Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-31-2014, 10:02 PM   #81
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Well guys, We tried. Unfortunately we don't have Wolfys seal of approval. So steam exclusive it is. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

That's awesome!
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:56 PM   #82
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I wish everyone would stop jumping The Wolf. His intention is not to harm. His intention is to debate. His enjoyment comes from the debate not the harm.

He's cool.

Acceptance...reconciliation.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 PM   #83
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Just be cool.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:25 PM   #84
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I wish everyone would stop jumping The Wolf. His intention is not to harm. His intention is to debate. His enjoyment comes from the debate not the harm.

He's cool.

Acceptance...reconciliation.

It's one thing to be opinionated and enjoy a good natured debate. That's a good thing. But it's entirely different matter to be arrogant to call others illogical because they disagree with his view. He's not debating, he sometimes takes the stand to force his view upon others as the only right one and everything else is illogical and non-sensical. That's not debating; it's preaching.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-31-2014 at 11:27 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:06 AM   #85
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
but from what i read Steam still forces me to have a hard drive to save my games, which means from what i understand that i won't be able to play as i travel as the weight is too much on my back. or maybe i again misunderstand the service.
I was writing about a Kindle. Yes, you misunderstood.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:12 AM   #86
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's one thing to be opinionated and enjoy a good natured debate. That's a good thing. But it's entirely different matter to be arrogant to call others illogical because they disagree with his view. He's not debating, he sometimes takes the stand to force his view upon others as the only right one and everything else is illogical and non-sensical. That's not debating; it's preaching.
This from the guy who doesn't understand how to check the gift box when buying software on Steam and who posts nonsensical rants about it that have no relation to reality? Oh, yeah, right.

You got one thing correct: I'm against nonsense.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #87
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well guys, We tried. Unfortunately we don't have Wolfys seal of approval. So steam exclusive it is. Stick a fork in it, it's done.
This would be an amusing insult except that you completely missed the fact that I have never, ever advocated making OOTP Steam-exclusive and in fact support the opposite viewpoint. Try facts and logic next time; insults and lies just make you look really silly.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 AM   #88
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm usually not one to mourn progress, but nothing makes me sadder than seeing books slowly disappear. But, I'm probably part of the problem. I'm a library user. Still love the feel of having a book in my hands. I carry a book with me almost everywhere.
With you, then our twins were born. No more book carrying for another year or so. Then Happy Days are Here Again!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #89
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I like steam.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #90
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Well, yes and no. Steam allows you to install your games onto any computer, no matter where you are. If those games have cloud support (and many do), you can also access your saved games from anywhere.

So yes, you need a hard drive. But no, you don't technically need to carry it around with you wherever you are.

that's great. I was under the impression I would need to carry my computer to play OOTP. so all I need is to find a computer with internet anywhere and I will be able to play my world. I guess I might have to go a steam then.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #91
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
that's great. I was under the impression I would need to carry my computer to play OOTP. so all I need is to find a computer with internet anywhere and I will be able to play my world. I guess I might have to go a steam then.
No, you're not understanding. You will need to carry your saved game files with you wherever you go, whether it's on your own computer, an external hard drive or a flash drive. Steam DOES NOT save your game files in a cloud.

I've never used Steam and I'm only learning about it through what's being said here, but it seems pretty obvious to me that Steam's draw isn't that you can play your games anywhere you can find any computer with internet. That may be possible with some games, but certainly not with OOTP for numerous reasons that have been hashed out in this thread.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #92
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, yes and no. Steam allows you to install your games onto any computer, no matter where you are. If those games have cloud support (and many do), you can also access your saved games from anywhere.

So yes, you need a hard drive. But no, you don't technically need to carry it around with you wherever you are.
I think we need to make sure some people understand that you need to be on a computer with permission to install the game, and most libraries, internet cafes or similar places are not going to allow this. And OOTP does not have cloud support, so you won't be able to access your saved games anywhere unless you carry them on a flash drive or external hard drive.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #93
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

OOTP doesn't have cloud saves on Steam YET.

Or head to head, or a mod Workshop.

Let's see what happens over time.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #94
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I'm usually not one to mourn progress, but nothing makes me sadder than seeing books slowly disappear. But, I'm probably part of the problem. I'm a library user. Still love the feel of having a book in my hands. I carry a book with me almost everywhere.
me as well

Although I wish Hemp was legal, it can be regrown easily over a harvest and is durable.Would make a great product to make books out of

and Wolf is correct, Steam is the future of gaming, and has been responsible for bringing back classics like Age of Empires II and helping creative companies like Tell Tale make an indelible mark. Some users may go away because it's a new arena and as you age priorities are different, learning a new way to create mods and create leagues might be a hassle. But you might get new users as well...my only concern is because it's baseball, the former might be 2x the amount of the latter. I see a big dwindling of support for baseball in the last 2 generations.

A gradual move towards Steam would be ideal with a great Modder who creates a very intuitive Mod for us middle aged guys to unzip and play is paramount, though.

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"

Last edited by Carlton; 02-01-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #95
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

2013 national Harris Poll on sports popularity in America, courtesy of CBS:

"Of the adults polled, 34 percent said pro football was their favorite sport"

"Baseball checked in at No. 2 with 16 percent of the vote, followed by college football (11 percent), auto racing (eight percent), men's pro basketball (seven percent), hockey (five percent) and men's college basketball (three percent)."

Old 02-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #96
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
OOTP doesn't have cloud saves on Steam YET.

Or head to head, or a mod Workshop.

Let's see what happens over time.
Does Steam have cloud saves for other games that don't support cloud saves on their own?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #97
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
2013 national Harris Poll on sports popularity in America, courtesy of CBS:

"Of the adults polled, 34 percent said pro football was their favorite sport"

"Baseball checked in at No. 2 with 16 percent of the vote, followed by college football (11 percent), auto racing (eight percent), men's pro basketball (seven percent), hockey (five percent) and men's college basketball (three percent)."
My father and mother would be that 16%, they are 70 yrs old.
Also what constitutes an adult in this poll? Where are the age brackets?

It's random adults (including females who tend to not play video games like OOTP)

Using your poll, in 1985 24% was football, 23% was baseball

My point holds true. The amount of users of OOTP MIGHT drop

Football is America's Favorite Sport as Lead Over Baseball Continues to Grow -- NEW YORK, Jan. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

The above survey is old but it shows over 50 years old are the main fan-base of baseball

For one who argues quite frequently, I would have thought you'd stay away from half-truths.

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #98
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Does Steam have cloud saves for other games that don't support cloud saves on their own?
Yes, but the game does have to be configured to allow it.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #99
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Using your poll
Please stop being ridiculous. I took no poll. Harris did, and CBS reported it. It's not "mine."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
For one who argues quite frequently, I would have thought you'd stay away from half-truths.
Quoting others is a "half-truth"? Please.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #100
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, but the game does have to be configured to allow it.
Ninjaed! Exactly as he wrote.