Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

For the love of God, add a level above perfect

PT is great, but winning 65 games every year in perfect is not fun. Make a small champions league at the top and let us mere mortals compete with each other. Thanks!
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
daves
Hall Of Famer

Next version there might be an elite level for Perfect level winners only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Kushiel
All Star Starter

No doubt by this time next year somebody would be asking to add a level again.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Make it an upper tier level on the basis of PL Championship quota. 5 to 6 PL championships, bumps you for good into the elite league.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #5
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
No doubt by this time next year somebody would be asking to add a level again.
Evidence suggests they need to stop expanding the real value of their top-end 100s, as we all know there are perfect cards and PERFECT cards.

As long as the top end continues inflating, so will everything else.

They've already created a whaleverse.

Stop pretending, and give them their exclusive country club.

Last edited by Lemandria; 12-23-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #6
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

last week the megawhales were mostly concentrated in one league.

this week we addeed a few more.

so even making a champions league isn't going to solve your problem.

the real problem is in the game design--too many ppl end up at perfect level too fast.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #7
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Increasing relegation may solve the problem. Drop 12 of the lowest teams and you will probably find that the tier structure would start forming a triangle shape. The top tiers would have a lot fewer leagues. It may even reduce the amount of tanking we have.

Right now too many teams in all the levels just stagnate in mediocritynever moving up or down.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #8
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

any "baseball sim" in which teams are winning 130 or 140+ games every season has work to be done
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:40 PM   #9
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

If there is an elite league, make it an opt in/ opt out. I would hate to get a team that goes .500 for the season, gets in playoffs, gets lucky, wins, then is stuck in an elite league where the .500 ball doesn't get them regulated back.
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #10
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Evidence suggests they need to stop expanding the real value of their top-end 100s, as we all know there are perfect cards and PERFECT cards.

As long as the top end continues inflating, so will everything else.

They've already created a whaleverse.

Stop pretending, and give them their exclusive country club.
Good point. 100s should be legit 100s. Ratings should be more strict like with Madden.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:36 PM   #11
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post

Yes, too many elite peak cards. Eliminate peak cards, there will still be whale teams but not as dominate.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #12
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
any "baseball sim" in which teams are winning 130 or 140+ games every season has work to be done
This is the real problem. Furthermore, they could fix it right now, by relegating 12-16 teams out of perfect, until the best teams' run differential is around +300 across all the perfect leagues. Then work on diamond until the best teams' run differential is around +300 across all diamond leagues. Then work on gold etc...…

But they choose not to do this. Instead, they promote 4 from diamond and relegate 4 from perfect and the number of perfect leagues continues to grow.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #13
neugey
All Star Reserve

+1 for the pure pyramid structure to promotion/relegation structure. You could argue that 18 out of 30 teams should be relegated each week from Perfect Level. That is how I thought it would be when I started playing PT. I am a bit surprised they haven't done more with pro/rel, but maybe they have a plan but wish to hold off for OOTP 21.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:28 PM   #14
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

This...
Attached Images

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:55 AM   #15
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack View Post
PT is great, but winning 65 games every year in perfect is not fun. Make a small champions league at the top and let us mere mortals compete with each other. Thanks!

Maybe they listen to someone else but me. I got crucified about a month ago. Was even told I'm a baby killer. I played in a league where a team won 30+ season & finished 2nd only twice. one season their record was 153 wins -9 loses. Good Luck on your journey, you'll need it
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 02:40 AM   #16
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Someone said something about another game that had potentially infinite levels. In other words, create them as needed on some promotion quota. I wouldn't mind some automatic sense-making in the area of divisions and leagues either.

Rivalries are a pretty important part of baseball. Geography, too. Most people would probably like that / could still have option to friend up.

No real complaints here, though.

Mostly we're making the game what it is. The devs "laws of the universe" are laid out in plain sight.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 12-24-2019 at 02:42 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:17 AM   #17
joehart
All Star Starter

I was not a fan of the PEAK cards at the beginning and I still think they are often so far off the charts that the average roster can't keep up with them.
It makes economical sense to have them but it does not help in terms of game balance or realism.
But I understand that some people love these hypothetical cards. They can be fun to collect and use if you have them all.

Did people like PT19 better (with the removal of Perfect Pedro)? Was it more competitive and more balanced and fun? Teams won with a lesser lineup.

Today, the top players utilize every little advantage that they can get (ballpark, starters at low pitchcount, ...) hence you end up with a giant gap between the top and casual players.

Personally, some of the suggestions may also lead to boredom. The top teams look so similar after a while. But it could be just me that gets bored when all teams look and feel the same at every level and the winner is the one that gets lucky or has more hours every week to micro manage every match.

I don't believe a true pyramid will solve it.
We have maybe 200 teams with 5+ championships but 2300+ teams in Perfect league today.

Even if we only have 6 leagues at the top level, you would see a big gap between the top 50 teams and the next 150. Shifting the problem to other players (alienating a group that currently pays $$$ to make up for having less time micromanaging. These 150 may not spend $$$$ to always have the very best and latest).

Today any mid-level team has a chance to win a Perfect league trophy. You won't make it every year (due to shuffle) but you get a chance every few years when the league contains few or no super whales. This is thanks to 70+ PL leagues.

I don't believe we have an easy fix panacea that will make everyone happy.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 06:46 AM   #18
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

I don't believe a true pyramid will solve it.
We have maybe 200 teams with 5+ championships but 2300+ teams in Perfect league today.

Even if we only have 6 leagues at the top level, you would see a big gap between the top 50 teams and the next 150. Shifting the problem to other players (alienating a group that currently pays $$$ to make up for having less time micromanaging. These 150 may not spend $$$$ to always have the very best and latest).

Today any mid-level team has a chance to win a Perfect league trophy. You won't make it every year (due to shuffle) but you get a chance every few years when the league contains few or no super whales. This is thanks to 70+ PL leagues.

I don't believe we have an easy fix panacea that will make everyone happy.
You make a decent argument against increasing relegation a lot, it may not solve the haves and have nots. I think though that it will create a lot more movement and that may bring a bit more excitement into PT. The ELITE would end up battling other elites more and the rest of us mortals would find ourselves in a more competitive level I feel.

OOTP is a business and it needs to make money/profit. That should not stop it from giving players the best experience possible. Let the whales spend a ton of cash and fight among themselves. The rest of us poor mortals can compete at whatever level our skill/luck brings us to. By increasing the relegations a lot it makes it more of a challenge to stay in the level you are in and even more of a challenge to rise up to the next level. Making diamond or even gold would be proud moment not just a place to end up in mediocrity for seasons upon seasons.

The other benefit of this suggestion is that most of the abandoned teams should end up in iron leagues making the rest of the leagues much more challenging and exciting.

Lets relegate 12 to 15 teams on every level and do away with mediocrity.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 06:58 AM   #19
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, let's relegate 29 teams every week! Champagne or bust!!

Disclaimer: this post contains irony while I shake my head at record pace.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #20
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Adding a league won't help that.

If there was another level, my team would have been promoted this week to that level and I would be getting slaughtered.

Only way to fix it...need more movement at the bottom half of the league. Only sending 4 or 6 teams back a level does noone any favors.

OOTP21

OOTP20

getalife1798 is offline   Reply With Quote