Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:03 AM   #1
orange6
Minors (Double A)

39-2 Record to Start Season

39 and freaking 2

A couple of notes:

80-game schedule
I play out EVERY at bat (I know my guys better than the AI)
Had the 22nd (out of 24) payroll
Started spring training in 2018 0-9, and thought I had put together my worst team in (my) OOTP career.

In 2018 (year 1) went 61-19 and won the Cup.

So I decided to spend some money and am now up to the 6th highest payroll in the league.

In return, my team (the Charlotte Stripers) started 22-0 in 2019, and have a 39-2 mark 1 day before the All-Star break. And it has not been easy.

8-0 in extra inning games
11-1 in 1-run games

I have never seen anything like it in my OOTP history. What started as a league just to hold me to get to OOTPXX has now turned into a fictional baseball obsession. I just can't walk away from this.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:16 AM   #2
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Wow, that happens when you're first in every important category - batting and pitching.

Great job!
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:40 AM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

you beat the 35-5 Detroit Tigers record WIre to wire 1984 season (real life)
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

That's a pretty good start. But you have a ways to go to reach the real-life record of the 1992 Dominican Summer League's Blue Jays East club, which finished the season 68-2.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

That's un-possible. Everyone knows that the AI cheats.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #6
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I ended my 3rd franchise season 144-18. I had the 3rd highest payroll IIRC, but 144-18 is absurd. It was my third consecutive WS, but now my team is "rebuilding". Oh how I long for the glory days lol
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:14 PM   #7
neugey
All Star Reserve

Holy crap, who is your manager? Geno Auriemma?

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:39 AM   #8
orange6
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
That's un-possible. Everyone knows that the AI cheats.
Ha ha. After playing out all the games, I actually feel that AI was cheating for me. Everything has gone my way.
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

once you get to that mountain top you have to start trading guys a bit into their prime in order to maintain. be heartless... and if you fell off, it's probably too late, but can get back easy enough.

you may slip to low-130s, but you can maintain that or higher every year, and maintain low payroll due to cavalcade of young high-end replacements you whittle down over time for just the best ones as keepers. well, it'll be up near max most years.. but trick is to never paint yourself into corner... the turnover typically keeps payoll in check, but sometimes requires additiona attention -- preferably 1-or2 years before there is a problem... it's easy to see coming.

if you can afford(through trades, mostly) to replace 1-2 studs every year with younger versions, you can always have a chance at 39-2. it may only happen 1/10 or 1/20 years but it will happen regularly. Also, you have to be trading for future needs. a dip may happen at first, but once the cycle comes full turn, it's all good from there on out.

rate of loss and rate of procurement... easy math to determine if you can do it in perpetuity. control the loss, and even it out. even easier work after that.

you could go just for peak years and dip to ~110s-120s doing the same things too. i like consistency, but i'm weird, lol.

i haven't had a moneyball achievement in a long time, but i have 7 in 160+ (or whatever it's upto now, think 2180's atm) years or so. probably been 60+ since i had a moneyball cheesey points. you can aim for those if you like cheesey points with this method too. probably not winning 140 games with that squad though, but it can and will happen eventually too.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-19-2019 at 05:59 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:53 PM   #10
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange6 View Post
39 and freaking 2

A couple of notes:

80-game schedule
I play out EVERY at bat (I know my guys better than the AI)
Had the 22nd (out of 24) payroll
Started spring training in 2018 0-9, and thought I had put together my worst team in (my) OOTP career.

In 2018 (year 1) went 61-19 and won the Cup.

So I decided to spend some money and am now up to the 6th highest payroll in the league.

In return, my team (the Charlotte Stripers) started 22-0 in 2019, and have a 39-2 mark 1 day before the All-Star break. And it has not been easy.

8-0 in extra inning games
11-1 in 1-run games

I have never seen anything like it in my OOTP history. What started as a league just to hold me to get to OOTPXX has now turned into a fictional baseball obsession. I just can't walk away from this.
You can import it into XX. Continuing games in new versions is one of OOTP's strengths.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote