Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Player Ages

All,

I was trying to search for an answer, but have not found one. I was setting up a league of teams from different years, but the players' ages are basically what age they will/would be in 2018 (Babe Ruth is 122 years old lol).. Is there a setting I am missing that will just consider the age of the player was in the year of the team I imported? Any help would be appreciated..
sboehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:26 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboehler View Post
All,

I was trying to search for an answer, but have not found one. I was setting up a league of teams from different years, but the players' ages are basically what age they will/would be in 2018 (Babe Ruth is 122 years old lol).. Is there a setting I am missing that will just consider the age of the player was in the year of the team I imported? Any help would be appreciated..
Let's see if someone else chimes in on this but for some reason this feature is borked in 18. 17 might have been like this as well.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Let's see if someone else chimes in on this but for some reason this feature is borked in 18. 17 might have been like this as well.
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
sboehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Good point, I am curious. I once tried to do the same and got some old dudes instead of capturing them at the time of that season. So I just dumped that idea and moved on. I am curious how the proper way to do avoid that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

In some modes of play a players age has no effect on outcomes. It is just a cosmetic irritant. Like an animal test subject might get.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if the players are all from teh same year, or maybe per team the same year, you can quickly change them with a spreadsheet and an export of players.

if the same year by team, subtract X from the dob column in an unused space. copy and "paste special" numbers/text only and it's fixed. delete the "-x"column after you paste.

1) type "=" in an empty extra column, (inserting 1 works too)
2) click first row of dob column (this adds cell location after '=')
3) then type "-x" <enter> -- x=years difference current year-year player was imported from - will be the same for all players imported form same year.

1 cell is all you need to setup per team or entire league.

highlight that one cell, move mouse to lower right corner of highlighted cell and cursor becomes a "+" shape, click and drag down and it autoincrements what's necessary. entire column or entire team(or league) is done. rinse repeat for next team.

if you inserted the row for ease, make sure to remove that row, not just 'delete' it. otherwise just make sure no extra columns exist beyond what was originally exported.. with your new dob column values, of course.

import players back into league.

this is somethign that they can easily fix with minimal lines of code. this is one of this things like not being able to sort certain screens, lol.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #7
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

I've done historical exhibitions in 18 where every player's age was a rookie, no matter what year it was. The age thing seems to be a little wonkly sometimes in 18
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
I've done historical exhibitions in 18 where every player's age was a rookie, no matter what year it was. The age thing seems to be a little wonkly sometimes in 18
The exhibition ages being screwy are fixed in OOTP19.

Will have to check on ages in league with historical teams from different years.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote