Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

A young highly drafted Swedish player should not renew a KHL contract.

Have that ever happened IRL?

Edit: When he would very likely be signed by an NHL team.

Last edited by herm1978; 11-24-2017 at 01:22 PM.
herm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

When was the player drafted, which KHL team is he with, and what does his KHL contract look like? I'm still looking at changing the logic for the renewals for good prospects, but it'd help to have details.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Most likely he shouldn't have signed in the KHL at first...
But as Jeff wrote, is it possible to have more details?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #4
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

When: 2019, 11 OA (3,5* potential)

KHL team: Sibir Novisibirsk

Contract: I "commisioned" him out of the contract and sadly only remember he was on the last year of the contract and had renewed it for three more years (the original would have expired the same year that my rights for him would also expire).

Edit: 295k for 2 years. Found it under "history". Renewed for 865k, 3 years.

Last edited by herm1978; 11-24-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herm1978 View Post
When: 2019, 11 OA (3,5* potential)

KHL team: Sibir Novisibirsk

Contract: I "commisioned" him out of the contract and sadly only remember he was on the last year of the contract and had renewed it for three more years (the original would have expired the same year that my rights for him would also expire).

Edit: 295k for 2 years. Found it under "history". Renewed for 865k, 3 years.
Thanks. So the renewal was competitive with what he'd get on an entry-level NHL deal, but still not a smart long-term move for a #11 overall. How did he wind up with Novosibirsk in the first place - can you check his transaction history and tell me what Swedish team he left to join them? And which player was it, if it's 2019 that's likely a real guy.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Thanks. So the renewal was competitive with what he'd get on an entry-level NHL deal, but still not a smart long-term move for a #11 overall. How did he wind up with Novosibirsk in the first place - can you check his transaction history and tell me what Swedish team he left to join them? And which player was it, if it's 2019 that's likely a real guy.
Victor Söderström became a free agent jun 30th 2021 after a 2 year 130k contract with Djurgårdens IF. Signed with Novosibirsk jul 4th 2021.

I have another good prospect (Marco Rossi 3,5 ability at 21) that doesnt seem to want to leave europe. In a year my rights will end. Is there any chance players like that changes their mind, or anything I can do?
Old 11-25-2017, 02:54 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, OK, I was thinking he was still junior-aged, but he signed in the KHL at 20, a couple of years after he was drafted. Had you tried to sign him before then and he refused?

For Rossi, what point in the season are you at now, and how recently have you made him an offer that got rejected because he didn't want to leave Europe?
Old 11-25-2017, 03:53 AM   #8
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Ah, OK, I was thinking he was still junior-aged, but he signed in the KHL at 20, a couple of years after he was drafted. Had you tried to sign him before then and he refused?

For Rossi, what point in the season are you at now, and how recently have you made him an offer that got rejected because he didn't want to leave Europe?
Maybe I'm handling prospects wrong, but I try not to sign them when their ability is below 1,5* thinking they need a bit more seasoning before they can handle AHL. I wouldnt want them to sit on the bench. How do I know how long I should let them develop in Europe?

Tried to sign Rossi right after the (this years) draft, and I know I tried the same the year before. Not certain if I tried the previous year also.

Edit: Rossi got drafted 2020 and, at least, from 2022 (around draft) he did not want to leave Europe.

Last edited by herm1978; 11-25-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:20 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

One star should be enough for the AHL as long as you don't have so many better guys on the farm that they'll get buried. They're probably not going to get overwhelmed by the level of play at that point, and it'd be preferable to have direct control over their development.

That's a little strange with Rossi, his ratings shouldn't incline him to be reluctant to leave Europe. I'll look into that a little further.

Edit: try him every three months or so, the value that resets whether or not he's willing to move is recalculated four times a year.

Last edited by JeffR; 11-25-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #10
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

What's wrong with Novosibirsk? o_O
number1alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #11
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alien View Post
What's wrong with Novosibirsk? o_O
Well, we can argue that it would be most likely for such a player to sign in St. Petersburg or in Moscow, or perhaps in Kazan. Last chance in Ufa maybe, hardly in Novosibirsk. I wonder if a transfer like that should even be possible frankly, for as much as I love the KHL, Tolvanen signed there just because there's a Finnish team.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote