Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #81
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarf054 View Post
I'm new to OOTP having only played 14 but one thing that I would like to see and should be fairly simple to implement is to have an option to over rule AI roster decisions. I like to play as GM only but I don't want to go through and promote/demote players constantly so I allow the AI to do so. However on occasion there are certain players I want on the roster or not on the roster and unless I take over full control the AI insists on reversing my decision every time. I also have issues with signing free agents in the off season and then the AI will try to run them through waivers at the end of spring training and they get picked up by other teams.

I just want an option to approve or deny these decisions made by the AI. Maye send me a personal message saying I want to send Player X to AAA yes or no? It wouldn't even have to be organization wide just between the ML and AAA would be great.
Wrong thread, and there's an option for that for individual players already.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #82
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
OOTP knows numbers, not names. It doesn't know that the Mets and Indians are supposed to suck, which means that on the unlikely chance we have evidence that they do suck in-game, that would be a bug. But since we don't have conclusive evidence, we can't call it a bug yet.
le receveur and Pronkytonk weren't serious in saying that about the Mets and Indians.

They were just joking by referencing one of the stupider threads around here in a while
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #83
Halara
Minors (Single A)

1. In the team strategy documentation for the 'Ask manager for strategy' and 'ask bench coach for strategy section' it says:

"Selecting this asks your manager/bench coach to set the strategy for the currently selected combination of Game Strategy Time and Game Score Situation"

If you select this option it does set their general strategy to that specific time and game score, but the time and game score does not seem to affect their strategy at all. I would love to see my managers opinion be different in a 9th inning tie game than it is in when the first pitch of the game is thrown.

2. I don't know if this is considered a bug or not but the AI strategy on hooking the SP is determined on the number of runs above or below you are in the score. However, if your late into the game and your SP just walked the first two batters I would like to see the AI pull him regardless of pitch count.

3. With setting up player substitutions in the depth chart I would like to have an option that allows me to sub a player every x amount of games regardless of lefty/righty splits.

4. With batters we're able to look at the stats of how they do against every single pitcher they've faced. I would like to see a similar thing for pitchers where I can see how they fared against batters. And in both cases I'd like to have a filter when I can apply a team filter. For example if I'm going up against Boston Red Sox and I want to see how my players have batted against the I can easily look at those numbers without sorting through every pitcher they've gone up against. Same would go for the pitchers, where I could look at how a specific Red Sox pitcher have done against my batters. Ultimately if this information was available during the actual live game that would be great as well.

#4 is definitely not a bug so maybe this is the wrong thread to post it in but it's certainly something I've wanted to see added to the game for a long time.
Halara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #84
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Here is something I just noticed:

When an injured player is re-activated from the DL in September (and the minor league seasons are finished) why are players being sen to the minors for injury rehab?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #85
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
le receveur and Pronkytonk weren't serious in saying that about the Mets and Indians.

They were just joking by referencing one of the stupider threads around here in a while

You'd better keep me off the roster team! If I'm on it, the Mets will be lucky to win 10 games a year!

Last edited by Doc_Brown; 01-17-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #86
Snarf054
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Wrong thread, and there's an option for that for individual players already.
Ok I didn't know there was an individual option. However I don't see where it would the wrong thread since my suggestion was to make it a global option for all players since I can not read the Ai's mind and know when they are going to suddenly decide to throw a player on irrevocable waivers. Once they do that it's a bit late to tell them no.
Snarf054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #87
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
You'd better keep me off the roster team! If I'm on it, the Mets will be lucky to win 10 games a year!
Hey hands off my Mets

Quickly sending Howard an email...

You can expect to see your dis-invitation to the roster team in a couple days

btw, seriously, are you set up and ready to go with that yet?
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #88
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
The storylines, which I really want to use, need a lot of work with regards to when they show up.

For example, I'm playing a league in the 1950s and I had a player have to retire because he got experimental eye surgery and it left him blind in one eye. Not such a big deal I guess - they were experimenting with eye surgeries in the 1950s - except it explicitly mentions the surgery as an alternative to LASIK. LASIK wasn't available in the US until the late 1980s.

Another story made a reference to a player marrying a supermodel from the modern era (can't remember her name) as well as mentioning Facebook posts.

So it'd be great if you guys could just take another pass through each storyline and shore up those date constraints to reduce the appearance of these glimpses into the future.
The "minimum year" fields are in the storyline file (the supermodel one is 2009). The game just seems to ignore them, so that's what needs to be fixed.

Last edited by Cryomaniac; 01-17-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #89
le receveur
All Star Starter

(storyline reminded me of one).

Reference to real world that don't relate to the league.

My example was Scouting report that the top draftee would contend for CY Young awards year after year. Problem is that in my league there is no Cy Young award, as i have renamed the award to someone else, since my league is a break-out league from MLB.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #90
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Related to the story lines - it's not a bug really but some really thorough documentation and adding more options would really help it to take off and be useful.

I'd love to do some modding for story lines but it's just been an exercise in frustration so far. I think if we had a "storyline bible" telling us what we can do (and can't do), how to do it, and made the story lines exclusive to a single saved league file (not sure if this is the case now), it would be a great avenue for modding and drawing customers into the game.

I have some great ideas but they're just too difficult to implement right now or I don't know how to implement them.

EDIT: I'm happy to volunteer during beta to take a crack at writing this "storyline bible" up if I can get answers to my questions!

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015

Last edited by kingcharlesxii; 01-17-2014 at 02:34 PM.
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #91
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Hey hands off my Mets

Quickly sending Howard an email...

You can expect to see your dis-invitation to the roster team in a couple days

btw, seriously, are you set up and ready to go with that yet?

Yeah I'm all set up and ready to go, just waiting for the keys.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #92
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
(storyline reminded me of one).

Reference to real world that don't relate to the league.

My example was Scouting report that the top draftee would contend for CY Young awards year after year. Problem is that in my league there is no Cy Young award, as i have renamed the award to someone else, since my league is a break-out league from MLB.
It's been so long since I started a new league, but the default name of the pitcher award isn't even the Cy Young Award, right? Which makes any news story that references the Cy Young Award even more puzzling, really.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #93
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
It's been so long since I started a new league, but the default name of the pitcher award isn't even the Cy Young Award, right? Which makes any news story that references the Cy Young Award even more puzzling, really.
Right, the default is the "Outstanding Pitcher Award." That really is strange that a story would reference the CY.
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #94
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Bookmark them.
I get the impression that a lot of people don't understand the power of bookmarks.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #95
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
The "minimum year" fields are in the storyline file (the supermodel one is 2009). The game just seems to ignore them, os that's what needs to be fixed.
Storylines need a total overhaul to remove anachronisms and to achieve balance between positive and negative storyline impacts. Plus a story bible/guidelines should be established.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #96
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
League evolution should be a checkbox option when starting a new game (with the ability to change it later of course)

It 100% should NOT be on by default
Ten thousand times this. Evolution and storylines should both be off by default.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #97
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Here's another leagcy issue (?) that isn't really a bug or flaw but it has been wanted for a long time. Can we get more jersey to show? Look at this jersey:

Name:  jerseys_durban_freedom_home5.png
Views: 2379
Size:  140.7 KB

Then look at what is actually visible:

Name:  player_durban_home2.png
Views: 1138
Size:  53.9 KB

A lot of lost work.

Alot of effort was put into this jersey but all the time spent on the mesh was wasted and pretty much my whole button idea got wasted. Can we get more jersey to show?

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #98
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
The bug that causes League Evolution to be turned on in leagues by default and 9 times out of 10 ends up ruining the first league started by someone new to the game. We've all read the posts. My league just expanded and now my schedule doesn't feature interleague play. My San Diego Padres just relocated to Queens.
DW At this point you should know yto go through all options you want or do not want. If it is turned off by default I will be fine with it but I like it on by default.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #99
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
it has been documented that OOTP is obviously programmed to make the Mets lose, and not perform well, even if you load them with all-stars. AI will even have suspicious behaviour just to make sure they lose...
Mets have 6 World Series rings in my league and have 2 of the best players of all time. Wilbur Duggleby and Harry Walker. Walker has 341 Wins and 5200 K. 6 Cy Young Awards. Duggleby has almost 3000 hits and 500 HR in 14 seasons. 7 time NL MVP. Not to mention that D'arnaud is the best overall C in the last 8 seasons and Matt Harvey & Walker Weickel are 2 of the best RHP in the last 8 years.
OOTP is programmed to hate the Cubs and that should never change.

"Stay Strong"

Old 01-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #100
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
ALMOST FORGOT - A BIG BUG for people who play out the games...

When there is a Double-Header, many times (but not every time), once you play the first game, the second game no longer appears in your menu. The only way to play the game is to let the game start and then jump in. That means you can no longer set the line-up or starter.

YES you can go and set things in the 7-day or whatever that is, but you shouldn't have to do that. Just let the game appear in the menu to play, like the first game always does.
I have not seen that issue since 13.

"Stay Strong"