Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
I_Got_Wood_34
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Bryce Harper, OMG, dude is going crazy in my league

He has won 3 MVPs in his first 4 full seasons, and led the Nationals to a 2014 world series championship. He's a regular threat for 10 WAR. According to fangraphs translations that would make him worth $50M/season in fair market value. just wow! He's made less than $25M so far in his 5 seasons total.

He's only 25 and absolutely dominating my MLB league with an elite bat & glove. Hitting for power, stealing bases, covering a ton of ground and throwing runners out with his rocket for an arm.

If his career were to end now, he might have a good enough of a resume already for HOF consideration.

I'm going to make sure I set it up to have a TON of spare cash in his free agent year, and crossing my fingers he doesn't extend with Washington. He will be going onto the market in 2018 (only have to wait 1 more year). I'll basically be writing him a blank check to come play for my Pittsburgh Pirates.

For ratings interpretation in the image: I use the 2-8 scouting rating scale in my league (cut off at 8). My scout is newly hired Dave Dombrowski, who is "legendary" at scouting major leaguers. My major league scouting budget is very small though (~$500K).

Last edited by I_Got_Wood_34; 05-12-2013 at 08:49 AM.
I_Got_Wood_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
sc_superstar
Major Leagues

With 2012 stats factored into the new ratings, both Trout and Harper are beasts now. Barring Random Talent Change, Harper usually ends up with more power and AVG. While Trout is an annual 30/30 minimum with a gold glove.

Harper was a beast in 13 too, he just usually needed a year in AAA and didnt hit for the same level of power.
sc_superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-i-m-stud.html
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #4
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_superstar View Post
With 2012 stats factored into the new ratings, both Trout and Harper are beasts now. Barring Random Talent Change, Harper usually ends up with more power and AVG. While Trout is an annual 30/30 minimum with a gold glove.

Harper was a beast in 13 too, he just usually needed a year in AAA and didnt hit for the same level of power.

I just checked into Mr. Harper in my league and he is indeed a beast of magnificent proportions. Your comment made me look into Trout quick too and behold what do I find? Both Mr. Harper and Mr. Trout were playing for the Yankees in the early 2020's. Goddamn Yankees. The silver lining of it all is it only resulted in 1 World Series win for the Yanks but still that team had Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Jose Reyes, Yu Darvish, Madison Bumgarner, Phil Hughes, and John Axford.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #5
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanmatt View Post
Both Mr. Harper and Mr. Trout were playing for the Yankees in the early 2020's. Goddamn Yankees. The silver lining of it all is it only resulted in 1 World Series win for the Yanks but still that team had Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Jose Reyes, Yu Darvish, Madison Bumgarner, Phil Hughes, and John Axford.
That explains how they only won 1 WS

/disgruntled brewers fan
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #6
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34 View Post
That explains how they only won 1 WS

/disgruntled brewers fan
Then you may be interested to know it was his only season with the Yanks, his last season period, and his worst of his career.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
jmarsh123
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I traded for an old (36 year old) Bryce Harper in my dynasty. He had signed with PIT and put up HOF numbers. Hit his 500th HR with me. Had to let him walk after his age-37 season, but still a league average player.
jmarsh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
Kronos
Major Leagues

Careful with that long term deal, I had Harper put up some awesome numbers for me, gave him a big deal and he went in the tank, he's now 31 and sitting on the bench for my AA team.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #9
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Signed him to a long term deal at 26 yrs old. He's been good. Nothing spectacular. Starting to decline at 31.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
I_Got_Wood_34
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
I just thought it funny to look back at the fictional bryce harper in my ootp league compared to the real life version now.

Scary enough, the real life version looks even better.
I_Got_Wood_34 is offline   Reply With Quote