Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Help save game corrupted

So I went to load my saved game and it tells me Its corrupt or a saved game from another version. This is why we need rolling saves!!! This happened last year too. I'm trying a conversion to see if that fixes it but it takes forever!

I love ootp but this has to be fixed. Going back a month to another save if tolerable but loosing your whole game isn't!!

The conversion didn't work and crashed. Guess you have to physically copy the game file into another directory once a game month to make sure it doesn't screw up. Guess I'll leave ootp alone for a while since I'm a bit choked.

Last edited by Baldrick88; 04-28-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Baldrick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I've seen tech support help out with this kind of thing in the past. Give them a shot before you give up.

I'm sure you'll be back in business in no time. Those guys are great!

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, hate it when that happens, as they say. Before you go crazy over it (know I would) do two things: upload the league with a bug report and note that it's been corrupted or at least the game says so; there may be a fix (doubtful, but there may) and also try going to Load Game instead of continue and select the game. See if the same results follow.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick88 View Post
So I went to load my saved game and it tells me Its corrupt or a saved game from another version. This is why we need rolling saves!!! This happened last year too. I'm trying a conversion to see if that fixes it but it takes forever!

I love ootp but this has to be fixed. Going back a month to another save if tolerable but loosing your whole game isn't!!

The conversion didn't work and crashed. Guess you have to physically copy the game file into another directory once a game month to make sure it doesn't screw up. Guess I'll leave ootp alone for a while since I'm a bit choked.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Before you give up, please try this:

1. Go to My Documents>Out of the Park Developments>OOTP Baseball 14>saved_games and create a new folder named something like test.lg
2. While still in the saved_games folder, look inside of your [league_name].lg folder and you will see a folder named auto-save. Click on that folder and copy all of the .dat files
3. Go back to the folder named test.lg and paste the .dat files into that folder
4. Start OOTP 14 and load the game named test

If that new game named test loads properly, you can use those .dat files to continue your game:

1. Exit OOTP 14
2. Go back to your new game named test.lg and copy all 16 .dat files
3. Go back to your [league_name].lg that's borked and paste those .dat files over top the main league files

By the way, if you didn't modify the auto-save settings, then the backup will be from the beginning of the current game year which may not be so helpful. You can change the auto-save settings by going to the "game" menu and choosing "setup & options". On the right side, you'll see the auto-save settings. I always set mine to once per week and I recommend this setting to all customer I assist. Saving for a large league on a weekly basis may take a little time but at least its less annoying than losing months or perhaps years of game play.

Another way to backup your league files is to zip those 16 .dat files from your saved_games/your [league_name].lg folder using zip compression software such as 7zip, WinZip or WinRar. I do recommend this for anyone that's running a large league or a long running league.

Please let me know how things go.

Cheers,
Bowtie

Last edited by Bowtie; 04-28-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
JimGalaxy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you Bowtie!!

Had a league get corrupted while saving yesterday, when power went out. I despaired on getting it fixed - but your method worked like a champ. I have auto-save running every Game-calendar-day, so I lost almost nothing.

Thanks very much!!!
JimGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGalaxy View Post
Had a league get corrupted while saving yesterday, when power went out. I despaired on getting it fixed - but your method worked like a champ. I have auto-save running every Game-calendar-day, so I lost almost nothing.

Thanks very much!!!
Hi Jim,

Yeah, power outages can be a real PITA. That's why all of us in Tech Support stress the very importance of backing up your game files very frequently. It's always better to lose a game week or two versus losing a game month or perhaps year.

I'm very happy to hear my method worked for you.

Good luck with your game!

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #7
_Jack
Bat Boy

Thanks Bowtie!!

Works in ootp16 as well
Old 05-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #8
Detroit_Indie
Bat Boy

Thank you so much Bowtie. You're my hero. The trick worked on OOTP18 as well.