' I love looking at statistics, I'm more of a 'manager' type, not the GM type. So I'd rather enjoy on-field choices with a slight sprinkling of GM choices to do obvious trades and promotions. But none of the financial stuff give and take etc.

So, can there be something put in the manual on what things can be turned off for a 'simpler' way to enjoy OOTP? And maybe a 'tree of choices' that can be made available to print-out, or have sitting on your desktop to see the flow of things and an easier way to find them?

Well that is my lament. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority here. I do love what Markus and crew have done and want to support them for such a well done job (and with iOOTP), but just(!) not all of it
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #37
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which one exactly?

You currently are unable to enter the second game of a double-header before the game once you have played the first game. The work around is to run the clock until the games starts and then jump in the manage it, but that means you can't make any last minute changes to the pitcher or line-up.

And while I have your attention ( ), do you know about the Rule 5 problem where the same player will be passed around like a friendly joint, being drafted by team after team after team?

It seems that when a player gets drafted, they don't always get added to the drafting teams 40, meaning they are still available for another team to draft.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #38
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Any chance the double-header problem is being fixed?
Hi Markus,

Not sure which problem he's referring to (whoops - rpriske replied with his issue while I was typing this), but I notice a number of little "quirks" when it comes to double-headers, most of which are cosmetic (such as the font color on your team schedule screen being only green or red for the day's results, even if you won one game and lost the other).

But one issue is pretty major and can wreak some serious havoc on AI pitching staffs.

In my league, I have "Always start highest rested starter" as the default setting for all teams. When you first advance to a day with a doubleheader, on the Scores & Schedule screen you'll usually see the most rested pitcher set to start the first game and the next highest rested pitcher set to start the second game. This is as it should be.

Sometimes you see the same pitcher set to start both games. This happens when there is no acceptably "rested" second pitcher. Usually the pitcher gets changed to somebody else when the game actually gets simulated.

But what I've noticed is that, after the first game concludes, the pitcher chosen to start the second game is always the next guy in *strict order* in the rotation, even if he just pitched yesterday! I usually change mine to the most rested guy, but the AI just leaves it as it. It's as if the AI just ignores the "start highest rested starter" setting after that first game.

That's the biggest problem I've noticed with regards to double-headers thus far. Hopefully a fix can make it in to 15.

And thanks for all the other features - looks amazing!

Last edited by hefalumps; 03-12-2014 at 01:26 PM.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #39
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
You currently are unable to enter the second game of a double-header before the game once you have played the first game. The work around is to run the clock until the games starts and then jump in the manage it, but that means you can't make any last minute changes to the pitcher or line-up.

And while I have your attention ( ), do you know about the Rule 5 problem where the same player will be passed around like a friendly joint, being drafted by team after team after team?

It seems that when a player gets drafted, they don't always get added to the drafting teams 40, meaning they are still available for another team to draft.
OK, I'll take care of this during beta.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #40
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Can you elaborate anymore on the manager setting? The way I play is where I assign everything but the setting the lineups and pitching staff to the AI and I act as the on-field manager only. It would be nice if the game would differentiate between the GM and manager, even if it was mostly cosmetic (have me listed as manager and another name listed as GM). I say mostly cosmetic because I would still like for my GM to still be able to fired or leave and I'm still the manager.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote